It’s almost time for the annual Pile on the Miles Challenge!!!(image source)
This challenge started in 2009 courtesy of bloggers Bobbi (In Her Shoes) and Caitlin (Healthy Tipping Point). This year I’ll be organizing it, but you can also contact Bobbi with questions since she’s down to pitch in
Last year over 200 people participated and I’d love for even more of you to participate this year! It is open to everyone – you do not need to blog or run to join.
The Goal of the “Pile on the Miles” Challenge is to encourage us to pile on miles instead of pounds in November. We’ll do this by having everyone keep track of the number of miles they walk OR run each week. If you do at least 5 miles each week you’ll be entered in a drawing every Friday of the challenge. I will announce the winners every Friday by 3pm PST.
(There may be more prizes added as I’m still speaking with sponsors!)
To Enter: Send me an email with your first and last name AND email address to runeatrepeat @ gmail dot com. I will add you to the spreadsheet and you will be in charge of updating it each week with your mileage.
1. Contest runs from November 1st to November 24th (Thanksgiving). You keep track of how many miles you run or walk.
2. Update the spreadsheet with your mileage by Friday 8am PST each of the following days: Nov. 4th, Nov. 11th, Nov. 18th and Nov. 25th. Be honest, karma’s a B.
3. To qualify for the weekly prize you must walk or run 5 miles for that week. If you do not do 5 miles a certain week you can try again the following week, you are not disqualified.
4. This is open to everyone – readers, bloggers, dogs, aliens. It doesn’t matter where you live, but the prizes are set so if you don’t have a Subway where you live you might want to donate it to another participant.
5. The miles are based on walking, running or wheel-chairing only.
**There is NO Grand Prize Winner for the most miles this year. I don’t want this to be about a competition with each other. Set your own mileage goal for the challenge, but you don’t have to worry about what others are doing. Do YOUR OWN BEST.
Email me if you want to participate (name and email) to runeatrepeat at gmail. I will add you to the list and give you access to the spreadsheet by Nov. 1st. Please email me by October 30th. **Make sure it is “runeatrepeat” because someone else has been getting some of the emails!
Let me know if you have any questions! Are you in??