Back to the Future Vest

Good Tuesday to you! It was cold yesterday so I bundled up for boot camp this morning (we workout on a school black top). But, I may have been a little too layered because my campers thought I looked funny wlEmoticon smile16 Back to the Future Vest I get that a lot.

IMG 4830 600x800 thumb Back to the Future Vest

Ben said I look like the guy from Back to the Future.

IMG 4832 600x800 thumb Back to the Future Vest

See the resemblance?

back to the future thumb Back to the Future Vest

(image source)

After camp I came home for breakfast. I’m still frustrated that I need to eat before running, but then don’t have a good run (eating before camp is not an option as I refuse to wake up one second earlier). I had oatmeal topped with cereal (read: carbs).IMG 4826 800x600 thumb Back to the Future Vest

Then, I did a weird run = 1m warm up, 2 800s, walked, jogged. I was going to do a tempo run, but I’m over the rolling hills around here. I am going to look for a track today. Seriously, I can’t do it here.

Post run – yogurt for protein, cereal and watermelon for happiness.IMG 4837 800x600 thumb Back to the Future Vest

For some reason our water is off and I need a shower. Fantastic. Plus I need to take my car in – anyone out there a mechanic in Orange County??

Question: Will you be my vest friend?

Comments

I love vests! I wear one to the gym every morning. I’m pretty sure I get the most ridiculous stares as I want the streets of Philly looking like Marty McFly. Maybe if I drove my Delorean to the gym, I wouldn’t get those weird looks ;)

Haha. I’ll be your vest friend. I wore mine, complete with a pom pom hat and bright purple neck warmer to run on the bike path last Saturday. I got out of the car and my husband started laughing and told me I looked like a cartoon character. I’m hoping that was a complement. It was below 20*, I wasn’t trying to look cute!

Recently our water pipes froze (yes, it got THAT cold), and it was miserable. You never notice how much you use water until you don’t have it. Not having to wash dishes was nice, though, I have to say.

4. Laura says

i feel your pain with hills destroying your tempo runs. honestly though, i try hard NOT to focus on the speed and more so the effort i’m putting forth. it helps me a bit but they can really play a toll on you mentally in the middle of it!

5. Erin says

I I really love puffy vests and that one is amazing. I want it. My bf always jokes that the uniform for east coasters who move to LA is jeans, a puffy vest and flip flops :) Not a bad outfit for winter wear, if you ask me.

Have you ever thought about eating on the way to bootcamp? Or would that be too close to working out? I used to take a 5:30am aerobics class and would eat a handful of Frosted Mini Wheats on the way. Helped stave off the hunger and lack of energy.

It’s quite cold here in San Francisco and I wish I had a vest like yours to wear. Plus, back to the future is a pretty awesome movie, so I would take Ben’s comment as a compliment!

You look toasty warm, that’s all that matters once the temps drop.
    Thanks for the heads up on the PB cheerios, I have got to find them. I love Reese’s puffs with a banana but I know those are horrible for you. Hopefully the cheerios will be just the thing to break the habit. I mean replace the habit. ;-)

I have a similar vest in brown/pink.

What if you brought something like a half PB sandwich with you (as in a slice of bread with some pb smeared on it) and either at it on the way to camp or right after while you drive home/wherever you plan to run, so that way you have some food in you and can just go right after camp? Would something like that work?