Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

Hello! How was your day? Busy?

Yeah, Venus Williams and I were just talking about how busy we are this week…

IMAG2194 450x800 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

Ha! Isn’t that ridiculous that I met her?!

Yes. I met Venus Williams at the Jamba Juice Fit Trends event in Santa Monica today. For those that don’t know I LOVE the Williams sisters. Back in 2010 I wrote a post about my Fitness Idols and named them wlEmoticon smile6 Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

So, when I was invited to this event I kinda freaked out because I was so excited to actually meet one of my favorite athletes ever! AH! I still can’t believe it.

Jamba Juice organized a “Fit Trends Expo” today at the Annenberg Community Beach House in Santa Monica

IMAG2211 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus WilliamsIMAG2169 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

The event featured a lot of popular and up and coming exercise trends. We did short mini-classes of everything from Broadway Bodies to Physique 57.

IMAG2174 450x800 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

And to start the day the infamous Cassie from Blogilates taught a class.

IMAG2145 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus WilliamsIMAG2141 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

It was super cool to meet her and she’s even more adorable in person!

If you’re not already familiar, Blogilates does a ton of great exercise videos on Youtube and teaches classes in LA.

IMAG2173 450x800 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

I think my favorite mini-workout session of the day was the Bokwa session. It’s like dancing to letters – as in you trace or dance the shape of the letters with your steps. I caught on super fast to this one for some reason (cough Latin rhythm cough I got it!).

IMAG2148 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

It’s funny to see a lot of people step back when we start doing dance classes and I go to the front, then it was time for Crossfit and I went to the back. No thanks, not my thing.

IMAG2142 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus WilliamsIMAG2138 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

In addition to the exercise classes every time we had a break there were Jamba Juice smoothies to try!

IMAG2160 450x800 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

They had two flavors each break! I tried all of them including their new smoothies with vegetable juice in them.

IMAG2149 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus WilliamsIMAG2152 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus WilliamsIMAG2155 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus WilliamsIMAG2161 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

I don’t know if I ever told you guys this but my old lil Echo car had a “Powered by Jamba Juice” license plate holder. I used to be obsessed with Jamby. I still love it.

I had some of the Jamba Juice oatmeal during one of the breaks. I love steel cut oats so much more than rolled, just don’t take the time to make it.

IMAG2179 450x800 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

Throwback Thursday – I reviewed the Jamba Juice oatmeal 4 years ago when it first came out! Ha. What a dork wlEmoticon smile6 Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

Mr. P90x himself aka Tony Horton gave us some exercise tips and a little show too!

IMAG2164 450x800 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

IMAG2165 450x800 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

The last session was a mini-class by Venus Williams’ trainer.

IMAG2186 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

Then it was time for lunch!

IMAG2197 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus WilliamsIMAG2200 800x450 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus WilliamsIMAG2202 450x800 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

And I asked Venus Williams, “What do you eat before a tennis match? And what do you eat during to keep your endurance up?”

Her answer…(At 1:06 in the video)

“It’s like a 3 hour match. You run out of gas…it’s just not being prepared, it’s inappropriate actually. I try to be appropriate on the court at all times.”

I am happy.

IMG 20130425 140600 800x800 thumb Jamba Juice Fitrends Expo with Venus Williams

Question: Who is your fitness idol?

Comments

I know this is catty, but I’m kind of glad you don’t like crossfit- I’m sick of everyone shoving it down my throat. I would have laughed so hard if I met Tony Horton. My husband does the p90x workouts and I make fun of his directions and silly sayings (especially during the ab workout). I’d say I probably love Kara Goucher- she’s so resilient! And seems so sweet, too.

Such an awesome event! I love that you love Venus Williams. She’s even more fit and beautiful looking “in person” versus on TV while tiny and playing tennis! ;) Love her hair.

I met Tony Horton recently for the Beach Body Coaching kick off event in Canada here in Calgary. I LOVED the workout with him and afterward we got to hang out and chat as people asked questions and he shared lots of info. For as kind of full of himself as he is and funny, he’s also at the same time down to earth, approachable and all about being fit for life; I love that! I like him now way more than I did when I was doing P90X…crazy how that can change when you meet a person.

I’d love to meet Bob Harper a la you or StuftMama and also think Todd Durkin (met him at IHRSA in Vegas this year) is pretty legit. :)

This looks so fun!! I love the little asian! (Cassie lol)
    Her workouts kill me but she’s just so darn cute!
    All these great events you go to make me want to move
    to Cali!
    I don’t really have a fitness idol I don’t think
    hmmmmmmm now I must find one lol.
    I never really noticed how tall Venus is.
    O_O

I lied. I do have a fitness idol. I’ve developed a true love for Jillian Michaels after watching this past season of Biggest Loser!

5. Becca says

This is super cool and makes me wish I lived in SoCal. NYC seems so lame in comparison! Lol I kid. But still sounds awesome.

6. Mia says

Oh man. That sounds like my dream day. Lots of different exercise classes with smoothies in between, yes please. I think Jillian Michales is my fitness idol.

OMG HOW COOL! I’m so jealous that you got to meet Venus and Tony!
    It would be pretty awesome to meet Tony Horton or Shaun-T, considering that I love the P90X and Insanity videos!

That’s a good question. I never really had one. Which may explain why it took until my 30s for me to really get in to exercise. I’d say the bloggers I read are my idols because I can see how they fit exercise in to normal life.

I was looking for health related website to review many issue. Now I’ve found your blog site with lots of amazing information. You did really excellent work. I’ll read your blog regular basis.

I love P90X so I’m kinda jealous you saw Tony Horton. I would love to meet him and Bob Harper. I’d also be interested in meeting Chalene Johnson. She started my very favorite workout class, TurboKick. She’s also a part of Beachbody. I love things put out by Beachbody.

That’s awesome you got to meet your idol! And the Jamba Juice Oatmeal looks delicious! Too bad we don’t have one around here :(

I would love to meet Jillian Michaels. I’ve done about all of her exercise videos before I started running last year.

My fitness Idol is Brittany Palmer. A UFC Ring girl. She’s very into health, not starving herself and she’s an amazing artist. Not to mention… She copied my tattoo and has a round face like me… So obviously I’m her idol as well.

13. Nicole @ FruitnFitness says

I saw the picture on Instagram, how cool! I think it would be so fun to go and learn about/try some of the popular new exercises.

I’m so jelly, I would have loved to meet Tony and Venus! Haha that reminds me, when I go running in the park, I frequently see this guy that looks like Shaun-T, and in my mind, he’s Shaun-T.

15. Alissa M. says

Eeee!! I would have been so excited–I am a huge tennis fan, and how can you not love Vee?! This event looks like it would have been so much fun…I love learning about new classes/types of workouts. I am with you, not into the Crossfit thing.
    No fitness idol, sorry :) I do respect how hard many athletes train and prepare though, especially when they have health issues to overcome like Venus does!

16. Tara says

What a fun day! I also Love the Venus girls, so atheltic, focused and nice!
    I would want to meet Tosca Reno, she is my hero/role model.
    And also Bob Harper!

OMGggggggg. You just lived my PERRFECT day. I’m beyond jelly. Why did you not tell me you were doing this…..I would have flown into town and gone with you?!!

Sounds like such a fun day – all of the workouts would be really neat. I would be at the back on anything dancy/rhythm related!! Is Tony Horton as goofy in person as he is when he does P90X?
    I would love to meet Shaun T (without his shirt for sure!) and Chalean Johnson.

19. Denise P. says

Kara Goucher is definitely the athlete I look up to the most. I freaked out when I got to meet we at Nike Women’s marathon expo. I’ve never smiled as big as I did in that picture.

Venus looks great!

20. Karin says

What an awesome day! I would love to meet Tony Horton. Other people get annoyed by his sillyness in the videos but I found it made them easier. It wasn’t at all what I was expecting when I bought P90x.

Ok, that looks like one of the most fun days, EVER. I can’t believe you got to meet Cassie and Venus. Did you get to touch her hair? I didn’t say that.

Kara Goucher is hands down my fitness idol! The woman is a machine. She comes back from injuries stronger than before. I am crazy about her. I have almost every magazine she has been on, including both Runner’s Worlds for this month. I about fainted when she favorited a tweet of mine this week.

What a yummy event!

I don’t know that I have a fitness idol. I do admire Fauja Singh for his marathon running at 101 years old. That, to me, is worthy of admiration.

24. Shannon in Tustin says

Don’t know if I have a fitness idol, but I am in AWE of how tall, fit and muscular Venus is — wowzers!

You’re no slouch, either, Monican. ;)

Looks like a beautiful day in Sunny So Cal!

This looks like a ton of fun! What is in that cup? It doesn’t look like oatmeal it kind of looks like cinnamon covered ghnocci (yum?). My fitness idol is my mom- she’s 54 and does CrossFit 3 times a week and runs 3 times a week and keeps a positive attitude the entire time.

I would say that my fitness idol is Chrissie Wellington. Hellooooo – four time Ironman Champion! I just met Kara at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Country Music Marathon Expo in Nashville, TN this past weekend. She was the nicest ever!!!