Workout Motivation Monday and Mini Goals

Hello! How are you today?

I am feeling great considering I ran 30 miles on Saturday. My quads are a bit sore when I sit down and my left baby cow is tight. I need a massage so bad.

Yesterday I kept it super chill and just did some laundry (hello my ultra clothes were filthy) and grocery shopping.

image thumb21 Workout Motivation Monday and Mini Goals

Then, I went to the mall to find a dress for my brother’s wedding that is TODAY! Ahhh!

I am giving myself another rest day after the race so I did a 3 mile walk this morning to keep from getting tight. If today isn’t your rest day here some Workout Motivation for ya. This sign was hanging on the aid station tent at the ultra marathon:

Workout Motivation Monday

IMAG3719 450x800 thumb Workout Motivation Monday and Mini Goals

I think the theme of my weekend fuel was “eat all the things”. Today it’s time to get back on track so here are my mini-goals for the week:

1. Monday – Friday: Eat clean. I’ll have a piece of wedding cake because it’s a once in a lifetime kinda event, but that’s it for the sweets.

2. Planned snacks, no snacking. I have a new protein powder I am hoping is going to be amazing and I want to use that for one of my snacks.

3. Strength train 2x times this week.

A few of you asked where I got my Suck it Up Buttercup tee – super appropriate for this weekend, right?

image23 Workout Motivation Monday and Mini Goals

Anyway, it’s from Gymdoll.

Question: What are your goals for the week?

pin it button Workout Motivation Monday and Mini Goals

Comments

The girlfriend and I are also trying to nix sweets M-F. We stocked up on fruit, veg, and hummus at the grocery store. Any tips on getting through the morning sans-sugar would be well-received.

Hope your post-race soreness goes away soon. I think “eat all the things” is a noble pre- and post-race goal. :) Good luck with your clean eating goals! I also need to get my clean eating back on track this week. More fruits, veggies, and lean protein for this girl!

My goal is mainly to be more awesome than last week. Shouldn’t be hard since last week’s level of awesome was low, at best. Also, I’m going to try to get a few spin classes in this week and refocus on core work.

Awesome job with your race!

My goal for the week… ACL surgery TOMORROW. So the goal is to not get angry about the state I am in after and to try and stay positive and focus on healing and not on the fact that my waist will probably expand.

Sigh.

My goal for the week is to get cleared to run again at my Dr. appt tonight, and then get back to normal training hours without overdoing it. Congrats to your brother! :)

6. Becky says

My goal is to eat healthy! I have eaten cake and dessert every day for the last 5 days! Oops. Have you been trying to avoid snacks or just plan for them? You look great!

My goals for the week are no snacking, healthy meals, and strength training too! I’m going home this weekend for the first time since november and I want to be able to kick back and eat all the tasty chicago foods that they dont have in socal

8. LeAnn says

And I ate EVERYTHING for two days. So my goal today is get the heck back on track. Totally clean!

9. Sarah G. says

Love that shirt!

This past weekend was my anniversary so I also ate all the things. My goals for this week are to get back on track with food, crosstrain 2x/week and focus on water!

My goal this week is to start a higher-protein diet (with the help of an RD). You mentioned a new protein powder… any chance you’d consider doing a post on protein powder, reviewing them, etc? I know my way around protein bars, but no clue where to start when shopping for powder!

My goals are to unpack all my stuff that I brought back home from college and eat better this week (I’ve been indulging all last week, partying everyday and celebrating my graduation!)

12. Catherine says

Congrats on the 50K – amazing!

I loved your tank – did it run true to size? I am 34C size 6 – high side of small, low side of medium. Was there shrinkage?

Thanks

13. Danielle says

My goal is to get in a couple quality runs before my half marathon next week! Eek! I really want that PR. :)

In love with that tank! What size did you get?

Don’t be a wussy and get a long run in either on Friday or Saturday (Friday’s a public holiday for us). Long runs scare me, especially when I run with a group coz sometimes I feel I’m holding the group back. And, no I can’t really run by myself – coz I’ll probably end up cutting it short.

Come join me in my journey to lose weight! Enjoying great motivation from a social environment and the possibility of earning a little cash in the process are only a couple of the reasons Aimee’s DietBet is the perfect compliment to your weight loss regimen. :) http://bit.ly/164nCJH

i haven’t thought of making a weekly goal until right now. i think mine is no booze until friday! i’ve been on vacay and drinking abouuuutttt half a bottle of wine daily for the past 15 days. probably should tone it down by now…

Did a 1/2 on Satruday and was disappointd in my time but since its Memorial Weekend coming up and I’ll basically do NO form of exercise I want to bust it out this week! I want to get a long run in Friday. Training for a full after that – its my first in Oct and I am a mess thinking about it! http://www.colorushealthy.com

Yayyy I finally ccaught back up on your posts after being so busy the past few weeks! You have done so much! Congrats on your ultra!

I hope you’re going to take more than a day off to rest chicka…don’t want you burning out ok?

And your brother’s wedding looked lovely. I’ve been to that church for another wedding before :)