Blueberry Pie Smoothie Recipe

Today is National Blueberry Pie day!

And since I love any excuse to eat dessert I baked a whole pie to celebrate.

Not really, I’m not into making pies. Just making jokes.

pie chart literally thumb Blueberry Pie Smoothie Recipe

(image source)

But I do LOVE smoothies. All of them.

Especially ones with alcohol. Just saying. smoothies with alcohol are best thumb Blueberry Pie Smoothie Recipe

Okay, now I’m completely off topic and want a mimosa.

Anyway – here is a Blueberry Pie Smoothie Recipe so you can celebrate the day but don’t have to try and make a pie crust from scratch.

Blueberry Pie Smoothie Recipe  thumb Blueberry Pie Smoothie Recipe

Blueberry Pie Smoothie Recipe

• 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 6 oz. blueberry yogurt
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 3 ice cubes (more for a thicker smoothie)
  • 1 packet sugar / sugar substitute of your choice <- If your blueberries are super sweet you might be able to skip this, but I needed it.
  • handful spinach or 1/4c frozen spinach IMAG2354 800x450 thumb Blueberry Pie Smoothie Recipe

Step 1: Place oats and milk in a container for 5 minutes to soften oats. healthy blueberry pie smoothie recipe  thumb Blueberry Pie Smoothie Recipe

Step 2: Pour everything, including milk/oats into blender. Blend.

Yes, put the spinach in it. I swear you don’t taste it and I have a lot of people that backed me up on that post.

Step 3: Drink. Chug chug chug.

IMG 20130428 121458 800x800 thumb Blueberry Pie Smoothie Recipe

Question: Is it smoothie season where you live yet?

It’s 80 degrees here today wlEmoticon smile8 Blueberry Pie Smoothie Recipe

Comments

I think this would be even better with protein powder! I just have been using so much of it lately I thought you guys were sick of my pro-protein powder recipes :) Ha.

not smoothie season here yet..we are to almost hit 80 on Tuesday and possibly get more snow the following week. Blah. I am over winter. I am still waiting for leaves on the trees

I’m really trying to make more time in the AM for a breakfast smoothie. I love to add oat bran to a smoothie for a little extra staying power.

It may not be 80 degrees here today, it may only be starting to show signs of spring and the sun may decide to come and go in minute by minute increments, but I love a good smoothie. And if you want to add a splash of alcohol to that, well, I wouldn’t mind. ;)

Oh man, I just had a smoothie with orange, pineapple, and spinach. I wish I saw this recipe first. It looks so yummy and I have most of the ingredients.

And I drink smoothies basically year-round. Though peak smoothie-consumption time is May through September.

Love smoothies and pie so a blueberry pie smoothie sounds so good! I am all about smoothies in the warmer summer months. My smoothies never turn out a pretty color, probably because I add random fruits and spinach.

I was gonna say that! Chia seeds are my fav – I sprinkle them on my PB toasts or rice cakes or crackers.

I’m not much of a smoothie fan and I think it’s smoothie all year round if the weather is the barometer of when to have them.

7. Jillian says

Oh man, that sounds so good. I’m up in Norcal and i’m not sure how hot it is down South right now, but we’re looking at a week straight of mid to high 80′s (boo!) so I will definitely be making this at least once to get my mind off the heat. Thanks for the idea!

That sounds awesome! It reminds me of a pudding I made once, which could easily be turned into a smoothie: Chia seeds soaked until they become a gel, coconut, blueberries and soaked pecans (or almonds/cashews!) and then blended until smooth, poured and then refrigerated so it sets a little. Yummm.

It is getting to the temperature where we can enjoy icy drinks and I am so looking forward to it. The blueberries are my favorite… as well as coconut and mangoes.

10. Tara says

Is that picture of you with the Pina Colada taken at the White Witch-Rose Hall in Jamaica? It looks very familiar!

Its starting to get nice in the mornings (and not freezing) so I am excited to get back to my AM smoothies!

I noticed while browsing the internet many, many people are juicing or making smoothies – I must try some they look so good…It is the blueberries that tempt me.

I wondered what would make this a “blueberry pie” smoothie instead of just a blueberry smoothie but its probably the added thickness and flavor from the oats soaked in milk. Sounds delish! And you’re right about not being able to taste a handful of greens in a fruit smoothie.

13. Annemarie/Carmie says

Oops! I meant to write above that it was 14 degrees last night when my running group did our hills. So, it’s hot chocolate season! But i could probably enjoy that smoothie if I leave out the ice!