Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

Hello from New York!

IMAG5278 450x800 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

I know I’ve been traveling a ton lately, but I never take it for granted. I am very very excited to be here! I am very thankful and realize it’s a big deal to get these opportunities…

Here is my day in a nutshell / blog post:

After a 3am wake up call I somehow made it to LAX in time to catch a 6am flight. I wore my comfies = new Target hoodie. Have you entered the giveaway?

IMAG5218 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

I packed oatmeal and protein powder to make at the airport. Plus a ton of cinnamon, I should take the cinnamon challenge soon.

IMAG5212 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

The flight was uneventful. No internet so I started reading a book. That’s a big deal.

Snacks on the ride to the hotel:

IMAG5236 450x800 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

This hotel is ridiculous. It’s super super nice! I know I travel a lot, but this is sick.

IMAG5245 800x450 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

I’m pretty sure I’m not fancy enough to be here. Don’t tell anyone or they’re gonna kick me out.

IMAG5249 450x800 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

I had just enough time to check a few emails and then do a quick makeover to go to dinner…

IMAG5252 450x800 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

IMAG5251 800x450 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

We went to Benihanas! I had never been there so I was super excited. I think of it as a place you go for a celebration.

Tonight I was celebrating life, liberty and the pursuit!

IMAG5253 800x450 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

IMAG5257 800x450 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

IMAG5258 800x450 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

IMAG5262 800x450 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

IMAG5265 800x450 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

Apparently, I eat red meat now.

I mean, I’ve been down with red meat for a while now, but this is kinda my first time ordering it versus stealing a bite from a dining partner. This is a big deal.

IMAG5270 800x450 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

After dinner we headed to the big event of the night – a broadway show! That’s a big deal!

Along the way…

IMAG5279 800x450 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

IMAG5284 450x800 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

We went to see The Lion King!! My mom has been wanting to see this for years. I wish I coulda snuck her in…

IMAG5291 450x800 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

IMAG5294 450x800 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

IMAG5297 800x450 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

IMAG5300 450x800 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

IMG950413 800x800 thumb Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

Okay. I will see you later!

Comments

I hope one day I’m blessed to be able to travel like you! I’m never been to benihanas either just places similar to it! Everytime I go to new York I always say I want to see the lion king! Did u enjoy it? I mean of course u did, it’s the Lion King lol

2. Ellie says

Looks like fun!!! I am a long time reader and really admire the openness of your blog. I’m also a flight attendant for US Airways and I was in LAX yesterday! If you ever have a random FA run up to you in an airport during your travels don’t worry I just get pumped to see blog celebs! Enjoy your time in NYC!

Eek!! I was just there last week!! What an amazing place to visit :) We went to the show Rock of Ages and it was unbelievable! Lion King is next on the list to see :) Hope you’re having an amazing time!

The Lion Kind was the first broadway show I ever saw – I think I was in 2nd grade – and it’s still my absolute favorite. I’ve been thinking about getting tickets to take my fiance since he’s never been to one! I think I know what hotel you’re in, but not positive…I’m curious!?

Just found your blog! I miss Cali – and Benihana’s!!! It’s awesome. I lived in Cali for a long time before ending up on the other coast. I write a fitness blog too – The Gym Bunny. It’s newly launched, so I hope you’ll follow back and support! I also write a style blog, Style Oyster. Glad to have found you!

haha!! I just had to read through the comments because I wanted to see if anyone else noticed!! It looks like he’s wearing bunny ears too?? lol…. only in NY! ;)

I was just there (for the very first time) June 8th & 9th. We went to see Wicked. One of the most amazing experiences of my life. First time seeing a Broadway show ON Broadway. Finally finished blogging about it last night.

7. Denise says

Jealous !! I am originally from NYC and wish I could get back to visit more… Enjoy!! Question for ya, what are you eating for a snack on the ride to the hotel??? I’m always looking for tasty new snacks that travel well. Thanks. Enjoy your trip!!!

You pack oatmeal for the airport? Such a good idea. I’ve never thought of that. I’m assuming you just finish someplace to give you some hot water? I always eat terrible when I’m on the road. Do you have time for a post on any other food related travel tips???? Enjoy your trip!

A) I am obsessed with those places where they have the stoves in front of you and make onion volcanos, plus the food is good.
    B) The lion king rocks.
    Have a fun rest of your trip!

10. Ella says

Hee hee, you’re in NYC and you ate at Benihana, of all the places to go?!?! It’s a press junket tho, I understand how those things go (having worked in PR in NYC for 5 years myself.. but never actually going to Benihana, so I guess I shouldn’t knock it since I haven’t tried it!)

I’m glad you’re having fun in NYC! It’s a beautiful city. I’m actually going there on Tuesday and I have a painfully early flight as well ;) The Lion King was one of my favorite Broadway shows. I saw it about 8 years ago.

I’m new to living on the east coast and took a trip to NYC in January — just as they got the UNUSUAL cold front! It was painful to be outside. We took a stroll (with frozen feet) through central park and I was very envious of the people that get to use that beautiful area as their “running place”!

Be safe out there!

I love me some Benehana’s or similar. I love the soup too..not the salad though.

Have fun. Ask for some coupons for you to share with us not so fortunate to go. :)

I have an irrational love of sabra and I’m happy to say I passed it along to my daughter, she has been eating hummus since she was 3 years old. At first it was the only healthy thing she would eat!

I have always dreamed of going to NYC but I haven’t made it there yet. It looks amazing though!