Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

Hello! This morning I did an easy 5 miler with my brain movies. It was nice wlEmoticon smile1 Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

IMAG2537 450x800 thumb Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

And I ate food.

Then I got my eyebrows threaded. I do threading instead of waxing because otherwise I look like the flying tomato for 3 days. I think threading hurts more than waxing, but you gotta do what you gotta do.IMG 20130501 152146 800x800 thumb Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

Tonight’s dinner featured Skinny Noodles. The company sent me a big stash of them recently. It’s been a long time since I had Shirataki noodles and these are basically the same thing.

They are zero calorie noodles! Isn’t that crazy? I think they’re made of unicorn meat and organic oxygen. IMAG2548 450x800 thumb Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

I knew from experience that it’s important to rinse them very well before cooking with them. So, I rinsed them thoroughly and then patted dry with a paper towel.

Then, I added them to my chicken in peanut sauce stir-fry and mixed it all up. It was delicious!!!

IMAG2569 800x450 thumb Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Konnyaku Glucomannan and Calcium Hydroxide
Product of U.S.A.

nutrition info for low carb noodles thumb Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

I’m A-okay with the consistency, I think that’s the only odd thing for someone that’s used to ‘normal’ rice noodles. These noodles are best used as a replacement for Asian type dishes more than Italian noodle dishes.

Peanut Sauce Recipe:

• 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2 TB. Sriracha
  • 1 packet stevia(or your fave sweetener)  OR 1 Tb. agave/maple syrup
  • 1 TB. soy sauce or liquid aminos
  • 4-5 TB hot water <- I was cooking rice noodles too and used the boiling water from that. Add  more water for thinner sauce.

IMAG2551 800x450 thumb Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

Mix it up. Eat it up. The end.

IMAG2569 800x450 thumb1 Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

Today I wore my new favorite shirt and put it on Instagram because I’ve recently come to realize that beauty and fashion bloggers get the mean hookup in blogland.

image thumb Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

So, I’m thinking about switching to be a fashion blogger. Just need to figure out who to work yoga pants into every style trend post… i am one fashionable motherfucker Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

Okay maybe not.

dont try it fashion blogger thumb Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

See ya later!

pin it button Easy Peanut Sauce Recipe

Comments

I put that little part about not using it in Italian dishes because I don’t think it works well as ‘real’ spaghetti (especially for first time users). What kind of sauce do you use?

Well, Italian dishes are the best with real pasta obviously, but if you’re trying to cut the calories on a classic marinara, what I do is:

1. Rinse the skinny noodles
        2. Saute the skinny noodles on low heat in olive oil.
        3. Add marinara to the saute-ing noodles, keep tossing.
        4. Add grated parmesan, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, 1-2 tsp of Cholula, salt & pepper, and keep mixing.
        5. Use scissors to cut the noodles up as they cook (because they often clump up)
        6. Add marinara as needed.
        7. Plate & eat!

I think the extra cooking & flavoring really enhances the taste and texture, and although it’ll never be just like the real stuff, it’s a great calorie-cutting substitute!

I am totally interesting in those noodles (or noodle impostors). If I see them in stores, I’ll have to try it! And thanks for the peanut sauce recipe. I love spicy peanut sauce.

That final meal looks so good! I make a stir fry kind of like that, but I am going to have to try those noodles and that peanut sauce! Thanks for the recipe!

3. Ida says

I like to boil those noodles for a few minutes and then melt in some laughing cow cheese- it makes an awesome alfredo.

To say I’m skeptical about 0 cal noodles would be an understatement. :-) But, I think I’ll have to track some down and give ‘em a shot.

Your peanut sauce looks great.

Interesting noodles. I love peanut sauce with Asian noodles. True story. I made a large batch of a similar recipe for dinner one night. I ate it all before my husband got home. Embarrassing.

So true on the fashion blogger thing – if you check out the top sites on bloglovin – all fashion! Weird!!!
    I would much rather read fitness stuff and see people in cute workout clothes (makes me feel like less of a slob knowing other people might sort-of live in yoga pants, too).

I’ve seen these noodles at Whole Foods. Don’t know if I want to drop $3 on a bag of calorie-less noodles, though :\

And I totally saw a runner wearing that Los Angeles shirt yesterday in the park! (I’m in St. Louis)

I have a bunch of NoOodles that I still need to finish up. Rinsing them is a definite must. They smell so grodey otherwise!

I started soaking the noodles overnight in milk and that took away most of the odor – I read about it online – now I have to do it or they gross me out. My husband can’t stand them because of the texture. It takes some getting used to, but when you’re hungry, they do the trick!

10. Nikki says

Any idea if Trade Joe’s or Whole foods or any chains carry this brand of noodles? Now I need to try..I just read online some Asian markets may carry similar noodles.

11. Sara Kolpek says

Yum!!! I think this sauce could be very versatile. Can’t wait to try it. And I’m glad I’m not the only one who wears yoga pants daily while working from home. :)