Rant, Run and Move On

I headed to the beach this afternoon for my running group. IMG 0027 800x600 thumb Rant, Run and Move On

Their assignment today was a 45 minute workout with 6 minutes of running/1 minute of walking. They always do run/walk intervals.IMG 0028 800x600 thumb Rant, Run and Move On

IMG 0031 800x600 thumb Rant, Run and Move On

Despite my afternoon overeating I was all smiles. Leave the frowns at home – we’re here to have fun!!!IMG 0034 600x800 thumb Rant, Run and Move On

When I got home Ben wanted to exercise, but I wasn’t in the mood for another walk or run. I decided to give him a quick boot camp and he went for it!

Ben played football all through high school and for a short time in college, so he likes being worked hard wlEmoticon winkingsmile10 Rant, Run and Move OnIMG 0039 600x800 thumb Rant, Run and Move On

Post-group I had a healthy dinner of broccoli, green beans, a chopped veggie burger and spaghetti sauce. Just what the doctor blogger ordered.IMG 0043 800x600 thumb Rant, Run and Move On

Earlier I kinda ranted about my afternoon snack attack. I know I shouldn’t be, but I am a little too open and honest with my day to day BS on RER. I genuinely use this blog as my journal sometimes and that was one of them.

Despite my occasional venting or confessions, I don’t let anything stop me from living my life. I still go to conferences when I feel self conscious. I still wear bathing suits at the beach. I still live my life.

It’s just that sometimes I wear my heart on my sleeve this blog and share my trials and tribulations. Please know that I still live my happy lil’ Mexican life in California with a guy who loves me and dogs who think I’m perfect just as I am. I’m very lucky. I don’t dwell on the things I post. I just vent and move on. I guess that’s why I bounce back so fast – because you’re there to listen. Thank You wlEmoticon smile43 Rant, Run and Move On

PS – If you’re ever having a bad day – feel free to vent in the comments and I’ll listen to you too.

Comments

I’m guilty of snacking my way through meals too… #whyisgranolanadcerealsoaddictive?!! seriously… guilty of the same today myself.. oh, and add some peanut butter straight from the jar : P You. are. not. alone. in this.

2. Jessica says

Monica, I really enjoy following your blog! I totally relate to what you write and it really helps for me to read that someone struggles with the same things that I do. I actually live in Baltimore and wish I could have met you this weekend, but I was out of town!

Anyways, I was commenting for the first time because I found something that helps with the cereal cravings, but keeps the portions in control.

Hope it helps you or anyone else that reads!

3. car says

you’re not alone! i LOVE cereal and seriously have been contemplating going down to have a bowl (after dinner and ice cream) but then i thought to myself.. the only time i will ENJOY the cereal is during consumption.. then afterwards i will regret it (probably bc i will not stop at one bowl, lets be serious) so just taking time to really think through the process has helped. but i love your blog and honesty… oh and you’re funny as shit! xox

4. Ida says

I love your honesty! Ben might like crossfit- there is even crossfitfootball just for football players. there’s a website where the daily workouts are posted online…

Sometimes a nice little rant is just what the doctor ordered. :)

Seriously, we don’t mind listening — slip-ups make you human. And we all beat ourselves up over slip-ups sometimes. The key is just moving on, which you always do really well! Oddly enough, cereal and granola tend to be my “problem” foods as well — if I am going to binge on something, it’s going to be cereal. No cake, cookies, chips, fries, or pizza for me. Just cereal. I don’t know why, but I have gotten much better at having small tastes or just saying no to it when I am not hungry.

6. olivia says

agreed to all the comments before! I think sometimes it’s easy to think the people who write healthy living blogs eat perfectly and live perfect lives. Thanks for keeping it real Monica! love your work :)

Ranting is good for the soul. We’re here to listen, so please vent away.

Similar to your afternoon snackage, I went to town after dinner last night with cereal and other things. The whole time I was eating I kept saying to myself ‘Alison, STOP. You’re not hungry and you’re going to feel really bad about yourself in a few minutes.’ But I didn’t listen. And I felt really bad after.

Argh.

I totally didn’t think your rant was unjustified. Please girl, you said it, this is YOUR BLOG and your diary! You are totally aloud to have a little rant every now and then. It’s good for the soul and good for the blog because it shows people that you are real! :) Love that and love you!

I was so self conscious at Fitbloggin, especially on Friday AM. I’m still figuring out this maintaining weight “thing” and long to be in those smaller sizes in my closet. Getting to chat with you put me at ease on Friday night, so I thank you and Ben for allowing me to chat your ears off!

I’m going to my first running group meet-up thing today, eep! Hopefully running with other people will motivate me and not make me feel so, so ashamed. :P

As for the venting issue, helloooo! This is YOUR blog! You should be able to utilize it as a personal journal whenever you need to. We come here to learn about you as well as learn from you, so IMO you should never feel the need to apologize for, y’know, being who you are. Duh. :)

every time you post photos from the running group on the beach, I die a little inside of jealousy. I’m running Long Beach in October and CAN’T WAIT to finally see some Cali Coastline!

12. Kate says

I really related to your rant and feel l have been stuck in this same place for a while. The Einstein quote plays in my head constantly! I actually googled “stuck in a rut” and came across some helpful ideas. The one that hit me hardest, kind of like Einstein, was that nothing in the future will be improved if we don’t make changes in our present. I really don’t want to be in this same place in the fall when running some half marathons, in a year or 10 years! I want my life to be bigger than these last ten pounds! I like reading about your journey because it is filled with the reality of that struggle and the frustration, joy, humor and fun that go with it. By the way, I am really impressed with your speed lately! I know there is hope for improving my 10 minute mile!

13. Lindsay says

Vent alert: Last night consisted of salad, cheese and chicken quesadilla, bread, and tons of fries…followed by freakin Coldstone ice cream. Ahhh there I feel better. Thanks for letting us vent and I am always willing to listen to you vent too! I like that you use your blog as your journal. It makes it real. Now time for us to bounce back, and get on our (rockin) game!

I love your blog because of your rants and brutal honesty. Where else are you supposed to get the frustrations out? Plus, I agree, ranting makes “moving on” that much faster! We’re all human anyway :)

Love your blog and absolutely love how real and honest you are with your readers. You don’t need to be perfect. In intuitive eating they say, “progress not perfection” right? I remember reading the book about four years ago and it changed my life. I think it is too easy for us runners to eat half a box of cereal without realizing it sometimes…we have fast metabolisms and have a huge demand for fuel. Keep going and working at it…we’re all in this together :)

Everyone has those days and its so nice to relate to people who are living their life and be honest about it along the way! You are awesomely inspirational.

I love that you vent here! It makes you seem so real. I have days or just parts of days just like the one you just described and it’s comforting to know I’m not the only one. Thanks for being so couragious to share your thoughts (good and bad) with your readers.

Thanks for keeping it real Monica. I have really been enjoying your california healthy living approach to life with all the added real life issues we all have. I miss cali. I grew up in LA and now live in New Zealand.
    I definitely feel you on this one..I am sitting here regretting and feeling so horrible about a bit of a snack attack incident last night, which includes a slice of garlic bread, 2 bowls of cereal and a chocolate bar. The guilt has taken over my day and I feel like I cant move forward but I know its best if I just let it go…Did I mentioned this was the result of an alcohol induced night…even worse.

19. Christine says

No need to apologize girl! I have come to learn that I am a very sensitive person so I never know when something may suddenly get me down. Journaling for me has made a worlds of a difference in “bouncing back” from a rough day.