National Vitamin Day

Happy Tuesday! I started my day with a short speed run. Nothing too big since I have another race this weekend.

Yes, race #4 of 2013 is Sunday!

IMG 20130127 091130 800x800 thumb1 National Vitamin Day

I am on a roll with my New Year’s Goal to run 13 13s in 2013!

But, since we’re talking Resolutions… I need to re-evaluate my other ones. I’ve fallen off the healthy eating wagon a bit and haven’t been going to yoga like I promised (myself).

I have been keeping up with my vitamins when I’m in town though! (I forget to pack them when I’m away.)super breakfast National Vitamin Day

If you’re not already in love with certain vitamins you can try Nature Made’s melts. NM 2876 L300 VitaMelts Vit C thumb National Vitamin Day

I don’t know where I got these Vitamin D tabs a while back, but I liked them! That reminds me I’m all out…NM 2877 L300 VitaMelts Vit D thumb National Vitamin Day

Nature Made® VitaMelts™ are a new “one of a kind”, enjoyable way to take your vitamins because they melt in your mouth and taste great. Discover how new Nature Made® VitaMelts™ can transform your vitamin taking experience by making it enjoyable.  Visit us at NatureMade.com/VitaMelts to learn more.

NM Logo 1 National Vitamin Day

When I’m home I take a multi-vitamin, B supplement and homeopathic thyroid supp. *I’ve read that all women of child bearing age should take a multi with folic acid, so there’s that.pills i need my pills thumb National Vitamin Day

Question: What is your healthy pledge for 2013?

How are you doing with it?

Do you take vitamins everyday?

Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Nature Made via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nature Made.

1 Glam CorrPost 100x100 National Vitamin Day
 National Vitamin Day
pin it button National Vitamin Day

Comments

I’ll try the Nature Made. Thanks for the information. I have a hard time finding vitamins that don’t upset my stomach. The ones with calcium in them are the worst.

I am awful about taking vitamins! I’m trying to force myself to remember to take Calcium at least once a day since I know I don’t eat enough calcium and I have stress fractures frequently.

I can’t even begin to say how impressed I am that you are fixing to run #4 and we are only 1 month in!!! Way to go!!!

Wow you are already on mary #4? tooo cool!

I take GNC’s Womens Ultra mega Active daily. But i too “forget” to take it when i am on vacay or not on my normal sched. even on the weekends. :( i need to work on that.

I was religious with my vitamins when I was pregnant but have totally fallen off the wagon. I should probably get back on top of that…

4. Jacinta W. says

Curious to know what thyroid supplement you take. I too deal with thyroid issues and am avoiding hormone medication like the plague; interested in more natural options.

5. Vernie says

Good job! :)

I’ve been doing pretty good job at avoiding junk food, fast food & processed foods. Although I think the people I work with are determined to sabotage my efforts by constantly bringing in sweets, pies, tarts, ect… But I’ve stayed strong. :)

I need to do better on my vitamins. I was taking a B12 supplement for awhile but ran out and haven’t picked anymore up. Shame on me.

I take a bunch of supplements, mainly for immune support, adrenal support and also fish oil, calcium, vitamin d & magnesium.

Nice job on your races! #4 and it’s not even February… awesome!

7. Emily says

I signed up for my first half today!!! BAA Distance Medley in Boston… 5K in April, 10K in June, Half-Mary in October! Excited to follow along with your 13/13/13 goal as I progress towards mine. My actual resolution was to get in control of my choices and make progress towards the lifestyle and body I desire! Signed up and treated myself to a Garmin Forerunner 10 too : )

I take prenatals (with my wine… haha), Vitamin C, and B6 (or a B Complex if I haven’t been eating meat.

When I’m on break next we should go to yoga together! I’ve only been to my studio, so I’m always curious about how other run their classes.

9. Wendy says

I take a once daily multivitamin, glucosamine w/chondroitin and krill oil everyday. I started adding a fresh juice to my lunch everyday since the end of November and I think all of the fresh vitamins and minerals have helped me avoid the petri dish of illnesses that my coworkers like to breed. I usually make a juice of beets w/the greens, kale, spinach, apple, carrot and ginger or kale, spinach, apple, carrot and lime. With back to back marathons and other races, I need to stay healthy!

I take a multi vitamin with iron and a healthy hair & nails vitamin (a B complex) every day. And I just recently looked at my multi and saw it contains folic acid too, yay for me! Love when I exert no extra effort on things and it works out well.

11. Poppy says

I take vitamins and supplements every day – about twice as many as you have in that picture. I have two weekly vitamin organizers since they don’t fit in one (you know, the kind old people use – I am 28 by the way and have been using them since I was 24 lol) that I use to keep myself on track. Every Sunday I refill them so I just need to pop them in my mouth every night with dinner. If I am going out, I will put them both in my purse. Hey, at least they are pink and purple, so they are somewhat stylish. My pledge to myself this year is to reach my goal weight. 50 pounds to go by December 31, 2013! After a hugely successful year last year, starting the year off right has been easy for the most part.

I am always going back and forth on whether I should be taking vitamins every day or not. I recently decided to take a calcium supplement since I learned that women continue to build bone density until they’re 30 (did you know that?!). I’m still on the fence about a general multivitamin though…if you have any thoughts on how you decided what to take, I’d love to hear them!

I’ve never heard of these but am now very interested! I am all about the gummies for vitamin intake–women’s multivitamin and calcium supplements when I need it.

My big health goal is to drink more water. I used to only have maybe a glass of water a day and usually at night but I am now making a serious effort to drink a full glass of water first thing in the morning, fill up my water bottle at work at least twice and then only drink water in the evenings. Been good so far!

I used to take a tone of vitamins but recently stopped because I was hearing mixed messages about them. For now I am trying to eat well to ensure I get my vitamins naturally through food. But I do pop some Vit. C and Omega 3s occasionally.

My healthy pledge for 2013 is to not beat myself up if I have a crazy eating day or decide not to workout when I’m scheduled too – I get too obsessed with having everything go as planned – that’s no way to live it up!

Same reply as in SR’s post: devoting more time to less strenous activities eg yoga and Pilates. I probably OD on supplements: multi-vit, Vit E, Evening Primrose Oil, Vit B, Calcium, Magnesium and CO-Q10. LOL!

My 2013 Healthy Pledge included more strength training and stretching. Sadly I haven’t been keeping up with that :(

But I’m happy to report that I am very good about taking my daily vitamins (multivitamin, glucosamine, Vitamin B12 & Vitamin D). I have one of those weekly pill boxes and that helps me to remember to take them.