Holiday Oatmeal Bowl

Happy day before Thanksgiving! T-day is my favorite holiday because I love to run EAT repeat.

eating at a thanksgiving level

This morning I ran about 1.5 miles to the gym for a strength session. It was pretty empty so I had all the weights to myself. I like that.20121121_064345 (800x600)

I walked back home reading blogs on my phoner. Since I’m on Pacific time I get to see what everyone else had for breakfast for inspiration Smile

But, I went with the usual – pumpkin oatmeal and eggs. IMG_9371 (800x533)

I did switch it up a bit and cook up some TJ’s stuffing mix into my eggs. I am in love with these veggies and herbs!image

And I used my new holiday bowl I bought the weekend ( $1.00 at Michaels!). IMG_9367 (800x533)

I’ve been getting my walks in after work this week, 20121119_170902 (800x600)

but today is going to be crazy. I have a pile of work that must be done and then I need to hit up the grocery store for all my T-day ingredients! I hope I can still carve out a little time since it helps me chillax Smile

Question: Do you have special holiday tableware?

I really would love a special set of dishes for Thanksgiving and Christmas one day.

Comments

Ooh that stuffing starter looks great! I need easy ways to add veggies to my diet since I’m lazy and live alone. I can’t even remember the last vegetable I’ve eaten since I lost my job right before Sandy. I wish I were kidding.

Does your TJ tend to have long lines? I’ve heard the ones in NYC do.

2. Jamie says

The stuffing mix is interesting. Where do u get that? I’m in a little podunk town and have no trader joes, no whole foods, costco is 2 hours away…I only have a walmart!!! Ugh

We have my great-grandmother’s china that is teal, white and gold-plated. Pretty hideous combo if you ask me, but it’s tradition and we always say if someone breaks one, g-grandma is gonna haunt you forever. I think in my 30+ years on this earth, we have been very careful to not break a single dish.

We have a set of silverware that we inherited from hubby’s grandma that we use on holidays. We don’t have special dishes though….in fact, hubby has to buy us a new set of dishes today because we just realized we are down to only 4 (mismatched) plates and Turkey Day is at our house tomorrow!

Nah we keep it simple. For easy clean up- Chinet all the way baby! I would say Styrofoam- but then I’d be admitting to harming the Earth due to it’s almost never break down process in a landfill.. I can’t thnk of the term just yet..

Oh I was gonna add to your post from yesterday- I got a horrific email yesterday telling me that there is now WOOD PULP in our food.. WTF?! I guess we should just start eating trees.. ugh.. loved the post!

6. Susan says

I have special Christmas dishes and we usually start using them on December 1st. If there are just a few of us for Thanksgiving (like there will be this year), I’ll use my wedding china.

My mom brings out hers for the Chinese New Year reunion dinners – all matchy matchy – but these past couple of years we spent dinner with my brother in another state or have it at a restaurant.

8. Lynda says

Stuffing starter is a great way to add veggies!! we don’t have TJ’s but I’ve seen something similar at Kroger. I soooooo wish we had a TJ’s!!