Music Monday– Last Friday on Repeat

Hello from home!!! As much as I love that sleepy little Florida town, I am happy to be home.

My mom, dad and little brother picked me up from the airport and we stopped for comida on the way home. I wasn’t very hungry so I just went with a salad.salad time

Then, I grabbed up Vegas and took him home. No, I didn’t miss him at all because I have a tiny black heart while I was gone my mom texted me every time he barfed. He’s a bad cat.bad cat

I was home by 5pm PST and hit up Costco for food – the fridge was completely empty…image

and started washing clothes. Started, not finished obviously.laundry day

This morning it felt great to lace up a different pair of shoes (I only took 1 pair to FL and normally change it up) and run my favorite 6 mile route! Welcome Home Monican!brooks yellow shoes

I also had to make an emergency trip to Target for kitty litter last night and picked up Emergen-C. B has been sick and I’m really trying to fight it off so I’m taking 2 of these an hour and peeing bright orange. it is an emergency

Yesterday on the plane I exchanged 6 pieces of dirty green paper to watch the Katy Perry movie. (My laptop battery only lasted 1.5 hours and I needed entertainment.) IMG_0389 (800x600)

So, even though I ran without music today I had “Last Friday Night” in my head THE ENTIRE TIME. For real B.

Now it’s in your head. You’re welcome Smile

PSA – Target had practically all clothes on Clearance yesterday. Go check it out.

Question: Katy Perry – Love her or not?

I love her. Firework is one of my faves.

Comments

Katy Perry is pretty cool. I like her music, but I’m not sure if I’d want to be her friend IRL {because, you KNOW she’d want to be MY friend}. ;-)

2. Vernie says

Hmmm…Katy Perry. She can sing and has some catchy tunes but if I never heard another song of hers again, I don’t know that I’d notice. I’ve always dabbled in pop music, but my heart belongs to alternative rock. :)

I love katy. Shhh don’t tell! I’m usually pride myself on being a “rock kind of girl” Oh and I took your advice Saturday after my long run. Food, and trash tv. Keeping Up With The Kardashians marathon was on all day! And I made a Quinoa Jambalaya.

I happen to enjoy most of her music, its usually catchy and upbeat. On the other hand, I have a parrot that HATES her. She will puff her feathers up and her eyes go crazy when I play anything of hers. We use it as punishment for when she’s being nippy! I think its hilarious!

I like Katy Perry too – I have been wanting to see that movie. Last year, we took the kids to Downtown Disney in Florida, and I somehow got entered into a Dance contest with the Fireworks song, so that song holds a special place in my heart :)

Was that Katy Perry movie good? I heard they showed the breakup or something?
    I don’t mind her at all, like her! Her music isn’t my fave, but “Wide Awake” is a great song!

I feel like they showed a tiny bit of her reaction to the break up, but there is not much of RB in the movie at all. It was an okay movie, I actually would have liked more behind the scenes kinda stuff – it told her story from how she got started a bit, but I wanted it more in depth I think?

Oooooo I watched that on my flight from London to JFK…no idea why because I never liked KP, I assumed it would be like that TERRIBLE Britney / K Fed show but I ended up really enjoying it. The most surprising thing is that I now REALLY love her. I’m so easily swayed…oops.

Love her, and I loved the movie too! Even with all of the crazy stuff that she does, she seems weirdly down to earth. After seeing the movie I actually dressed up as her for Halloween. I’ve also been chugging Emergen-C to try and avoid getting sick, hate the taste!

9. Stacey says

LOVE HER!!! That movie was so good, I was so sad for her at some points though… sometimes we forget celebrities are human, this was a healthy reminder!

I am a pretty big fan of Katy. I don’t think I’d ever pay to see her in concert, but I love to listen to her tunes while working out. My favorite is Teenage Dream, but Hot N Cold is a close second.

11. Mandy says

I liked Katy Perry before I saw the movie and loved her after. I love spirit and the honest emotions she showed in the movie. I don’t think I would be brave enough to share all that. She’s definitely a good role model in my opinion.

i agree with some others… i liked her before…and i don’t know what inspired me to see the movie, especially since i don’t even go to the movies that often, but after i did i LOVED her!

My niece LOVES her so I took her to see her movie, but she…wasn’t impressed. She pretty much only liked the concert scenes so she could sing along. She’s determined to be a pop star and I think she didn’t like the behind-the-scenes drudgery of it all.

14. Kelly says

Love KP for a run. Sadly haven’t heard much lately. Went on my first run since just after Thanksgiving. Decided 36 was warm enough. Have never run with snow on the ground. Wasn’t great but I did it. I am very inspired by you and read your blog every day!

I watched the Katy Perry movie with my nephew and ended up liking it. I know they edit the movie to make you feel one way or another but I really enjoy her now. I am secretly a 12 year old in a grown up body.
    You have Chobani at your Costco? Lucky. I searched everywhere at mine and had no luck.