Fun Friday–New Product

Yesterday after work Ben, Matt and I walked to Sonic for a little refreshment. Per my New 2012 Resolutions, I have been limiting my diet soda to once a week and I went BIG with my weekly treat yesterday. This is a diet limeade. image thumb16 Fun Friday–New Product

Another new resolution that I’m working on is doing a Plank-A-Day. I’ve been doing one 1 minute plank about 5 days a week, so I think that’s good. I was just looking to add in something easy and realistic. So far so good.

Workout: This morning I did a 3 mile walk and came home for a plank and side planks. But, my rib cage area has been hurting on the left side for the last few days. Hmmm.

Fun Friday

Remember when I went to the Natural Products Expo in Anaheim? monica vita top thumb Fun Friday–New Product

Well, that was epic. (And I just realized it’s been too long since I’ve had a Vitatop.)

I spotted this Morningstar Breakfast Biscuit there and have been wanting to try it ever since. IMG 6083 800x533 thumb Fun Friday–New ProductIMG 6084 800x533 thumb Fun Friday–New Product

I finally bought them the other day thanks to a sale. I microwaved it, then put it in the toast oven for some crunch.IMG 6086 800x533 thumb Fun Friday–New Product

It was just okay. I’d rather have an egg sandwich, but good if you are in a time crunch.IMG 6093 800x533 thumb Fun Friday–New Product

Fun Friday Fideos!

I want to live my life like I’m this kitten and I don’t care how big my opponents are…

Follow ING Runner’s Nation on Facebook to see all the videos the ING Class of 2012 made while I was in New York.

Here is a fun fact:

*Yeah, there were no mirrors in the middle of central park and I didn’t realize I had weird hair. Fantastic, because I filmed 100 different facts like that…

Question: What are your weekend plans?

Tried anything new for breakfast lately?

Comments

1. Sable Weisman (@SquatLikeALady) says

I think your hair looks cute =) I’ve always wanted red hair! Fun fact: my mom shares this desire and dyed her (dark brown, almost black) hair red with an at-home dye….and it turned purple. And that was when I made her stop dropping me off at school.

That video of the doberman & kitten is too cute! I bet the owners were freeeeaking out the first time they played like that though!

I wasn’t really a fan of those breakfast things either. But, I’m not really a “traditional” breakfast food eater.

We’re going to watch some friends in a triathlon this weekend! It’s such an exciting environment, and is SO different from a road race. I just wish I could swim so I could actually participate!

my weekend plans: a family BBQ saturday, followed by bar hopping downtown for a friends birthday – going to be an awesome day!

I tend to stick to the same 4-5 breakfast options, I should probably switch it up a bit more. I’m home most mornings, so I probably have time to make myself something awesome but….laziness and hunger kicks in and I want something easy and fast.

I’ve been trying to do a plank daily as well!!! I know it’s only a minute of my life, but sometimes it seems so hard! Probably because I have to wrestle with two dogs just to get to the ground to do it and then bat them away from me while I’m trying to get it done…ugh.
    I think your hair is cute!

This weekend I have to plan our upcoming summer party (which I’m oddly nervous about) and hopefully get to yoga. My new thing for breakfast lately has been having no desire whatsoever to eat breakfast! I usually wake up starving, but lately I’ve had no appetite. Not nauseous … just not interested. Weird. If only that was true in the middle of the afternoon at snack’o’clock.

6. Jamie in Arkansas says

OMG! How many ingredients can a cheese biscuit possibly have???? I think Morningstar Farms gets the award! Holy Cow! YES…make your own!

• Laura says

I was thinking the same thing- sometimes I don’t know how a company can ADD SO MANY ingredients into something that is supposed to be a biscuit, sausage, egg and cheese. It’s like they go out of their way to add a bunch of crap! This is what’s wrong with food in America- way too much processing!!!

7. Liz says

ZOMG I love dobermans!!!!!!! I have a dobie mix (with floppy ears, so freaking cute) and just love love love him (and the other 2 dogs we have, no offense guys). That video is awesome and I can only imagine how active that kitten is when the dobie is sleeping … and therefore still fair game :)

My weekend plans are windsurfing and rock climbing today (!!!), and flying back home tomorrow… ugh.
    I love that video! That dog is like “ahhhh get away from me…” kittens never cease to amuse me!

I hear you on realistic goals, I am working to do 1-8 pyramid of push ups every night. It’s not much but I know I can commit to it so there!

Wow that is a long ingredient list! I can’t believe Morningstar was at a natural foods expo! Doesn’t look like there are many natural ingredients in there.

Do you read Foodbabe.com? She recently did a post on processed veggie burgers and Morningstar is mentioned. Eek.

I think I am going to join your plank a day plan. Seems like it would good for me. ING video looks great! First 5k in three years going down tomorrow. Little nervous, usually more of a distance person (i.e. I am slow:))

Charity run benefiting cancer research tomorrow…and the rest of the weekend = rest, re-fuel and re-hydrate. Brekkies are usually toast or crackers with peanut butter.

I love how you can carry off braids – 2 side braids, I mean. I could never do it without looking like a dork.

I was to hike 10+ miles on a new-to-me mountain summit today. But I couldn’t sleep at all and woke up with a headache for our departure time of 4:30 AM. I had maybe 2 hours of sleep at that point. Needless to say, I had to skip the hike. Not happy because now I won’t have a chance to hike it again until late August. :-(