The Perfect Grape

I had a busy afternoon so I made a stick-with-me-smoothie (that’s the official name). I mixed in some Amazing Grass with it hoping it will help my dyingitis. Topped with cereal and a vitatop. It did stick with me!IMG 0166 800x600 thumb The Perfect Grape

I stopped on the way home for seltzer and grapes. I had a craving. But, I am a grape killer! I eat a grape hoping it’s the perfect one. You know, the big crunchy one that’s still juicy and sweet?

Then, I find it! Chomp!

But, what if there is another perfect grape?! I must find it.

Suddenly, all the grapes are gone. Hate that.IMG 0170 800x600 thumb The Perfect Grape

Okay, I ate leftover disaster chicken pot pie for dinner and am now sipping hot cocoa while reading Runner’s World. My latest issue just arrived and I’ve seen it in stores for a while. What’s up with that?IMG 0168 600x800 thumb The Perfect Grape

I’m still sick. Not even feeling better. Send help.out of the play The Perfect Grape(nataliedee.com)

PS – Anyone else search for the perfect grape?

I also do that with the perfect scoop of frozen yogurt wlEmoticon winkingsmile2 The Perfect Grape

PPS - Reader Amy is raising money for Team In Training to run her first half marathon. If you want to donate money to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society please check out her page to help her out.

pin it button The Perfect Grape

Comments

Those grapes look so good! They’re my favorite fruit ever (could eat 5 lbs at once) and I can’t eat them because my husband is allergic and if I eat them and kiss him, he gets a bad reaction. So weird, but I’m not going to risk killing him! I kinda like the dude.

You’d appreciate this: I do it with the perfect piece of watermelon. Whenever we have watermelon wedges in the fridge, I always try to find the one with the perfect amount of sweetness, crispness, and not too mushy. And if I don’t find it on the first try? Well, I just try again! Never too much watermelon.

3. Amy @Amy Starts to Run says

I generally enjoy the perfect last bite of any meal.

Also, now I’m craving grapes. Thanks a lot.

Feel better!

4. Amanda says

Yeah I do that too, that’s why I prefer green grapes. It seems like there are more crunchy grapes when they are green…

I noticed that as well: everybody gets their runners world before I do… well: especially now because I forgot to renew and finally mailed it : / fail.

Grapes are so freaking good right now. I wait ALL year for the HUGE seedless grapes. I’m sure they are doing something wrong to get them that big but I don’t care. I love the big plum crisp ones and they only seem to come out in the fall/winter.

I always like the to pick out the bigger grapes, and leave the little ones behind ; )

Did you know they have a banana chocolate chip vita top now? It looks so good!

Yeah, I saw the banana choc vitatop. But, I’ve realized that even though they’re cheaper online the shipping makes them a lot more expensive than getting a pack from Target.

haha I can totally relate… I try to find the perfect part, piece, scoop, bite of ANYTHING I am eating until it’s all gone haha I totally eat my meals like that. Too funny.

I subscribed to Runner’s world 4 or 5 months ago and I have found it to be a bit sporadic… though I DID get that November issue right on October first. I think that sounds about right. I am really loving getting it! Not only because I like getting things in the mail but it reads great and is really useful! Did you see that ‘long run chocolate cake’ recipe in the last issue?? I really want to make that! It looks delicious :)

8. Samantha says

So, I know that this doesn’t really pertain to this blog post, but I know that you are a personal trainer. How did you go about getting certified and what course did you take? It just sounds like a great idea… :)

Thanks for all of your inspiration!

9. Pam says

“GET BETTER MONICA!!” :) “THAT’S AN ORDER!” :)

I thought the same thing when I received my RW issue yesterday!

I don’t actively search for the perfect grape, but when I find it its a little slice of heaven. There is nothing better than a perfect piece of fruit.

I find putting grapes in the freezer for about 20 minutes makes finding the perfect grape so much easier. Doesn’t make you eat any less, but they are soo good that way. Not actually frozen, just super cold and crunchy.

And I couldn’t stop laughing at the grape cartoon. lol!!

12. Brittany M. says

Ummmmm I’ve seen both you and SR post about the latest RW mag- and I still haven’t gotten mine yet! Sad face. They’re dropping the ball, hard.

This happens to me too – getting my subscribed magazines in the mail way after they hit the newstands. Annoying. I see it on the newstand and want to buy it, and then remember that I’ve subscribed, and then I have to wait for it. Gar!