Random Running Blog

I have a million things I keep meaning to share with you but then I forget because I’m spaztastic. So, this is a mish-mash of all those Running / Eating / Other related things…

1. I want churro cereal. Should I get it? Vote Yes or Yes.

image thumb31 Random Running Blog

2. Free 5k in San Antonio. There is an awesome FREE family fitness program in San Antonio. If you are in the area – check it out.

image thumb32 Random Running Blog

3. Race to Rebuild – athletes are raising money to help Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts. image thumb33 Random Running Blog

4. At the RRCA coaching cert class I met a few guys that are coaches for an addiction recovery team training for the LA Marathon. I think it’s a great cause and I love using running as a tool for recovery.

This ultra marathoner is using running in the same way – Walter Barrera’s 12 Million Step Recovery Program

5. I’m cooking up a turkey meatloaf for dinner. It smells delicious in there!

6. I’m growing a tomato! So excited about this wlEmoticon smile9 Random Running Blog

my little tomato 800x450 thumb Random Running Blog

I went to the garden store this weekend and want all the fruit trees. I want to be a farmer!

plants 800x800 thumb Random Running Blog

im the plantsecutioner Random Running Blog

7. I got Yogurtland as an afternoon snack.

Okay see ya later!

pin it button Random Running Blog

Comments

1. Jenn says

I have that cereal in my cabinet right now. It’s amazing – buy more than one box at a time! Only one of the grocery store chains in Austin carries it, so I may prefer to shop there for that reason alone sometimes…

Yes, yes, yes to Churro cereal!!
    #4. So cool. I also love when people use running or any form of physical activity as a way to recover from addictions.
    I always grow tomatoes for my husband (I don’t like them) but I haven’t gotten around to buying or planting any yet. I better get on it!

yay for growing a tomato, we are trying to grow tomatoes, herbs and cucumbers on our deck. We have an overhang, so getting sunlight is a challenge.

I have a strange obsession with fruit trees and would LOVE to have one in my yard in my lifetime. However, I live in Wisconsin, and that limits the options. Also, fruit trees, at least the ones that can grow here, are messy. I am always so jealous when you talk about your mom’s avocado tree.
    Good luck in your quest in being a farmer :)

5. Nikki says

I have had it before and I think it’s more of a once a year type cereal. My favorite is Cinnamon Burst Cheerios.

I told my 86 year old neighbor, as she carefully tended to her perfect garden and front yard, that I kill everything I touch.
    She responded… “Well stay the hell away from me then!”
    Oh she’s a funny one.

7. Gillian says

I think the cereal will be disappointing and probably needs to come with a free insulin injection for the diabetes it will give you. If you want a churro go eat a real one! I’m all for real treats in moderation but eating clean 80-90% of the time. Just finished the China Study and now reading Omnivore’s dilemma and am blown away by our industrial food system. It makes me not want to eat anything! Ignorance really is bliss sometimes.

I would vote “no” for the Churro cereal, I don’t like Churros. My sugary cereal of choice is Blueberry Frosted Mini-Wheats :)
    I love the “Race to Rebuild”! I live in NJ and while a lot of damage has been repaired, there are reminders everyday of Sandy.
    I have a tomato plant that has yet to show signs of any tomatoes. We also bought a Cherry Tree and it is not very healthy due to Spider mites (yuck!)

Love the random thoughts :)