Pile On The Miles 2012 Winners

2012 Pile On the Miles thumb Pile On The Miles 2012 Winners

Sadly the 2012 Pile On the Miles Challenge is over. But, it was a HUGE success!

891 walkers and runners signed up to play. Together we completed 36,190.68 miles in 31 days!!! Impressive, right?!

POTM 2012 thumb Pile On The Miles 2012 Winners

The person with the most miles is Theresa Martin with 359.1! She wins a free pair of shoes from Running Shoes.com. Theresa, please email me within 48 hours to claim your prize or it’s going to the next runner up.

The Top 10 Pile on the Miles participants :

1. Theresa Martin
  2. Jen Schomaker www.runnershoe.blogspot.com
  3. Jayne Fox
  4. Meg Chieffe
  5. Denesse Segura http://sprintrunjog.blogspot.com/
  6. Stephanie Anderson www.runlilmamarun.blogspot.com
  7. Jory Wamsley Http://jorystory.wordpress.com
  8. Sara Anderson lifeinbeantownusa.blogspot.com
  9. Stephanie Ellerman runhonrun.com
  10. Laura Kelly    seelaurago.blogspot.com

Everyone else who participated and checked in every week was entered into 2 giveaways. Here are the winners for those prizes…

1. Pair of Brooks running shoes – Run Around Roo She finished the challenge with 36.3 Miles!!! Go go go! IMG 8459 600x800 thumb Pile On The Miles 2012 Winners

2. Puma shoes and workout gear – Clare from Fitting It All In who finished the challenge with 59 miles!

IMG 9042 600x800 thumb Pile On The Miles 2012 Winners
I didn’t end up being too productive yesterday after I got home. The best thing I did was call a friend to catch up while taking a long walk wlEmoticon smile Pile On The Miles 2012 Winners  At least it was productive for my soul.

Then, I ate dinner and went to sleep early. Whew! I needed that sleep so so bad. I cannot believe I how little sleep I got this weekend. Crazy.

This morning I woke up feeling like a new man woman and ran 6 miles. It was slow, but felt great to move.

I busted out my Christmas plate for breakfast.

“Ho ho ho! Merry Breakfast!!!”image thumb2 Pile On The Miles 2012 Winners

Question: Did Pile on the Miles help keep you chugging along this month? How do you plan to stay on track in December??

pin it button Pile On The Miles 2012 Winners

Comments

1. Melissa says

This challenge was a huge motivation for me! Each time I went home from the work in the dark and wanted to change into my pj’s and watch tv I knew that i had to hit my weekly target of 20 miles, so I’d hop on the treadmill before collapsing on the couch before bed.
    How I plan to stay on track in December- eating clean for the first 3 weeks (knowing that Christmas day and new years is going to be what it will be) and hit up hotel treadmills while away and put in long, early weekend runs :) . Best of luck to everyone through the month of December!

This was a fantastic challenge. At different points of the month I didn’t know if I would meet goal. I added A LOT more walking than I planned but I met my goal and that is what I wanted.

Can’t wait to do another challenge!

Thank you for hosting/monitoring the challenge!

Oh and for December I plan to just watch what I eat. I did really well at Thanksgiving with moderation. Who knew?! :)
    Maybe do an elliptical challenge to lessen stress on my knees. (trying to avoid injury caused me to walk a lot last month)

I piled on a lot of things but Miles weren’t one of them…..

little extra stress
    little extra calories
    upped my weights in body pump too…hey! That’s a positive! woot woot!

Pile on the Miles was such a great tool for me this month! I realized that I could make those miles happen even with the time change and darker mornings and evenings and was able to use it to kick off my marathon training as well. Sometimes just starting the routine of training for a big race is the hardest part and the extra motivation for getting my miles in was an added push. Looking forward to challenging myself to run even more miles than November in the coming months!!

6. Lea says

Absolutely appreciated this challenge – I need something to keep me accountable or I flake. This really helped; even got up and slowly walked 2 miles while sick with a cold to meet my goal.

7. Nicole says

Yes! This definitely kept my miles up in November….I would try and update my miles weekly, and when I saw how many I had done/how many I have left, I felt the urge to do more!

In December….it’ll be tough!! I sooo appreciate fitness blogs (like yours) that remind me to make sure I get my workout in….even if it’s only for 20 minutes, it’s better than nothin’!

Congrats to the winners! :) Thanks for putting this contest on, Monica!

8. Candice says

I totally got overwhelmed this month and did not POTM :((( Next year….. Question: I have always wondered is that ketchup or hot sauce you put on your eggs???

9. Daphne says

I wish I had been able to fully participate in Pile on the miles… but due to Marathon training and taper week I wasn’t able to. I think I’ll do my own little pile on the miles challenge for December! Love your blog… you keep me laughing! Looking forward to more of your adventures in 2013!

I fell off the bandwagon and had an unhealthy week or so last month, so I didn’t make my lofty goal. However, I got right back into running the week before Thanksgiving, and have been consistent since. Ended up with a total of about 60 miles.

I have a new goal now, which is to run 150 miles in the last two months of this year (Nov+Dec)

11. Susan says

Congrats everyone! What can we say? WE ROCK!!!

I didn’t kill it like I wanted to but hit my target and went over by 2 miles.

Gotta try to stay motivated ALWAYS but I have a half marathon on December 16th so that’s my motivator right now. :)

POTM was good fun to participate in. So nice to know that there are other struggling with the food at this time of year and pushing hard to work it off/deserve it!

I’m doing my first half marathon in Louisiana in January after travelling in the US for 6 weeks so it’s been good to have all the motivation I can get before I leave Australia. Plus it’s been crazy hot so POTM has been good motivation on 100 degree days or to find time between massive thunder-storms!

Thanks Monica, see you at POTM next year!