5 Quirky Facts About Me

Happy Friday! I started my day with half a banana and 3 miles. I felt fast today! I don’t know what it is, but I just busted it out and came home feeling like I could do another 3 fast too. I wish today was my long run day because fast feet don’t happen very often to me!IMG 4946 800x533 thumb 5 Quirky Facts About Me

After the run I ate the rest of the banana with some almond butter. Usually I share my bananas with Ben, but this one was really delicious. Is that weird?

IMG 4941 533x800 thumb 5 Quirky Facts About Me

Then, I made a big protein pancake for breakfast. I used the chickpea flour pancake recipe. You can see the chia seeds poking through…IMG 4951 800x533 thumb 5 Quirky Facts About Me

We don’t have any coffee from yesterday left so I had to wait until this coffee was luke warm before pouring it over ice. Just like I like it wlEmoticon winkingsmile5 5 Quirky Facts About MeIMG 4957 533x800 thumb 5 Quirky Facts About Me

It’s the last round of 6 weeks of Bliss Challenge and this week bloggers were invited to share 5 quirky facts about themselves that might surprise their readers. I obviously disclose way too much on a day to day basis because I am having a hard time coming up with these, but here they are.

5 Quirky Facts about this Monican…

1. I have the worst long term memory and feel like everyone else remembers more about their childhood than I do.

2. I can’t stand saliva, it grosses me out so so much. It’s probably because my brother used to lick my water bottle to taunt me. Oddly enough I’m okay with other bodily fluids.

3. I have one tattoo on my left hip. I got it when I was 19 and I went by myself because I knew I could be tougher alone than if I had someone’s hand to hold.

4. I’ve never been hit on. Seriously. Ben thinks it’s because I’m oblivious, I think it’s because I wear so much make up it scared the boys away. Oh well, someone’s got to keep MAC in business.

5. Getting out of the shower is my least favorite part of everyday wlEmoticon smile20 5 Quirky Facts About Me

Question: Share a quirky fact about yourself!

pin it button 5 Quirky Facts About Me

Comments

I also have terrible (seriously, it’s bad) long term memory and can barely remember high school let alone my childhood. Don’t worry, you are not the only one!

One quirky fact about me: I still sleep with my baby blanket every night. it’s been over 25 years and that thing still hasn’t fallen apart!

• Katy A says

I still sleep with the blanket I was born with!! I thought I was the only weirdo (no offense, lol). My blanket turned 30 in Oct! :-)

• Katie P says

Oh my gosh, I still sleep with my blankie too! My boyfriend is such a good sport and doesn’t make fun of me…too often. I am a bit of a freak though and put it in a fire safe box when we go on vacation in case our apartment goes up in flames.

Getting into the shower is my least favorite part of the day. I hate undressing and feeling the cooler air and I hate that first few moments of your body adjusting to the water temperature. It’s even worse after a work out when you have to peel sweaty clothes off! Maybe TMI but I felt I had to be honest. Happy Friday :) Good luck with all of your showers haha.

Your quirky fact #1 reminded me (get it–memory?!) that I have movie amnesia. I will watch a movie and pretty much instantly forget all of the major plot and scenes. There have been times when I have started watching a movie, and then realized 3/4 of the way through that I had already seen it, but had zero memory of it. It’s like a whole new movie over and over again. After I watch it like four times it starts to stick in my brain, though.

I bet you have been hit on! You weren’t paying attention.

So how did you and Ben first meet? I am sure there is a blog post about it somewhere….

hrmm..quirky…you won’t like me after this ….I don’t like ketchup with cheese…no ketchup on my cheeseburgers, no ketchup with an omelet (well I don’t do ketchup and eggs anyway)…

Nice run! I have a tattoo on my back (tramp stamp) that I got when I was 18. I went with someone, but made them go out in the lobby to wait because I’d rather be tough on my own. I also don’t eat most cereals in milk, but rather, have a cup of milk and a bowl of dry cereal. I hate soggy cereal!

I didn’t get the chicken pox till I was 23– I was subbing often in a Kindergarten class where it was going around and guess I finally got exposed enough! I actually had to call my future employer and tell them I couldn’t come for an interview b/c I had the chicken pox! They were nice enough to reschedule, and I ended up teaching with them for 7 years.

#2 seems… a little wrong? Ha ha.

I agree with #5, though getting out of bed is pretty up there, too.

Quirky fact about me… err, I avoid the blue-colored candies (M&M, skittles, etc.) because I once ate a blue popsicle and saw the evidence the next day…… TMI for sure.

I have no long term memory either! Seriously!

My quirky fact: I can drink endless soda/coffee in the evening and sleep like a baby. But 2 glasses of wine and I’ll be wide awake and unable to sleep in the middle of the night. No idea why.

I can also drink endless amounts of high caffeine drinks like diet mt. dew, diet dr. pepper, and diet coke and fall asleep studying, but if I eat a bowl of ice cream I am up ALL night! :D

I’ve never been hit on! But I don’t really look like the kind of girl you’d wanna hit on, either!

Quirky fact about me? When I was ages 5-10ish I wanted to be an entomologist/fashion designer.
    Yeah, study bugs and design gowns. Winning combo !

Nice pace on your run! My hubs decided to run on an off day because he felt super fast and he beat his best 4 mile time by a lot! Good for him!

Getting out of the shower is the worst. Quirky huh… I used to love ketchup on really fancy things – filet mignon, lobster, shrimp… my parents were appalled and my husband FINALLY talked me into using the appropriate condiments instead (though I’m REALLY picky on my steak sauce, I don’t like the ones offered at restaurants)

Quirky fact about me is that I actually watch Russia Today and Al Jazeera news channels, just for the “different” stories. My sister tells this to her friends because she thinks I’m a complete weirdo, but my boyfriend happily watches them with me (I made a good choice or otherwise I’m just really lucky to find another weirdo!).
    And yeah, I think Ben is right. No way you’ve never been hit on!

I hate feet. They gross me out more than anything. And I hate when people touch my feet…no pedicures here. And my fiance can attest, I hate when feet act like hands haha. Like if people try to grab stuff with their toes. That’s something a hand is used for, not a foot. I’m a freak

I have a tattoo on my hip too. I got it when I was 15. Somehow the tattoo guy believed I was old enough that I didn’t need parental consent and no questions were asked. When I finally came clean to my parents I started the conversation with “I have something to tell you…” They thought I was pregnant, which basically made the tattoo a non-issue :)

I have three tattoos- two on my left rib cage/ boob and one on my right butt cheek… Awkward spots when I think about it, but I didn’t want them to be visible to anyone but me and whoever else sees me in ze buff [aka my man and maybe my doc for exams] haha :P

15. MrsCrystal says

All of this time, I didn’t know I’ve actually been doing HIIT until I watched your video and looked at the list. Yay me!

Quirky Fact: When I was 6 or 7, my middle brother told me to get in the dryer, and I did because he said that our older brother made him do it, now I had to. And he actually pressed start! Thank God I’m still here today!

16. Vesna says

Some of your conversations with Ben remind me of my conversations with my fiance.

Quirky facts about me:
    1) I can’t whistle even if my life depended on it.
    2) My brother’s wife has the same name as me. Weird.
    3) I hate the smell of cabbage or brussel sprouts cooking; but could eat huge plates of cabbage and brussel sprouts.
    4) When I’m running (or doing a HIIT) workout; I actually feel like I’m a size 8. Then I’m all puzzled when I see myself in the mirror and I’m really a 14.
    5) Every time they show a contestant running a half or full marathon on NBC’s Biggest loser, i get all choked up because I remember running my first one with my mom cheering me from the sidelines.

I’ve been reading your blog for a WHILE but have never commented. I’m an avid reader though – I just had to say I LOVE you and your blog – I can really relate to you and wanted to thank you for posting daily <3

Will continue to be a loyal reader and hopefully comment more;)

18. Jamie says

I too cant remember much about my childhood…anything before 5th grade FORGET IT.
    Getting out of the shower stinks because it is so stinking cold.

Quirky fact about me is as a kid I wanted to a lawyer but have awful stage fright. I was the kid who when a presentation had to done was absent for school that day. It’s also keeping me from going back to college.

• Jamie says

You are truely an inspiration. I read this blog for motivation. Ive had the materials here for my personal training certification for a year now and never did it. I realize I have let fears control me. Fear of failure, fear of public speaking etc. This is my year!!!

19. Summer T says

I hate the words “moist” & “cluster”, do we really need them in the English language? Oh and monkeys freak me out!

HAHAHAHAHA

20. carrie bradshaw says

Quirky Facts:

1- I get really grossed out by random hairs. Shower, bed, table, sink. I seriously have OCD about stray people hairs. Dog and cat hair doesn’t bother me.
    2 – I’ve never had a cavity but eat ice cream and sugar all the time.
    3 – When Ben and I get married this year, my name will officially be Carrie Bradshaw. (I stole it now for my blog name.) Yeah, I’m a name-digger.
    4 – In 1st grade, my teacher wouldn’t let me go to the restroom during a lesson, and I ended up peeing my pants in the middle of the classroom. That sucked.

Funny you say you’ve never been hit. People (and my boyfriend) can never believe when I say that no one ever hits on me — like ever. I mean, there have been a handful in my life but generally speaking, nope! I always wondered if it was some subconsious defense mechanism I was giving off! I know I”m not ugly so…ha ha. Anyway, I’m glad I’m not alone!

I think there is a vibe you can put out. I don’t think I’ve been hit on since after the first year of dating my BF…like now that I’m content with the guy I have…theres a sign on my forehead that says “BACK OFF.” lol

OR you are too intimidating. :-)

22. Katy A says

I too am gross out by saliva! Especially when someone spits; makes me gag every time! Another bodily fluid that resembles spit (to me) makes me gag just looking at it! LOL… TMI I know!!

23. Katy A says

Oh another quirky face about me is that I don’t like donuts or pastries! I also don’t like chocolate cake but LOVE brownies!!

24. Traci says

Quirky fact: Even in the dead of winter here in Boston I sleep with a fan on for the noise. Faced away from me of course but I cant really fall asleep without it. I have a great sound machine but the fan is way better!

Quirky Facts:
    1. I like my cereal to be VERY soggy when I eat it so I usually drown my bowl of cereal in milk.
    2. I cannot make a meal without snacking on it during the process.
    3. I cant just put my jeans on in the morning. I have stretch them on as I get dressed. I like them to fit, but I hate how snug they get when you first put them on after you wash them. (Yes, I was my jeans after each wear because my jeans get soooo stretched out.)
    4. I will not drink soda from a fountain. I will only drink soda out of a can. I think that the soda from a fountain tastes “weird”.
    Sorry I am a “weird” person. I think it is great that you focused on some of your quirkiness! :D

I don’t think I have the best memory either. In fact, the older I get, the worse it gets. Thank God for my blog or else I’m pretty sure I would have blacked out the last 4 years of my life.
    Happy weekend hun!

27. Claire says

Monica! There is NO way you’ve never been hit on…Ben’s right when it comes to this. Plus, did he hit on you!? ;)

I also hate getting out of the shower. It’s cold and I would rather not enter reality again. Explaining why I take uber long showers…

Random tidbit about me: I only eat in multiples of three. If there’s four pieces of something, I stop at three. I think I am OCD. I always have to have three!

I wear my Garmin watch like that too! It gets annoying wearing it the regular way…I thought I was the only one who did that!

Weird fact about me: I like my cereal dry. No milk at all. But a side of water. :-)

Also, it’s probably not your fault you’re not getting hit on…you might be too intimidating, or I am convinced there is a vibe we put off when we are happy in our relationships. Win-win either way. ;-)

30. Grecia says

I thought I was the only one who couldn’t remember things that happened in middle/high school. Good to know I’m not alone!
    You’re fast! Did you start out running at a pretty quick pace? What kind of training did you have to do to increase your speed?

OMG ME TOO! I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME WAY ABOUT MY MEMORY! People always share such cute and compelling stories of their childhood, and I feel like I can hardly remember any of mine!

I can not agree with #1 and #4 more! I can’t remember ANYTHING. My short-term memory seems to be great, but I just can’t remember the past. I always figured it was some sort of defense mechanism.

And I have seriously never been hit on before. Not even on accident. My husband says he’s caught guys checking me out (I totally don’t believe him, lol!) but never been hit on.