RER Interview

This morning I met local journalism student/RER reader Ryah, at Starbucks. She wanted to interview me for her features writing class. I sipped an iced coffee while pretending to be interesting for her paper.IMG 0943 800x600 thumb RER Interview

I think it went okay and I didn’t say the “B” word too many times so we’ll see if she gets an “A”. Nice to meet you Ryah!IMG 0944 800x600 thumb RER Interview

I randomly peeked into the Ralphs next door because I forgot bread on my shopping list this week. I always start with the “day old” bread section to see if there are any deals.

Um, I hit the jackpot today!IMG 0948 600x800 thumb RER Interview

Since I was feeling lucky I also checked the frozen section and was beyond excited to see my favorite super expensive Quorn products for $2.00 a bag.IMG 0949 800x600 thumb RER Interview

EVERYTHING I bought was on Manager’s Special.IMG 0945 800x600 thumb RER Interview

IMG 0947 800x600 thumb RER Interview

Those Tandoor frozen meals were only a dollar! The other items were priced from $1.50 to $2.50 too!!IMG 0950 600x800 thumb RER Interview

I made one more pit stop for a few travel essentials from Target. This time we will NOT forget the bug spray! Remember what happened last time?!IMG 9192 thumb RER Interview

I saw these Pumpkin Spice Almonds, but didn’t get them. I’m more of a cashews girl. Anyone try them and think I should give ‘em a whirl?IMG 0952 600x800 thumb RER Interview

When I got back home I made a Meatball Salad with the veggie meat balls, lettuce, onions, cashews and peanut sauce. Odd, but delicious combination.IMG 0956 800x600 thumb RER Interview

And a small bag of kettle popcorn. I cannot get enough of this stuff lately!IMG 0957 800x600 thumb RER Interview

Okay, I have a pile of things I’ve been procrastinating! I’ll see ya later wlEmoticon smile21 RER Interview

Comments

Nice deals at Ralphs. I miss shopping there! I am dying to try those Western Bagels but they dont sell them in SC. :(
    Have you tried the Alexia sweet potato puffs aka sweet potato tator tots? I love those.
    Btw, those Pumpkin almonds are yummmmmy! matter of fact they would go really good on your pumpkin yogurt :D man now i need to go get some sf b-scotch pudding and greek yogurt to make some. i have like 50 cans of pumpkin in my house. cos i have to have pumpkin in my oatmeal.

2. Ida says

You are a super shopper! I bought those pumpkin almonds and was underwhelmed. They taste like cinnamon- sugar, which is good. But I was expecting more of a seasonal flavor.

I’m trying to figure out how I never realized you lived in Orange County! I’ve been.reading for a while now…I live there too, Irvine :) just thought I’d stop being a creeper and say hi!

I’m in a feature writing class this semester, too! Man, that’s awesome that she was able to interview you…and very cool of you to take time to meet up with her!

Also, do all supermarkets have Manager’s Special deals like that? I’ve never even heard of that until I started reading your blog, and it looks like you score some seriously good prices!

5. Tracey says

I love, love, love those Western Alternative Bagels – my freezer is stocked with the Roasted Onion, Sweet Wheat and Cinnamon Spice! So glad you got such great deals

6. Kayla says

The pumpkin spice almonds are fantastic! They are very sweet, but great in yogurt and cereal, I definitely recommend them!

I never get lucky with sales when I go shopping for food. I’m always torn about buying something when I look at the price. I need to try a veggie meatball sald – that’s a good substitute for meat!

I prefer almonds, but cashews are what I eat since almonds decided to stop agreeing with my stomach. Apparently my stomach is a B that is hard to get along with. Because there are too many foods that seem to say “uh, no thanks Amber.”

I wish that any stores near me did manager’s specials like that. Then again, maybe I don’t. Because I have a Grocery Outlet near me that has special deals on stuff and after buying it sometimes, I realize WHY they are on sale ;)

9. Nicole says

I love those “Perfect 10 Bagels” ….I will only get them when they are on the Manager’s Sale rack. They’re tasty and high in protein….only problem is that they make you….well…..jet propelled! ;)