Live From New Yorks It’s Run Eat Repeat!

Hello from New York!

IMAG5278 (450x800)

I know I’ve been traveling a ton lately, but I never take it for granted. I am very very excited to be here! I am very thankful and realize it’s a big deal to get these opportunities…

Here is my day in a nutshell / blog post:

After a 3am wake up call I somehow made it to LAX in time to catch a 6am flight. I wore my comfies = new Target hoodie. Have you entered the giveaway?

IMAG5218

I packed oatmeal and protein powder to make at the airport. Plus a ton of cinnamon, I should take the cinnamon challenge soon.

IMAG5212

The flight was uneventful. No internet so I started reading a book. That’s a big deal.

Snacks on the ride to the hotel:

IMAG5236 (450x800)

This hotel is ridiculous. It’s super super nice! I know I travel a lot, but this is sick.

IMAG5245 (800x450)

I’m pretty sure I’m not fancy enough to be here. Don’t tell anyone or they’re gonna kick me out.

IMAG5249 (450x800)

I had just enough time to check a few emails and then do a quick makeover to go to dinner…

IMAG5252 (450x800)

IMAG5251 (800x450)

We went to Benihanas! I had never been there so I was super excited. I think of it as a place you go for a celebration.

Tonight I was celebrating life, liberty and the pursuit!

IMAG5253 (800x450)

IMAG5257 (800x450)

IMAG5258 (800x450)

IMAG5262 (800x450)

IMAG5265 (800x450)

Apparently, I eat red meat now.

I mean, I’ve been down with red meat for a while now, but this is kinda my first time ordering it versus stealing a bite from a dining partner. This is a big deal.

IMAG5270 (800x450)

After dinner we headed to the big event of the night – a broadway show! That’s a big deal!

Along the way…

IMAG5279 (800x450)

IMAG5284 (450x800)

We went to see The Lion King!! My mom has been wanting to see this for years. I wish I coulda snuck her in…

IMAG5291 (450x800)

IMAG5294 (450x800)

IMAG5297 (800x450)

IMAG5300 (450x800)

IMG950413 (800x800)

Okay. I will see you later!

Comments

I hope one day I’m blessed to be able to travel like you! I’m never been to benihanas either just places similar to it! Everytime I go to new York I always say I want to see the lion king! Did u enjoy it? I mean of course u did, it’s the Lion King lol

2. Ellie says

Looks like fun!!! I am a long time reader and really admire the openness of your blog. I’m also a flight attendant for US Airways and I was in LAX yesterday! If you ever have a random FA run up to you in an airport during your travels don’t worry I just get pumped to see blog celebs! Enjoy your time in NYC!

Eek!! I was just there last week!! What an amazing place to visit :) We went to the show Rock of Ages and it was unbelievable! Lion King is next on the list to see :) Hope you’re having an amazing time!

The Lion Kind was the first broadway show I ever saw – I think I was in 2nd grade – and it’s still my absolute favorite. I’ve been thinking about getting tickets to take my fiance since he’s never been to one! I think I know what hotel you’re in, but not positive…I’m curious!?

Just found your blog! I miss Cali – and Benihana’s!!! It’s awesome. I lived in Cali for a long time before ending up on the other coast. I write a fitness blog too – The Gym Bunny. It’s newly launched, so I hope you’ll follow back and support! I also write a style blog, Style Oyster. Glad to have found you!

haha!! I just had to read through the comments because I wanted to see if anyone else noticed!! It looks like he’s wearing bunny ears too?? lol…. only in NY! ;)

I was just there (for the very first time) June 8th & 9th. We went to see Wicked. One of the most amazing experiences of my life. First time seeing a Broadway show ON Broadway. Finally finished blogging about it last night.

7. Denise says

Jealous !! I am originally from NYC and wish I could get back to visit more… Enjoy!! Question for ya, what are you eating for a snack on the ride to the hotel??? I’m always looking for tasty new snacks that travel well. Thanks. Enjoy your trip!!!

You pack oatmeal for the airport? Such a good idea. I’ve never thought of that. I’m assuming you just finish someplace to give you some hot water? I always eat terrible when I’m on the road. Do you have time for a post on any other food related travel tips???? Enjoy your trip!

A) I am obsessed with those places where they have the stoves in front of you and make onion volcanos, plus the food is good.
    B) The lion king rocks.
    Have a fun rest of your trip!

10. Ella says

Hee hee, you’re in NYC and you ate at Benihana, of all the places to go?!?! It’s a press junket tho, I understand how those things go (having worked in PR in NYC for 5 years myself.. but never actually going to Benihana, so I guess I shouldn’t knock it since I haven’t tried it!)

I’m glad you’re having fun in NYC! It’s a beautiful city. I’m actually going there on Tuesday and I have a painfully early flight as well ;) The Lion King was one of my favorite Broadway shows. I saw it about 8 years ago.

I’m new to living on the east coast and took a trip to NYC in January — just as they got the UNUSUAL cold front! It was painful to be outside. We took a stroll (with frozen feet) through central park and I was very envious of the people that get to use that beautiful area as their “running place”!

Be safe out there!

I love me some Benehana’s or similar. I love the soup too..not the salad though.

Have fun. Ask for some coupons for you to share with us not so fortunate to go. :)

I have an irrational love of sabra and I’m happy to say I passed it along to my daughter, she has been eating hummus since she was 3 years old. At first it was the only healthy thing she would eat!

I have always dreamed of going to NYC but I haven’t made it there yet. It looks amazing though!