Peanut Protein Cookies Recipe

Over a year ago I announced I was on a mission to find the BEST chocolate chip cookie in the world. I packed up my stuff and set off on foot to find and eat the best cookies the world has to offer.

monica on the road for a cookie thumb Peanut Protein Cookies Recipe

Wait. Aren’t you coming with me?

on the hunt for a cookie thumb Peanut Protein Cookies Recipe

This is me in Panama eating a cookie for the cause. Man, life is tough.

salad and a cookie thumb Peanut Protein Cookies Recipe

Now I am still on the hunt for the best cookies – I love a gooey indulgent baked good! But I realize I can’t – or really shouldn’t eat them everyday. Since I don’t want to deny myself treats  I have been trying to cook bake up healthy cookie recipes to enjoy all the time.

This Peanut Butter Cookie recipe is super easy and healthy because I sub-ed out sugar for protein powder. I used my easy 3 Ingredient PB Cookie Recipe as inspiration. Added bonus: It makes a small batch so you aren’t left with 28 cookies!

IMG 20130409 125244 800x800 thumb Peanut Protein Cookies Recipe

Peanut Butter Protein Cookie Recipe

All you need are:

• 1/2 cup peanut butter (salted is my pick)
  • 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder*
  • 1 egg
  • Optional: 2 Tb of agave or honey if your powder isn’t very sweet

IMAG1259 thumb Peanut Protein Cookies Recipe

*Personally I prefer using whey when I bake. This protein powder is used in place of sugar so make sure you use one you think is sweet and like the taste of!

Direction: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients (it’s one egg the pic shows two). Drop spoonfuls of batter on cookie sheet. Press down in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until done. Eat. IMAG1255 800x450 thumb Peanut Protein Cookies Recipe

Yes, protein powder is processed, but my priorities for a healthy snack are that it has protein, fat and tastes good. Check, check and check!

Enjoy!

Comments

I don’t know if i’ve mentioned it yet but next time you’re in Santa Monica try the chocolate chip cookies at M Street Kitchen. They’re insane and I am a tough cookie critic (I mean, I like all cookies but I’m still critical of them).

2. Sarah says

I recently discovered that I can’t eat my favorite protein powder because it has free glutamates. Maybe I’ll use up the enormous tub baked into cookies like this and take them to work!

I cannot bake cookies. UGH! I can seriously cook/bake anything, but not cookies!!! They hate me, but that’s probably not a bad thing…

4. Melissa K. says

I have a random question… Do u have any idea how many calories u average in a normal day? Im struggling to figure out what a healthy goal is for me with an active lifestyle to lose a little weight in a healthy way… And yes i know it varies greatly from person to person, im just curious!

A LOT! I keep meaning to count calories for a few days so I can share it with everyone asking about my weight loss, but I haven’t yet. I would guess easily over 2000, but I really don’t know.

5. Stacey says

I love this recipe! I usually make the exact same but with splenda instead of protein powder. I love the protein powder idea a lot more than splenda! Thanks!! Also, I know some people are anti-PB2 but if I try it with that and you want to know how it turns out, I’ll let you know! It would be missing the healthy fats in the peanut butter, but I would feel a lot less guilty about eating all of them with PB2, lol.

Yeah, let me know so I can pass it on if you try it. But, I do powdered PB, just not PB2. Not my thang. Since it’s missing the fat make sure you spray the cookie sheet. These don’t stick because of the oil in the PB :)

6. mary says

If you’re ever in the ATL area let me know! I know a place with the best chocolate chip cookie ever!! had one today even

• Em says

Hey Sue have you ever tried Arbonne protein? Arbonne is a vegan certified health and wellness company that sells great protein powder!

I always thought that baking the whey powder is changing the protein structure and making it useless. Your post made me do a research … and I couldn’t find any scientific proofs :) So I guess it is OK.

I am starting to cook with protein as well in this case :)

• Courtney says

Yep, that’s a big fat myth. Think about it: if that were true than the protein in all of our food (accept sushi) would be useless too.

I also prefer soft and moist cookies. I would love to try this recipe and hopefully I will be successful since the recipe looks simple. Peanut butter is one of my favorite flavors and I can’t wait to try it!

Those look yummy! I have a hemp protein powder that I actually won off of SR and I think it has added sugar in it, kinda lame. You should try out coconut sugar, that stuff is delicious!

10. betty says

mmm.. these look good! prob even better with some dark choc chips on top! do you get that protein from costco?

11. Cassie says

I just posted a comment..but it said error?! I’m tempted to try these with chocolate protein powder bc I like that taste of it better than the vanillla one I have right now. Then it would be chocolate peanut butter protein cookies! YUM! Do you happen to know nutritional stats for it? Protein, fat, fiber, etc? Thanks girl! :)

Still totally healthy if you add the hershey kiss on top right? I love peanut butter and have a vanilla protein powder I love right now. Might have to make these. :)

Saw this pic on instagram and was instantly salivating for the recipe – double score when I came to find out that I already had all the ingredients I need on hand! Will DEFINITELY be whipping up a batch of these with dinner tonight, and I can only assume they’re as great as they look!

14. Rachel says

Those cookies were terrible, I have made many a protein baked good and I cannot find one that actually tastes good. Maybe I am just expecting too much, but anything I put protein powder in tastes awful. But I am going to press on until I find something delicious.

• Danielle says

I agree. I made them last night with reeeeally high hopes (and even added chocolate chips) and they were NOT. GOOD. I used my favorite whey protein powder and everything, and tried cooking one batch for 9 mins and 1 for 6 – both equally awful. Total bummer.

15. Jade says

I was reading all the comments, and was worried the cookie isn’t going to stay moist, how much of yogurt should I add and what kind of yogurt?

16. Kgagnier says

I just made these cookies and they were really dry and tasteless… Pretty disappointed since I have a friend who makes all kinds of goodies with protein powder and they are always moist and delicious. :(

17. BaronessHeather says

I just made these with chocolate protein powder, since that’s what I had on hand, and they fall into the “kinda tasteless” category for me too. They’re definitely not sweet enough to be called a cookie in my book, but if I think of them as a kind of energy bar, they’re not so bad. If I were to make them again, I’d add some stevia to make them sweeter and maybe that would bring out the flavor a bit more.

18. Bernice says

Made mine with Soy Protein Vanilla Shake Powder and they came out great. Considering the only ingredients are PNB, egg and powder they aren’t so bad. Mine were a bit crumbly but still list enough. When you are cutting sugar out of your diet anything even close to being sweet and dessert like tastes great. PNB is a great protein source with its own natural oil etc and the egg just adds even more protein. I like them.

19. Tiffany says

These made interesting pancakes xD
    I made them using pb2, and eyeballed everything pretty bad :/
    DO NOT USE PB2!
    On the positive side, I discovered a way to make flourless, easy pancakes ^^

It could be the loss of life of somebody near to somebody you know,
    this kind of as a buddy or co-employee. This printable project is great for more youthful kids.
    They should consider nothing at face worth.