Never Have I Ever

After my morning shift I stopped by the Farmer’s Market for some more of those green plums I got last week. Unfortunately they didn’t have any. But they did have tiny pears!IMG 8428 800x600 thumb Never Have I Ever

And tiny French Plums!IMG 8429 600x800 thumb Never Have I Ever

What’s up with the tiny theme?! IMG 8430 600x800 thumb Never Have I Ever

You know I like my fruit BIG!IMG 0289 800x600 thumb Never Have I Ever

My one egged breakfast didn’t cut it so I ate all my tiny plums right away.IMG 8431 800x600 thumb Never Have I Ever

Lunch was the usual.  I’m a creature of habit.

IMG 8434 800x600 thumb Never Have I Ever

natalie dee the doctor thumb Never Have I Ever(nataliedee.com)

Then, I went to the doctor. I am dying.

But, aren’t we all?

Okay, I went back for the foot herp. I’ll be back again in 1 week. Aaaand I got the results for my thyroid test. My T-3 level is low. My doctor gave me a prescription and I’m going to do some research. She also said if not for my running I’d probably be really depressed. Ain’t that the truth.image thumb2 Never Have I Ever

I had some time to kill so I went to Costco for a H2O melon and dog food. Oh, and samples!IMG 8438 800x600 thumb Never Have I Ever

Then, I headed to my mom’s to see my favorite people and animals wlEmoticon smile Never Have I Ever IMG 8439 800x600 thumb Never Have I Ever

IMG 8446 600x800 thumb Never Have I Ever

Me and my little brother, Matt.IMG 8449 800x600 thumb Never Have I Ever

I made a smoothie as a vehicle to eat all my mom’s cereal collection.IMG 8450 800x600 thumb Never Have I Ever

It’s Friday, so let’s play the Never Have I Ever game wlEmoticon smile Never Have I Ever

Take a shot or sip of wine/smoothie/electrolyte enhanced beverage if you HAVE done any of the following…IMG 6731 800x600 thumb Never Have I Ever

Never have I ever…

kissed a watermelon (I hafta drink)

got the foot herp (damn, I’m already losing)

mowed a lawn (nope!)

met my grandpa (nope)

fought in a “chicken fight”

ate a whole pizza (oddly, one of my lifetime goals)

did a keg stand (I don’t like beer, or people picking me up)

What did you drink on?

Comments

1. Pam says

oh those pears and plums are sooo cute!! :)

I can never pass up costco samples either but, they usually just make me crave more! That’s where my kids come in handy because when I know there’s samples they dislike and I LIKE I say it’s for them but, it’s for ME! :) Winning…!!!

Have a great long weekend! :)

oooo i have to drink a lot…haven’t met my grandpa, ate a whole pizza, did a keg stand (few times in my life)..

btw, i am OBSESSED with watermelon right now..why did i not discover how good it was before?? i love it! makes me think of u every time i buy one haha

Haha what a fun post! I had to *drink* on the kissing watermelon, chicken fight, meeting my grandpa, and doing a keg stand. Three out of the four of those happened in college. Oh, college…

4. Shannonrenee says

Hi Monica,
    I once asked you if you were aware of any bloggers with hypothyroidism and you weren’t… looks like you were it all along :| it’s really not that bad at all, although I am still trying to understand what foods help me or harm me at least I have a legitimate excuse for being 10 pounds over weight. So, uhhhh… welcome to the club…? lol.

• Shannonrenee says

This month last year I found out my thyroid function was very low, I’m really not sure how low, but I was put on synthroid and now I’m in the “normal range”. I believe that your t-3 level are effected by thyroid function but are not a direct measurement. The thyroid gland regulates mood and metabolism, but… ugh, there’s still a lot I don’t know, mostly because there’s such a jumble of information. My doctors always downplay it, but I walked into a vitamin store once and was bombarded with all this information about government regulation of iodine consumption is causing thyroid issues in the majority of the population. I’ve also looked up foods to eat and avoid eating and none really seem to hurt me more than any others. One I love is virgin organic coconut oil, it is absolutely amazing for you and it’s supposed to improve thyroid function… it literally cures everything! Anyway, every morning on an empty stomach you take synthroid or levothyroxide (generic) and it replaces what the tyroid glad is suppose to produce. Oh one more bit of info. if your thyroid is screwed up its hard to conceive. Please feel free to email me if you want any more insight or to compare notes!

5. Amanda says

It’s actually easier to control when you have an under-active thyroid. My mom had an overactive one & the doctors had to make it under-active (by taking radioactive iodine) to be able to treat her. You probably want to go to an endocrinologist too, to get a second opinion & make sure you are on the right meds, etc. You really have to be monitored on the meds they are giving you & make sure you are on the right dose, etc. My sister is under-active and struggled with doses/meds. It also took her longer to get pregnant because she had to make sure her levels were perfect before she tried.

Hmm does eating an entire personal pizza count? Because I have done that more times than I could possibly remember, lol. I have also met my grandpa. That’s it!

Bummer about the thyroid. I just got diagnosed with hypothyroid myself two months ago. I’m on synthroid and it has definitely helped in some aspects. But others, not so much. I guess I can’t blame everything on it! ;)

Thyroid issues def need testing and dr involvement so they don’t cause other issues down the line. I have a hypothyroid that I take med daily for and ultimately may be in part of my issues with gluten. I have to have my thyroid tested at least once a year, but I may switch to every six months to stay in front of any changes. Good luck with your treatment!

I have Graves which is a form of hyperthyroidism. My doctor put me on medication for about a year but my levels never evened up so I had to have my thyroid irradiated. Now I take medication every day but am pretty much fine. I still see an endo regularly and have to take a lot of blood tests.

From someone who has gone down this path, make sure to read as much as you can, get copies of all your blood work, and be your own advocate. If you have any questions, you can shoot me an email. I know it can be scary to not know what is going on with your own body.

Hm, so they said you get chilled because of an off balance of your T-3 levels? I’ve had so many blood tests in the past few years [becuase I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and iron-deficiency anemia] but I’ve never heard of that test… I should ask my doctor! Thanks for sharing!

Do you remember the time we had a pizza eating contest at Shakey’s during an honor roll celebration? I think I ate like 10 slices that day. I still crave those mojos!

Hey, Lady!
    I’m late to the party, but if you ever want to chat about thyroid problems and running, I’d love to hear your story!
    I’m a marathoner with no thyroid at all! :)