Holiday Oatmeal Bowl

Happy day before Thanksgiving! T-day is my favorite holiday because I love to run EAT repeat.

eating at a thanksgiving level thumb Holiday Oatmeal Bowl

This morning I ran about 1.5 miles to the gym for a strength session. It was pretty empty so I had all the weights to myself. I like that.20121121 064345 800x600 thumb Holiday Oatmeal Bowl

I walked back home reading blogs on my phoner. Since I’m on Pacific time I get to see what everyone else had for breakfast for inspiration wlEmoticon smile12 Holiday Oatmeal Bowl

But, I went with the usual – pumpkin oatmeal and eggs. IMG 9371 800x533 thumb Holiday Oatmeal Bowl

I did switch it up a bit and cook up some TJ’s stuffing mix into my eggs. I am in love with these veggies and herbs!image thumb31 Holiday Oatmeal Bowl

And I used my new holiday bowl I bought the weekend ( $1.00 at Michaels!). IMG 9367 800x533 thumb Holiday Oatmeal Bowl

I’ve been getting my walks in after work this week, 20121119 170902 800x600 thumb Holiday Oatmeal Bowl

but today is going to be crazy. I have a pile of work that must be done and then I need to hit up the grocery store for all my T-day ingredients! I hope I can still carve out a little time since it helps me chillax wlEmoticon smile12 Holiday Oatmeal Bowl

Question: Do you have special holiday tableware?

I really would love a special set of dishes for Thanksgiving and Christmas one day.

Comments

Ooh that stuffing starter looks great! I need easy ways to add veggies to my diet since I’m lazy and live alone. I can’t even remember the last vegetable I’ve eaten since I lost my job right before Sandy. I wish I were kidding.

Does your TJ tend to have long lines? I’ve heard the ones in NYC do.

2. Jamie says

The stuffing mix is interesting. Where do u get that? I’m in a little podunk town and have no trader joes, no whole foods, costco is 2 hours away…I only have a walmart!!! Ugh

We have my great-grandmother’s china that is teal, white and gold-plated. Pretty hideous combo if you ask me, but it’s tradition and we always say if someone breaks one, g-grandma is gonna haunt you forever. I think in my 30+ years on this earth, we have been very careful to not break a single dish.

We have a set of silverware that we inherited from hubby’s grandma that we use on holidays. We don’t have special dishes though….in fact, hubby has to buy us a new set of dishes today because we just realized we are down to only 4 (mismatched) plates and Turkey Day is at our house tomorrow!

Nah we keep it simple. For easy clean up- Chinet all the way baby! I would say Styrofoam- but then I’d be admitting to harming the Earth due to it’s almost never break down process in a landfill.. I can’t thnk of the term just yet..

Oh I was gonna add to your post from yesterday- I got a horrific email yesterday telling me that there is now WOOD PULP in our food.. WTF?! I guess we should just start eating trees.. ugh.. loved the post!

6. Susan says

I have special Christmas dishes and we usually start using them on December 1st. If there are just a few of us for Thanksgiving (like there will be this year), I’ll use my wedding china.

My mom brings out hers for the Chinese New Year reunion dinners – all matchy matchy – but these past couple of years we spent dinner with my brother in another state or have it at a restaurant.

8. Lynda says

Stuffing starter is a great way to add veggies!! we don’t have TJ’s but I’ve seen something similar at Kroger. I soooooo wish we had a TJ’s!!