*Note: Lunch with My Ladies

I know I’m unapologetically biased, but the weather in SoCal has been AMAZING lately. Upper 70s/80s – cool mornings and perfect summer nights wlEmoticon smile40 *Note: Lunch with My Ladiesimage thumb29 *Note: Lunch with My Ladies

*Note: Every time I check the weather here I also check it for the area my in-laws live in Florida since they’re always trying to get us to move out there. Um, yeah.image thumb30 *Note: Lunch with My Ladies

Today I got out of the gym and  met up with my favorite SoCal ladies (minus SR) for lunch at the Irvine Spectrum.IMG 6459 800x533 thumb *Note: Lunch with My Ladies

We went to Veggie Grill where I got the Chop Chef Salad with extra tempeh (hold the fake beef). I LOVE tempeh even more than I love tofu and fake chik’n but never make it at home!IMG 6463 800x533 thumb *Note: Lunch with My Ladies

My lunch companions included Janae from Hungry Runner Girl, Sarah from Once Upon a Lime, Pam and her two cute kids (Pam’s blog is coming soon)! IMG 6467 800x533 thumb *Note: Lunch with My Ladies*Note: I’m taking one for the team here because the pic I look decent in has Sarah blinking. Does that get me into Heaven? (Cause that’s all I’m shooting for in life.)

Pam is super awesome and brought me her book to borrow – Kara Goucher’s Running for Women. IMG 6460 533x800 thumb *Note: Lunch with My Ladies*Note: In some circles my passionate affection for Kara would definitely NOT get me into Heaven if ya get my drift wlEmoticon winkingsmile20 *Note: Lunch with My Ladies Luckily, I don’t think they’re at the pearly gates so I’m good.

Now I’m blogging from Coffee Bean while slurping ice coffee because my 2:30pm appointment canceled. I think this is going to become a regular occurrence because my back and forth schedule is making emails and blog maintenance really pile up!IMG 6485 800x600 thumb *Note: Lunch with My Ladies

*Note: That’s a cookie sample on top of my coffee. It’s taking all my effort not to buy a whole one now!

Comments

Oh with my squinty face you can’t hardly tell, anyhow – that was very kind of you, although I don’t understand what is not decent about this one of you? The only indecency is me missing the “wear pink” memo…

Funny because you look beautiful in that picture:) I think I will make it into heaven and I have the same feelings towards Kara as you….I think we will be okay! I think we should have a book club once you finish the book. That client should have canceled earlier so that you could have eaten ice cream with me:) LOVE YOU!!! Can’t wait for our run!

I think I have a shopping date with my sister at the Irvine Spectrum this weekend! I’ll have to check out this Veggie Grill. That salad looks pretty tasty.

Also, California > Florida. Just saying…

I think you stole our weather…we have been suffering through 100+ temps her for over a week…today was a break with temps only reaching 92…Holy Hot Momma..it’s Hot!!!

I am so jealous of your weather and you’re outing… i just sat in my office all day.. gray walls, gray carpet, gray desks… ug. Then I get out 20 mins early and it’s a bazillion degrees! Really interested on your take on the book. Trying to decide if I should buy it.

I have a soft spot for Kara too. I read the book and was a little disappointed. It’s fantastic for people starting off, and does have some good tips, but it wasn’t really anything different than what I’ve gotten from Runner’s World. Buuuuuut, criticism aside, it’s Kara. And it’s a quick read. And it’s Kara :)

I think it’s kinda funny that you (appear) to still have your arm band on in the photo. I think that’s a sign of a true runner, always in gear, always ready to run. Unless that’s not a running arm band and it’s like a band for keeping your arm attached or some other crazy medical reason– in which case, simply ignore this comment and ban me from reading the blog. :-)

8. Pam says

Hope you enjoy the book! :)

I loved the quinoa in my salad today. First time I tried it and it was really good!

We’ll do it again sometime soon! :)

Have a good evening!!