Carb Loading in Las Vegas

Sorry RER was MIA earlier, I guess when I’m in Vegas my blog thinks it can get drunk too!

This morning I headed to the hotel gym for a strength session, but got a text from Meghann as soon as I got there to meet for brunch. Sold to the lady with the food! I turned around and went to get ready.

IMG 2994 600x800 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

We went to a cute little café at the Signature in the MGM. The Signature area of the hotel is super nice!IMG 2749 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

I got a veggie omelet with toast. IMG 2752 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

On the way to brunch reader Samantha spotted me and introduced herself. If you ever see me dead on the side of the road please stop and say Hi so Ben thinks I might actually have a friend wlEmoticon winkingsmile2 Carb Loading in Las Vegas! IMG 2745 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

My breakfast buddies were Anne, Meghann and StephanieIMG 2757 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

We aren’t models, we are runners so it takes a long time to get a good shot… IMG 2756 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

Stephanie’s blog is called Run for Fun and she gave me this awesome head band!!! IMG 2755 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

I love it because tonight’s run really is for fun and I need to remind myself to enjoy it (instead of spend all day dreading it!). IMG 2762 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

After breakfast I headed to Ross for a long sleeve shirt. I did not plan for Las Vegas to be so cold and I didn’t bring anything warm to run in! It’s supposed to be in the 40s at the start and will only get colder as we go. image thumb3 Carb Loading in Las Vegas

I found something that I hope will work and headed back to our hotel.IMG 2769 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

On the way there I made a very necessary carb loading stop for a salty pretzel! IMG 2776 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

Salty carbs is my pre-race meal of choice. IMG 2778 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

I also picked up a salad that took 45 minutes to get!!! It was kinda ridic. I wasn’t sure what else to eat so I got a salad to fill me up. Hopefully it won’t upset my stomach.IMG 2781 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

I also stole some of Ben’s Chinese food.IMG 2782 800x533 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

All I know is… IMG 2774 533x800 thumb Carb Loading in Las Vegas

Okay, I have to get ready for the half marathon! I don’t think I’ve ever run in the afternoon, so this will be interesting. My stomach has been weird all weekend (actually it’s been weird since I got sick post-Panama on and off!). I’m hoping carb loading and TON of water will be enough to get me to the finish!!!

Comments

1. michelle says

Question, does your blog automatically link to a seperate page everytime you mention Ben or work? It linked to your new job info today when you mentioned buying a long sleeved shirt you hoped will work for your race tonight. Just making sure I’m not missing some inside scoop us non-bloggers are unaware of. :)

Good luck tonight! I’m sure you will do great!!

Racing at night sounds incredible, but I don’t know how my stomach would handle it. I ran a Santa-themed race yesterday and it was at 3pm, and that was weird enough, given that most races I’ve done are before 10am! Have a killer time, you’ll do great, I just know it!

The only races I’ve ever seen are either way too stinking early in the morning, or they start at like midnight for a “fun” night race. I’d love a race that I could attend and keep my normal sleeping schedule! Hope you have fun :)

Looks like tons of fun hanging in Vegas with all the other runners/bloggers. Hope your tummy was OK for the race. Can’t wait to hear how it went.

Come by my blog today for a fabulous edition of {Motivate Me Monday}. You just may know her…she too ran the Vegas marathon last night, her story is inspiring as ever!!

5. Andrea Christensen says

You’re beautiful! I have red hair too and you’ve reminded me that I need to wear more green. Though, one time someone told me the red-orange + green combo made me look like a carrot? Too bad: I like carrots!

Love your blog.

Need that magnet…story of my life. Also… drinking when flying. For some reason I think it’s the greatest thing that someone else is at the helm and doing the navigation and I take it upon myself and sit back, relax, and get lush.

7. Samantha says

It was really cool to see you and Ben at the MGM! I have read your blog on a daily basis for over a year and knew you’d be at the race, but with 44,000 people, I never expected to run into you! The race was a lot of fun, but I struggled with all the walkers in my corral (23) And I was frustrated with my time because of it (my ipod nike app even said i ran just under 14.5 miles because i was dodging so many people… I ALS registered with a lower goal time than I was shooting for last night, but it was hard to know back in May and the corral change line was forever long at the expo!).

We also had a lot of troubles with having enough water stations or people prepared when we got there… Did you have any of these troubles? Regardless, it was a blast to run the strip at night and have all the distractions! But I think I’ll try to find more races in the future that are smaller or more adequately prepared to handle the crowd. Great again to see you and Ben as ‘real people’ not just on the blog! Have a great day!

8. Denise says

I saw you guys at the expo! But I thought it’d be kind of weird to introduce myself in the bathroom… I walked out and saw Ben and think I might have randomly said “There’s Ben” out loud. I got a little overexcited when I saw all you awesome running bloggers this weekend. (One of the few brightspots in my rough weekend there… food poisioning and a bad race performance.)