Oatmeal Energy Booster

I totally crashed this afternoon. Out of the blue at 2:30pm I was tired, hungry and cranky. The last time I checked I’m not a 2 year old, but I definitely never grew out of the “terrible twos”. Sorry mom.

Anyways, I tried to fight the funk with iced coffee.IMG 9896 300x400 Oatmeal Energy Booster

But I ended up hitting the PB jar pretty hard. IMG 9897 thumb Oatmeal Energy Booster

In an effort to deter (or at least slow myself down) I made a bulky snack – oatmeal with pumpkin. I figured this would fill up my belly and hopefully slow my snacking roll.IMG 9900 thumb Oatmeal Energy Booster

I never thought of oatmeal as an energy booster, but when paired with iced coffee – anything is an afternoon energy booster, right?!

In case you care, I eat the weight control oatmeal because it has more protein and fiber.IMG 9902 thumb Oatmeal Energy Booster

Even with my heavy snack I still did some damage to that new Banana PB. It has sugar. The banana flavor is mild. I normally hate things that are “banana flavor”, but this doesn’t taste artificial at all. It’s really good! IMG 9898 thumb Oatmeal Energy Booster

In other news, I often let days go by before I check my paper mail. Most of the time it’s full of trash that I don’t want to deal with. IMG 9936 thumb Oatmeal Energy Booster

Today when I was trying to yank all my mail out of the tiny box a neighbor, who was also getting his mail too said, “You get a lot of mail! That is good!”

Not really, it’s just that I never check it. And I don’t get why that’s a good thing? Doesn’t he just get junk mail too?!

Don’t get me wrong, I like A LOT of MALE – just not the kind he was thinking wlEmoticon winkingsmile7 Oatmeal Energy Booster

ben groom thumb Oatmeal Energy Booster

Yeah I did.

Comments

Where do you get all of these yummy Peanut Butters????? I want some soooo badly! My options here are: Skippy, Peter Pan, Jiffy and something else. I tried ‘Smart Balance Omega’ but it was not so pleasing! What are your reccommendations for a fellow PB addict????

I don’t check my mail for days. It’s all junk, why should I walk the 50 yards to my mailbox to see that I qualify for another credit card I don’t need?

Banana pb has me intrigued.

Pumpkin and cottage cheese is a good filler-upper too (with a little pumpkin pie spice). I eat that almost every day as a snack. I need to slow down before I get sick of it.

Oh, and I put peanut butter in my oatmeal too. OMG. THAT combo should be a national treasure. And star Nicolas Cage. (Yeah, I went there.)

I have the same cranky problem in the afternoon. I blame the baby because she gets cranky and then spreads to me. There is only so much whining a human can absorb before getting cranky too!

I loved your last joke. Well done Ma’am.

Oh, I finally got to see your post! Yay!

I used to eat that weight control stuff but I guess I dont’ like the price, the stuff in the containers plain is just cheaper.

Glad to see your review on that pb cause i always see it at fresh and easy and contemplate buying it. I guess I’ll just dig into my white chocolate wonderful or dark chocolate dreams instead…

Checking the mail is the best part of the day! I love sifting through it to see if anything good came. While my chances would be higher if I went only every couple of days, I just couldn’t do that! The possibilities!! I already am bummed when I remember there is no mail on Sundays.

In other words, I have a problem. :)

7. Nicole says

How did you make the oatmeal + pumpkin?? Sounds delish!

I’m a new subscriber to your blog….I’m lovin’ it!! (Plus, I think you and I might have the same evil addiction to Peanut Butter! Nom nom nom!!

Thanks for the motivation and fun topics!!

Hi Nicole,
      Welcome :)

I just made the packet of oatmeal as usual, but added a big dollop of pumpkin to make it more food. I also added pumpkin spice. The oatmeal packet I used is sweetened so it didn’t need added sugar. If you are using plain oats, then sweeten to taste.