Run Eat Repeat in New York

Hello from NYC! How was your day?

Mine was the BEST!

IMAG5322 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

But, I’m fading fast so here is my Run and Eats from today. I’ll fill you in tomorrow wlEmoticon smile8 Run Eat Repeat in New York

Run: Central Park. 6 miles.

IMAG5324 450x800 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

This place is starting to feel familiar in the best, warm snuggly way.

IMAG5310 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

IMAG5313 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

IMAG5315 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

IMAG5319 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

IMG 20130620 074812 800x800 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

IMAG5325 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

Dunkin Donuts iced coffee because I know you’d be disappointed if I didn’t…

IMG 20130620 080245 800x800 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

A little continental breakfast from the hotel

IMAG5331 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

and some from the Sabra conference…

IMAG5340 450x800 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

Lunch from Beyond Sushi. It’s all vegan and delicious!

IMAG5358 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

Afternoon fun:

Before:IMAG5360 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

After:

IMAG5363 450x800 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

Museum! We had a private tour of the food exhibit – so interesting. I’ll tell ya soon.

IMG 20130620 163642 800x800 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

Dinner at Max Brenner’s

IMAG5391 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

Cocoa and Chili dusted waffle fries to start.

IMG 20130620 205025 800x800 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

FONDUE.

That would be tempura bananas and a warm waffle with ice cream on the plate…

IMAG5405 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

IMAG5406 450x800 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

IMAG5408 800x450 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

We over ordered for the table and had A LOT! It was heaven. The chocolate chip cookies had melty chocolate chips and were over and inch thick. Life.Changing.

IMG 20130620 220356 800x800 thumb Run Eat Repeat in New York

Question: When was the last time you had fondue?

(If it’s been longer than a week you should go ASAP. Life is short. You don’t want to regret that on your death bed…)

Comments

Last time I had fondue was probably 5 years ago. These days, I’ll just buy things that already come chocolate-covered. Looks like you’re having a great time in NY!

Same here! It’s been too long! Gotta find a dessert choc fountain this weekend and get my fix after seeing all these pics!

That watermelon bowl is amazing! I love it!
    We went to NY for NY and it was my first time seeing Central Park. It looks so completely different in your photos at the opposite end of the year. Absolutely beautiful in a different way.

3. Aleks says

I had fondue 2 weeks ago, but it was nothing like yours ;). My bf is Swiss so we had traditional ‘fondue chinoise’, which is basically like a hot pot where you cook your own meat in broth. Nice, but still prefer cheese fondue (must be with Gruyère!). There is a trail in the Swiss Alps we went which has a cheese fondue place at the end, but unfortunately it was not yet open for the summer.

Loving the NYC pics!

Last fondue night I had was a little less fancy than this one – sitting on a crappy college apartment floor, watching Les Mis and drinking wine out of tervis tumblers. Classy, yes?

I want to hear about that food exhibit! Sounds like an amazing trip!

I love Max Brenner! I think those chocolate chunk cookies are probably at the top of my cookie list. (Not sure if they beat Disney World)…Love the fondue there as well, which might be the last place I had fondue. Did you have the chocolate syringe? So yum.

I spend so much time training in central park and running NYRR events that I take it for granted. I’ve run through downpours, snow storms, and hot humid days. The park is ALWAYS breathtaking. My capri chub rub wardrobe malfunction happened pretty much right where you’re standing in that 3rd shot. LOL.
    Enjoy the rest of your trip. The watermelon bowl….priceless=)

7. Sarah G. says

You know, I have heard so many people talk about running in Central Park but never saw pictures of it! I haven’t been there myself so it was really cool to see what it’s like! I also didn’t know they had the same LOVE sculpture in NYC that they have here in Philly! I am sad to admit that I have NEVER had fondue… I need to change that ASAP.

Have a great weekend!!

That bowl is so cute! Perfect for you and your watermelon! I love NY! When my family and I were visiting there last spring we went on a bike ride around the park a few time and had so ich fun, it’s such a beautiful pace!

You would paint that bowl like a watermelon ;) You can eat watermelon out of a watermelon!

The last time I had fondue was… about 2 years ago. I went to the Melting Pot for the first time to celebrate something, and we just went for dessert. The salted caramel was so good!

I’m so jealous about your run around Central Park! It’s gorgeous!

And fondue- I haven’t had it in about a year (**GASP**). I miss it! Although we DID get a fondue set for the wedding… so maybe I need to break that out this weekend! :)

11. Charline says

had a good chuckle at this typo…

“40 million children are overweight
    870 people were hungry in 2013″

12. Lorin says

when I went to max brenner’s a few years ago we got the chocolate pizza. I saw it on Best Thing I Ever Ate on the Food Network. It was soo good!!! I will definitely go back to Max Brenner’s next time I’m in NYC.