Friday Treats and Pumpkin Day Recipes

Hello and Happy Friday!

I am running a half marathon this weekend and the ING NY Marathon is next weekend. Normally this is so NOT my style. I am a big believer in taper taper taper. But, I got a free bib from ING and I love halfs and it’s in LA so I couldn’t turn it down. (I’m going to take it easy, more on that later.)

Soooo, this morning I did an easy 4 miles and tomorrow I’m doing nothing. I might stand up in the shower, but that’s about it. Maybe.

When I got back I made a quick breakfast of eggs and toast (do you really want to see a pic of this?). And now I’m sipping on some iced coffee.

IMG 8640 533x800 thumb Friday Treats and Pumpkin Day Recipes

I really want a Friday treat today – it’s been a crazy week! This got me thinking back to when I worked for Starbucks in college. Friday mornings were our busiest out of the entire week! It seemed like A LOT of people treated themselves to a fancy coffee and sometimes a pastry on a Friday morning.

Ben’s work gets bagels and donuts on Fridays. My old work used to do breakfast every other Friday (one person would bring in breakfast for the office and get reimbursed). Yes, I worked in a really fun office.

Today is National Pumpkin Day!!!

pumpkin pie Friday Treats and Pumpkin Day Recipes

I know Pumpkin is played out in blogland, but as someone with a big ol’ pumpkin head I feel like it’s okay for me to continue to hype.

pumpkin dip thumb Friday Treats and Pumpkin Day Recipes

Here are a few of my favorite pumpkin recipes, Pin one, Pin all…

No Bake Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Dip <- serve with graham cracker sticks and take to a party!

Pumpkin Pancakes

Gluten free Pumpkin Pancakes

Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes

Pumpkin Crème for Waffles or Pancakes

Question : Do you give yourself a special Friday treat?

What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe?

Comments

if i can overcome my laziness, i’m going to make some pumpkin cookies this weekend. i’m not super crazy about pumpkin, but these cookies are legit.

I used to treat myself to huge slices of delicious pizza on Fridays for dinner, but that was before I became a poor college student again. Now filling my car with gas is about as fancy as it gets!

Hmmmm no Friday treat for me…Although today I had Jimmy John’s for the first time in months but only because I have a $25 gift card from them (I’m cheap and poor) but I didn’t even get the cookie which I would sometimes “treat” myself with on occasion. Today I just got the unwich…That’s as fancy as I got. Ha! I’m so boring with my Treats!

Good luck this weekend! Busy busy busy lady.
    I used to always grab a treat on the weekend but now I limit it to a couple times a month. I found it started my weekend off on the wrong step ;) It was a downward spiral from that one treat.
    -Michelle {LiveLoudly}

5. Dynamics says

Today, i treated myself to a grand opening store and a few pink bag. Yikes. $133 dollars later (and that was with 25% off) I got my FREE bag.

This might sound weird, but I don’t plan a specific day to treat myself. I am an emotional eater, so my indulgences typically happen unplanned and in-the-moment. I have gotten MUCH better about reigning in this type of impulse eating though. Basically, I just try to be as healthy as I can at each food opportunity and if a craving comes calling, I decide whether it’s really worth it to indulge or not!

I guess the latte and chocolate croissant I got this morning might count. ; )

I love the easy pumpkin cookies you shared and have made them twice recently for parties and everyone loves them. Probably because I put about 47 tablespoons of cream cheese frosting between two and make GIANT cookie sandwiches out of them. Yum.

I thought about going to Starbucks this morning for my Friday treat, but I was running late. Instead, I’m going to treat myself to some chocolate one of my students gave me :)

9. Isabelle says

I’ve been making a low cal pumpkin pie at least once a week lately- it’s so good and only 90 calories a slice! Which justifies eating three slice of course:) it’s crust free, sugar free, and fat free (egg whites, fat free evap milk, Splenda, pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice- combine, pour into greased pie pan and bake at 350 for 40 min) best “healthy version” recipe ever

I’m sitting at a cafe right now, and I treated myself to a $4 cup of make-your-own granola. I was going to get a slice of cake or something, but opted for something “healthier”.

Also, I like anything with pumpkin. I love fall, when it’s socially acceptable to eat pumpkin in every meal (right?) I would have said my favorite pumpkin recipe is the classic pumpkin pie, but last weekend I made the BEST THING EVER. I filled a pie pumpkin with spiced custard and baked it all together. It was soooo good.

11. chickpeaDMT says

funny you mentioned a special friday starbucks treat- i went there for the first time in a while today and got a salted caramel mocha (with half the pumps womp womp) BUT only because today was the GRAND OPENING of the first trader joe’s in my town. i moved here 2 months ago from a place that had a trader joe’s every 2 miles, so it’s been 2 months of utter agony. i treated myself to some coconut chips, a free sample of the choco peanut butter cups, choco covered toffee, and a dark chocolate coconut caramel bar. i feel like i landed on a paradise island.
    good luck this weekend! :)