Sunday Set Up Slacker

It’s Sunday night and I just realized I’m actually in town and should do a Sunday Set up to set myself up for a healthy, happy week…

especially because I ate sweet potato tots today. Busted. And oh so good.

image thumb11 Sunday Set Up Slacker

PSA: Sweet potato tots are seasonal at Sonic – get them NOW!

But instead of stocking up on groceries I visited my fam <3 image thumb12 Sunday Set Up Slacker

I’m going to hit the store with a list tomorrow at lunch. Dinner menu for the week:

• Monday – Rotisserie Chicken, asparagus & sweet potatoes
  • Tuesday – Turkey meatloaf
  • Wednesday – Leftovers of whatever’s around
  • Thursday – Eggizza
  • Friday – Salmon
  • Saturday – out?

we dont have menus Sunday Set Up Slacker

• Monday – easy 6 / 6 pack Level 2
  • Tuesday – 5 tempo HM pace
  • Wednesday – Strength/yoga
  • Thursday – 10 miles MGP
  • Friday – 6 pack Level 2
    Saturday – LR?

Question: Do you plan your meals for the week?

I usually eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch, but dinner is random unless I plan and shop for it.

Comments

1. Kim says

I usually plan my lunches because I eat them at school, and if I don’t I’ll just end up eating out. Sometimes I even cook everything on sunday so everything is ready and packed for the whole week. Dinners I don’t really have a plan for..

I’m gonna need in on that eggizza on Thursday..

I used to eat the same breakfast/lunch eeeeveryday..but these days, it’s a box of surprises. No plans..just winging it! ha!

3. Dana says

Ok….somebody fill me in, please. What is an eggizza? I’m all about eggs & pizza but can’t quite imagine what the combination looks like!!

I haven’t been planning my meals lately, but I’m going to try to get back into it! It’s so much easier just to spend a few minutes planning them out each week! I don’t spend near as much time standing in front of the fridge with the door open wondering what in the crap I can throw together!

I plan for dinner – we eat the same breakfast every day (but vary it week on week, otherwise it gets boring), and have leftovers for lunch. Gotta love leftovers!

I try to plan a couple weeks worth of options. I don’t have a set meal for a set day – just about 10-12 recipes that I know I have everything on hand for so I can pick each morning!

7. Tara says

I plan my meals B-either egg cassarole, cereal or oatmeal-anything quick and easy that I can eat before I head out; L-usually make a protein (chicken, turkey meatloaf with veggies/salad); dinners-I try to make something on Sunday that we can have for leftovers atleast 1x during the week (soup, chili, tacos etc).
    Sundays become a day of prepping and cooking and I love it. Although, I fear that when the nice weather comes, I will not be spending so much time indoor on Sunday prepping. We will see!

I definitely plan! I make a meal plan for the whole week, and on Sunday I do the shopping and food prepping.
    It definitely keeps me calm and helps me make the best choices for food!

I pretty much have to plan a few meals ahead of time, so I can get the stuff for it. Otherwise, it’s brinner every day, which I’d actually be okay with…

Can I tell you that it does make me feel better that you eat real food from real fast food places sometimes?! I also had sonic tots yesterday….with cheese, but I rationalized that this wasn’t THAT bad because I had those on the side of my 6 inch Subway sandwich loaded with veggies. =)

11. Jackie K says

Breakfast and lunches are usually close to being the same every day. I have to make a meal plan for dinners and make a list to go grocery shopping. If I don’t, I buy a lot of whatever is on an end cap and marshmallows.

P.S. Bunny shaped marshmallows are intrinsically more delicious than regular marshmallows.

12. Sarah says

I usually plan my dinners for the week, but breakfast and lunches are sorta random. If I don’t plan dinners then we end up eating out.

I use to be really good at meal planning (evening meals) but I’ve been so uninspired lately. Even going grocery shopping is a mindless chore. Breakfast is ALWAYS the same every day unless I’m not home and lunch is typically the same thing every day. I sound like such a snooze-fest. I need to at least get back to doing “new recipe” Sunday.