So Many Fails and Fro-Yo

Fail #1. I was supposed to attend a very cool blogger dinner in Los Angeles at 7pm last night. I live about 50 miles south of L.A. – it’s not that far but the traffic is ridiculous. So, I gave myself almost 2 hours to get there and was still way too far to make it at 6:55pm. I realized I had to accept defeat and bow out of the dinner. I feel like ish about it, but I can’t control traffic so it is what it is.

After driving for 3 hours I needed a drink treat. I made a pit stop at Yogurtland on the way home. IMG 4425 533x800 thumb So Many Fails and Fro Yo

I  brought one for Ben too because I’m nice didn’t want him to eat any of mine.IMG 4433 800x533 thumb So Many Fails and Fro Yo

This morning Ben and I woke up early again and decided to take a walk together. We both weighed ourselves this morning and the scale is up wlEmoticon sadsmile2 So Many Fails and Fro Yo

Fail #2. I’m up about three pounds from before Christmas and about 8 from July – ouch. Like I said before, I’m going to track calories for a while to get back on the wagon.

Fail #3. After our walk the sun was up and I was about to go for a run. Then, I glanced at my computer and realized I have a half marathon scheduled for tomorrow not Sunday like I thought. Since I was dressed up and ready to go I cut it to 2 miles and will maybe do some strength later.

Breakfast was an egg scramble with PB&J toast. IMG 4440 800x533 thumb So Many Fails and Fro Yo

Fail #4. I love Laughing Cow wedges for my eggs and use them almost every time. Yesterday I picked up a new flavor – Mozzarella Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil. I don’t like it at all wlEmoticon sadsmile2 So Many Fails and Fro Yo it reminds me of clay. IMG 4444 800x533 thumb So Many Fails and Fro Yo

Question: What are you doing this weekend?

Apparently I have a half mary tomorrow!

pin it button So Many Fails and Fro Yo

Comments

lol I do that too when I’m buying myself something good I’ll just get 2. Plus the guilt is to much to bear if I were to just buy myself one.

Good luck tomorrow!!! Are there any cool well wishing phrases to say to a runner like the whole “Break a leg” thing??

I am sitting tight on the food/drinking/overindulgence wagon this weekend. Get in a few runs and undo all the holiday damage. Have a good half!

Every time I read your blog I crave Frozen yogurt. Coincidence? I think not :)

I am sure almost eevryone’s scale is up a bit since Christmas, at least you enjoyed the holidays!

I have to take a rest weekend. My back is bothering me. Apparently I’ll be reading a lot of “Little Women” because my goal was to finish it by this weekend, and I still have 1/3 to go.

After you finish the book you should see the movie with Susan Sarandon, Claire Danes, Winona Ryder, and Christian Bale. I LOVE that movie and I am usually disappointed in movies after reading the book but that one is a winner. Heartwarming!!!

I haven’t seen it, but I was planning on getting the movie on netflix next week (sorry husband). I’ll look for that version. I haven’t seen that Friends either. Looks like I have alot of tv/movie watching to do!

Yikes, I usually don’t attempt a drive from LA or Orange County on weekdays. It’s bad enough just commuting the 5 miles from work to home. (By the way, you might want to correct that you live 50 miles north of LA to South.)

Hope the half goes well.

6. Pam says

if I didn’t come to your blog I would’ve missed the race! had it on calendar for SUNDAY!! oops!! So muchas gracias chica!!

See you tomorrow a.m.!! :) Have an awesome FRIDAY! btw you have very pretty hair! :)

I’m running the Disney Half Marathon tomorrow! First half marathon not running with a friend, so any tips on solo running and how to motivate myself/pass the time would be appreciated. I don’t think I’ve done more than 8 miles or so alone.

8. Denise says

My weekend will be filled with a long run (for Tink!), some major sleeping – it’s been a rough week, and packing because we got on offer on our now worth half-of-what-we-paid-for-it condo!

I wanted to do the Kaiser Half so bad last year but was sidelined with knee pain. This year, it wasn’t as much of a priority to run for me. Maybe I’ll check it out one of these years.

Happy running!

sorry about all the ‘fails.’ ive had plenty this week too! im so tired from such an annoying week that im hoping to do a whole lotta nothing this weekend. although i am supposed to run quite a bit for race training…and i really dont want to!

I think after all those “fails” you’re gonna have some good luck. I feel a new PR coming on tomorrow.

Also…3lbs is not bad considering what goes on at Christmas time. Chances are it’s not all real weight and you are a bit bloated from eating more (in my case EVEN more) carbs than normal? I think if I didn’t yo yo diet so much I’d put on about 5 lbs in the winter anyways. Its cold. :)

11. Katie P says

I am totally in the same boat. I’ve packed on 8lbs of winter/holiday weight. And now it’s time to get focused and unpack the pounds! Just gotta keep telling myself that I can do it, and not beat myself up for getting in the position in the first place!
    Hope the 1/2 is stellar!