Easy Curry and Dirty Hair

Hello! Yesterday I made dinner before my evening shift at the gym so I had plenty of time to experiment. I split a package of ground turkey into 2 parts and made a turkey and potato curry dish for BenIMG 8658 800x533 thumb Easy Curry and Dirty Hair

and soup for myself wlEmoticon smile15 Easy Curry and Dirty Hair

IMG 8678 800x533 thumb Easy Curry and Dirty Hair

The potato curry was ridiculously easy!

Easy Curry Recipe: Chop 3-4 potatoes w/ onions and cook them in coconut oil. Then, add ground turkey and tons of curry powder, turmeric and cumin. (I don’t measure spices.) Finally I add a package of frozen peas and stir in one 8oz. container of plain yogurt. Adjust seasonings as needed.IMG 8661 800x533 thumb Easy Curry and Dirty Hair

This morning I did 5.5 miles through a new neighborhood. I’m always complaining about the hills so I went downhill first and came uphill back. It was a good run, but I turned back early since the sidewalk stopped. I guess I know where the sidewalk ends around here…where the sidewalk ends thumb Easy Curry and Dirty Hair(source)

For fun…love poem thumb Easy Curry and Dirty HairBy Shel Siverstein

oh no reason Easy Curry and Dirty Hair

Over breakfast Ben and I discussed washing our hair. He washes his everyday and thinks it’s weird that I skip a day (or two). When I ran on the treadmill I would wash my hair everyday because I was sopping with sweat – I would never think to skip a day! Now I go every other day, depending on sweat and life and stuff.

I don’t skip 10 days, I don’t know why I’m doing that…IMG 8688 800x600 thumb Easy Curry and Dirty Hair

Question: How often do you wash your hair?

pin it button Easy Curry and Dirty Hair

Comments

I probably wash mine 3 times/week on average – more so when it starts to get really hot outside, and if I’m running, etc. but I go to Pilates several times a week, and while I wash my body, there’s no reason to wash my hair everyday! mine has a lot of curl and blonde highlights, and it doesn’t get greasy looking.

I wash my hair every day. I can’t stand the greasy feeling I get on my hair and face if I don’t, especially with how much I sweat when I exercise. It is kind of a pain to wash, dry, and style my hair every single day, though.

Haha, my boyfriend does the same thing! I usually wash my hair every other day (which I honestly think is a lot – most hair people recommend less than that). Whenever it’s a hair-wash off day, he’s like “…you didn’t wash your hair?” But especially after runs in cold weather, my hair doesn’t get that gross!

I have to wash mine every day and in the morning. If I wash it at night I’m a greaser by noon and feel disgusting. I’m just an oily gal. The plus side is that I’m 42 and people think I’m in my 20s because I have very few wrinkles. Go oil! LOL

I wash my hair every 2 to 3 days. If I get super sweaty I use dry shampoo, but generally just add a little curl to it days two and three.

I finally bought Chia Seeds, I was really worried about the taste but they are good. Thanks for blogging about them :)

6. Trish says

Every other day, or every third day. It’s not good to wash your hair every day! My hairdresser has actually “trained” her hair to last a week between washes, and she uses dry shampoo in between to combat the greasies.

Normally I go 3-4 days… last week I went 6 (I use dry shampoo! Not as gross right?) Final verdict, 6 days is too long for a curly girl. It started dredding and I had to deep condition and pick out the knots with a wide tooth comb. So much hair. So gross.

O girl you didnt ask this question. My husband thinks I am disgusting because I only wash my hair 2 or 3 times a week! Mostly because my hair is dry and over washing breaks it, ok that’s a lie, mostly because I’m lazy.

2-3 times a week, any more and it starts to get really dry. Honestly, I don’t really plan when to do it, I just wash when it gets stinky or yucky or after a swim (and that happens to be about 2-3 times in a week). I’ve gone a whole week before but it got really icky after day 5.

My husband is the same way. I usually wash mine every other day. My hair is so fine that it gets dirty so fast. I used to wash it everyday but them I have to blow dry and flat iron it and its too time consuming and damaging.

11. Kristen says

I get my hair wet every day. I use shampoo and conditioner one day and the other day I just rinse my hair. I have naturally curly hair and if I don’t at least wet it everyday, it is a total frizz ball.

Funny you should ask…I used to wash my long hair everyday. But that’s so time consuming! Then I discovered dry shampoo about 6 months ago and now only wash it every other day. My BF didn’t catch on that I was doing this until just the other day and he was like “Ew, you’re not washing your hair today?” lol. So I guess no one else notices either!

It totally depends on if I’m working out hard that day. I can’t not wash my hair after a major sweat session. But if I’m resting that day or just doing light cardio, I don’t wash.

ooo i skipped a LOT of days in the winter. brrrrrr… i have no patience for blow drying. i would pin my pony tail up on the treadmill so it wouldn’t get so sweaty. lol.

3 times/week after I run. If I ever stopped running I hope I would still remember to wash my hair! Having a delish smelling shampoo makes it more appealing but it takes so much time…

I wash my hair most weeks everyday. This is because I too run on the treadmill and I’m totally dripping with sweat. If my hair didn’t stank, I would just blow dry the sweat out and head out the door. On some Sundays, I will do that if I know I won’t be leaving the house =)

I am all for NOT washing my hair every day. In the summer when I wear it curly, I can get away with not washing it for two days. Even if it gets a little sweaty, I just re-wet parts of it and blow it dry. Most of the time I wash my hair every other day, though, unless I get super sweaty working out. The natural oils are good for your hair!

I wash Mine every other day unless I’m working out in the AM and can’t go to work with sweaty hair. thought I go go to work with wet hair sometimes because I don’t plan my time out right.

19. Vesna says

I wash mine every other day (and sometimes it’s 3 days). My hair is thick/coarse and dry. By the 2nd day or 3rd day, it’s super soft and wavy. I used to wash it every day because I thought it was “dirty” after my lunch time workout. However as I started to grow out my hair for my upcoming wedding; I decided I much rather sleep in the extra 45 minutes than have to wash and blow out.

20. Meg says

I wish I could skip I always hear how healthy that it but even if I shower at night – by the time I wake up in the AM it looks like I haven’t washed my hair in weeks! My hair is crazy thin though but I have a lot of it – not the greatest combo!

21. anna says

i’m a wavy/curly girl, so shampoo is not my friend. i wash once a week with sulfate-free shampoo, and rinse and condition (no shampoo) maybe 2 times a week.

Yeah, my husband washes his hair every day, while I can go every 2-3 days. I have really fine thin hair so the dirtier the thicker! Ha ha!

23. Katharine says

I don’t! Other than when on vacation and away from my trusty vinegar and baking soda I haven’t washed my hair with shampoo in over four years. I do shower everyday and sometimes twice on rub days but shampoo and I are not frieda anymore and my hair is way happier for it.

Because I have naturally curly hair, I cannot shampoo my hair everyday or it will be frizzy. I condition my hair everyday though (massaging the conditioner onto the scalp actually takes care of most product build-up) and shampoo it about twice a week.

i usually wash mine everyday bc i work out or whatever…i also have fine hair so it gets oily. but i just bought some dry shampoo and am going to use that more bc i know im drying my hair out!

26. Meredith says

I think about every other day… but I love Dry Shampoo!! (not the spay kind – the powder. My hair girl said the spray can be bad for your scalp). Honeslty I get more complements on my hair when it’s ‘dirty’. And my boyfriend might make fun of the dry shampoo… but he loves that I can get ready so fast ;)

I hate washing my hair!! It’s just such a hassle to dry. I found a dry shampoo receipe on Pinterest for brunettes (the spray I tried can leave my hair looking a little gray), and I love it. I haven’t found the best way to apply it without getting it all over the bathroom, but who wouldn’t love smelling a little cocoa powder throughout the day!

28. becky says

I run 4 or 5 times a week and wash my hair 3 or 4 times……
    That means once or twice a week I have FABULOUS curls (just don’t touch :-) )

I am guilty of showering at least once a day and sometimes twice- if I workout in the afternoon [shower in the morning and before bed]. Buttt, I wash my hair in the morning with shampoo + conditioner and at night will only use shampoo or nothing… I don’t care what I look like when I’m asleep and I hope my fiance is telling the truth when he says he doesn’t either :P

Everyday because I workout/run everyday; plus it’s hot and humid over here.
    On the curry, you can also try using coconut milk instead of yoghurt to give it a creamier flavour.

31. Kandis says

I was just having this conversation with my husband the other day. He thinks it’s strange I don’t wash my hair every day; I only wash it on day’s I swim because that is about every other day and the chlorine is so hard on my hair I’m trying to give it a break and the other days I only “wash” it with conditioner. I tried to explain to him that it’s completely normal but he wasn’t buying it!

32. Jamie says

I wash my hair every other day. If Im sopping in sweat of course I will wash on the off day but thats the only exception.