The Runny Egg

Yesterday I received a HUGE package from my favorite delivery guy. TWSS.

No really, I wasn’t expecting anything so it was a real surprise when I opened up the box and saw this…

What is it? Who is it from?

There were no obvious name brands or logos so I was intrigued.

IMG 8434 600x800 thumb The Runny Egg

The big cardboard box it came in had an ice pack so I suspected it was edible.

I peeled open a corner and got a delicious whiff of chocolate. Ahhh! Just the kinda package I love.

The instructions inside said I had to break the egg within 12 hours. Unfortunately, the egg broke on the way to my house and I opened to box to revel a HUGE pile of chocolate and a pair of shoes!IMG 8436 600x800 thumb The Runny Egg

Brooks sent me a #funfunegg with a pair of Brooks PureDrift inside!

This is the best day ever!

The shoes were covered in plastic, so they did not harm the chocolate wlEmoticon winkingsmile1 The Runny EggIMG 8439 600x800 thumb The Runny Egg

In addition to the shoes I now have 8lbs. of chocolate. The egg must have been MASSIVE because the pieces of chocolate are thick and huge (so many TWSS in this post).

I am picky about chocolate and don’t like the super sweet cheap milk chocolate. To my delight this chocolate is really good and tastes dark and rich! I had a small piece right away to check.IMG 8443 600x800 thumb The Runny Egg

When Ben came home he had a piece and said, “This is good chocolate too!”

We are both a little worried that we now have 8 lbs of delicious chocolate to deal with.IMG 8447 800x600 thumb The Runny Egg

Technically, I didn’t even have to share it with him because the nutrition profile says it is 1 serving…IMG 8449 800x600 thumb The Runny Egg

Yes, that entire egg is 19,200 calories!

According to my calculations calculator – I would have to run 256 miles to burn all those calories off!!

Luckily, the potential calorie burn from the shoes will help me get there wlEmoticon smile14 The Runny EggIMG 8451 800x600 thumb The Runny Egg

The Brooks PureDrift is a very minimalist shoe. You have to slowly transition to a shoe like this so I did 3 easy miles in them this morning. Then, I did Jillian’s 6 Week Six Pack. IMG 8456 600x800 thumb The Runny Egg

I LOVE the colors! They came with a pair of pink shoe laces too and I’ll probably switch to those soon. IMG 8458 600x800 thumb The Runny Egg

*I’ll post my thoughts about this new to me type of shoe after I run for a while in them. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Breakfast was chocolate… Hey, I have 3 gallon sized baggies full of this stuff in my fridge now!IMG 8441 600x800 thumb The Runny Egg

Kidding it was eggs and a flatout with nut butter and jelly.

IMG 8461 800x600 thumb The Runny Egg

Question: Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate?

I’m a dark chocolate girl all the way!

Disclaimer: I am a Brooks Run Happy Ambassador and was sent these shoes as part of the program. All opinions are my own. All chocolate in this post is mine mine mine as well.

pin it button The Runny Egg

Comments

I love milk chocolate but I do appreciate a good piece of dark chocolate now and again. What a great marketing campaign, shoes and chocolate. Ha! Too bad your egg broke too soon. Bumm deal. Have fun with your new cool shoes.

2. sally says

DARK CHOCOLATE unless it’s peanut m+m’s and then i’ll be ok with the milk chocolate variety. =) Awesome delivery. Enjoy.

I am SO excited for these shoes to be released…I am having a love affair with my PureConnects and can’t wait to start mixing these in as well.

White chocolate all the way, even though it really doesn’t count as real chocolate!

4. Dynamics says

Great marketing. Love the label, so Monica and now in writing. Sorry Ben. LOL I do not like chocolate. Yes, I do not. If I eat any chocolate it is milk chocolate all the way. Sees Candy is a must once a year. but again, brickle and caramel only and maybe a marshmallow with caramel on the bottom.

5. Meg says

You lucky duck! I’m a huge fan on my pure cadence shoes, and I’d never heard of pure drift so I went over to the brooks website to check it out… are they new and not released yet? Any idea when they’ll be for sale?

You have other brooks pure shoes, right? What are your thoughts on the minimalism of these, versus your other pairs? I like the *idea* of a minimal shoe like this, but I worry my aching knees/hips after long runs won’t like it so much. I was thinking of trying the Flow next time, since I think that has a bit more cushion than pure cadence.

Ok, enough shoe nerdiness for now. Enjoy that chocolate!

What a fabulous package! And great marketing!
    I’m a milk chocolate girl. But, if I don’t have any chocolate on hand, I’ll take any kind! We have super dark at our house more often since my husband is vegan. I’m adjusting!
    Looking forward to hearing about the new shoes!

What a fun surprise! I would have been so upset to see the calorie count of the egg though, they should keep that part a secret, then I would have eaten some for breakfast.

I am a dark chocolate girl, I transitioned about 2 years ago and now dont really like milk chocolate at all. kind of like when you give up coke for a long time and then take a sip… gross.

8. Mary says

dark chocolate for the win! :) loved all the TWSS’s haha sadly i only recently figured out what TWSS stood for (even though i’ve been saying “that’s what she said” forever). im so bad with abbreviations.

Oh my gosh, it is hilarious that the egg is only one serving! You know someone got a good laugh doing that.

Keep us updated on your adjustment to the minimalist shoe! And I hope you are getting excited about the marathon. Are you tapering now?

I find it ironic the 256 miles to burn off that chocolate is probably more than advised to put on that pair of minimalists… (I still <3 you, Brooks) ((and chocolate))

I love BROOKS…can you hook me up with a pair of running shoes? OK…I will just take some dark chocolate please. ;-)

Cute shoes…but I do think I would need more heel cushion…not sure though?!

My new goal in life is to one day receive a pair of shoes encased in 8lbs of chocolate in the mail….milk chocolate. (Seriously though….this might be the most bizarre/hilarious/awesome thing I’ve ever read.)

13. Bethany says

I go between wanting milk or dark chocolate. Mostly I just like chococlate.

It is now a goal of mine to get a huge egg with shoes in it!!

14. Denise P. says

I love Brooks – so cute their little nutrition facts for the shoes.

This is the first I’m hearing about the Drifts. I still have yet to be able to try anything from the Pure line – of course I need support so the Cadence is $20-30 more than the other shoes in the line. I just can’t drop over $100 for shoes right now. So I’ll have to continue to wait.

Dark chocolate – for the health benefits of course.

Oh wow! That is an exciting package to get in the mail!! I would seriously LOVE something like that to show up on my doorstep. Brooks shoes are great! These shoes look super cute, and the chocolate looks delish. Dark chocolate is my fav.

One of the fitness editors at the mag I work for got that in the mail today, too! It was the talk of the office. So cool. I’m totally jealous. And I’m a dark chocolate girl all the way. For the health benefits, yes, but I love how the rich flavor makes it easier for me to stop at just one serving. It’s like built-in portion control. :)

Dark chocolate for the win. After being so used to dark chocolate, milk chocolate tastes nasty to me. Of course I’ll still eat it though.

18. Laura says

If you’re going to post food, why not make it look at least slightly edible? I was eating when i looked at that picture and immediately lost my appetite. Ew. ew. ew.

That egg is a serious situation as are the nutrition stats….love the packaging including the “shoe stats”! Dark all the way, milk chocolate hardly tastes good anymore. Enjoy the egg for the next 43 years!

I hate to sound so stereotypical but…isn’t it every girls dream to get a pair of shoes literally wrapped in chocolate?! Seriously, you are the luckiest girl in the whole wide world. As far as the chocolate question goes, I’m with you, dark dark dark and it has to be good quality or it just isn’t worth it.

Shoes are great, chocolate is awesome, but I DO NOT UNDERSTAND the egg thing. They’re lucky the sent the funny nutritional card, because otherwise it would be kinda gimmicky…. Maybe you should cut it up and make chocolate chunk cookies!

22. Lindsey says

I’m loving my new brooks’ghosts- my first pair of brooks ever! I feel faster running in them. I’m jealous of your chocolate egg and Hungry Runner Girl got one too!

Oh my goodness…. “Runny egg”. I totally missed the punniness of that title with the running shoes and the egg…until now. Just now. And I read it yesterday. Oy. I need more coffee.

Super funny though! Go, you! Sorry I didn’t realize it til a day later. lol

I am truly jealous of this! I saw HRG got one too and I was basically drooling on the keyboard reading y’alls posts. TMI?

I love dark chocolate and now-a-days I prefer it over milk chocolate, but I still have a lot for milk chocolate when I have a really big sweet tooth :)