Breakfast Before Running

Hello and Happy Thursday! I stayed up way too late last night. When I woke up this morning I realized it was almost “breakfast time” anyways, and I should eat before running if I wanted to have breakfast before noon.

Normally I eat toast with PB before long runs, but toast with PB and egg is basically the same thing right? wlEmoticon winkingsmile8 Breakfast Before Running

I made French Toast because this is what I ate before running with Bobbi and it didn’t give me any stomach problems.

IMG 8830 533x800 thumb Breakfast Before Running

Doesn’t this kinda look like a Portabella Mushroom? Gross.

IMG 8832 800x533 thumb Breakfast Before Running

French Toast Bagel Thins cooked in an egg batter and served up with chia seeds, Mighty Maple PB and syrup. I ate the extra egg batter with ketchup.

IMG 8833 800x533 thumb Breakfast Before Running

I think  part of the reason I’m obsessed with French Toast these days is because I gave up sweets for Lent. This helps curb the craving, but I don’t think it’s the most balanced choice I could be making (especially when I have it every day).

IMG 8835 800x533 thumb Breakfast Before Running

Served up with a big ol’ glass of iced coffee…

IMG 8844 800x533 thumb Breakfast Before Running

I’ve been using this Trader Joes Columbia Supremo Coffee and love it! It is very smooth and delicious hot or cold.

IMG 8846 533x800 thumb Breakfast Before Running

Now I’m off for a run! I have no idea how much I’ll complete because my training plan has fallen by the wayside. IMG 8850 533x800 thumb Breakfast Before RunningI’m going to pull out my calendar and update it today. I need a plan to stay motivated!!!IMG 8849 533x800 thumb Breakfast Before RunningNotice Vegas looking at me like he wants to kill me…

IMG 8847 533x800 thumb Breakfast Before Running

Question: How late did you stay up last night?

I think it was almost midnight! I’m determined to be in bed by 11pm tonight, then 10 the next…

Comments

I was up until almost 1. There’s a lot going on at work right now and I finally broke down about it with my boyfriend. The good news is that I took today off so could sleep in! My goal is to be asleep before 11 tonight because we’re traveling this weekend.

I went to bed late. It was probably around 2 because it was already 1 when I hopped in the shower as my hair was in desperate need of a wash! I hope Vegas is feeling better!

Gosh my sleeping time has been very off. I’m moving to Augusta, GA and the past 3 days I’ve experienced time changes. I still manage to go to bed around 10pm when it is only 8pm but then I still wake up at 7:30am or 5:30am. I’m all messed up. LOL

I always go to bed way late and I have to be up way early. I don’t know why I do that to myself everyday.
    I love the Easter plate! So festive!
    As always, that french toast looks divine!

5. Jamie in Arkansas says

OK, how come it never even crossed my mind to cook up the “egg batter”. I usually just dump it! You’re a genius! Sometimes the simple things just make my day! :) P.S. I am wearing my Run Eat Repeat t-shirt today and I have to tell you – it’s one of my faves!! So comfy. And plus, people think it’s hilarious.

I was at work until 10:30, which is already past my bedtime. Luckily I live SUPER close to work so I was home and in bed by 11:15. Too bad my mind was racing and I was no where near ready for sleep…that 5am alarm came pretty early today!

hi! i’m intrigued by the french toast made of bagel thins … i think i will need to make this ASAP. i love bagel thins AND french toast … so this must be a match made in breakfast heaven! thanks for sharing :)

I’m always up until at least 11 if not 12. My brain doesn’t like the sleep so much. But then it leads to weird sentences like the last one ;)