Welcome to Run Eat Repeat. I am Monica and I am using running and healthy eating to lose weight and stop dieting! Subscribe to my RSS feed or Email Me for healthy tips.
What I Learned From My Best Friend
by runeatrepeat on June 8, 2011
Lunch! I wanted eggs and a salad for lunch so I decided to make an egg salad, just not the “usual” kind. I made an egg patty and put it on top of a big ol’ bed of lettuce, onions and tomatoes. Lot’s of hummus, hot sauce and almonds rounded out the meal.
Now I’m munching on open faced PB&J. Yes, both sides are open. I don’t do singles.
It’s my best friend, Cindy’s birthday today! She and I have known each other since 1st grade. The day she met me she went home and told her mom, “There is a girl in my class with orange hair. And orange these and these” (pointing to her eyebrows and eyelashes).
Luckily, my alibino-like appearance didn’t deter her from being my friend.
We really have nothing in common, but we’re soul mates at the same time.
Here are a few things my best friend taught me…
1. How to pluck chola eyebrows…
Hey, this was important stuff at the time!
2. If some stranger gives you a really random nickname, just smile and take a picture with him. (You don’t want to know why I still call her Kibbles.)
3. Where babies come from. (She was 16 and pregnant before it was cool a show.)
I’m holding her baby Jay here as we get her ready for prom.
4. You should take an entourage to prom. (She ended up at a different high school than me and snuck into my prom. Then, we after-partied.)
5. Despite everything, sometimes you just gotta smile. (Even when you didn’t realize someone wrote “boob-less crew” on your sandcastle.)
5. We may go separate paths, but we’ll always be there for each other
6. God has a plan for us, even though we may not see it at the time.
7. Cry over big things, not boy things.
8. You can be small, but have a really really big heart.