Home is Where the Watermelon Is

Hello from my parent’s house! I made it to SoCal yesterday and was greeted with this sight – a HUGE container of watermelon and Sabra hummus. Ha! I can’t make this ish up, my mom knows what I like love.

IMAG5463 800x450 thumb Home is Where the Watermelon Is

I’m staying here because my mom and dad are both traveling so I’m watching my little brother.

This morning I did 10 miles around my old neighborhood.

image thumb33 Home is Where the Watermelon Is

Then, I attempted to take an ice bath, but the water wasn’t cold enough. Oh well.

IMAG5472 450x800 thumb Home is Where the Watermelon Is

In scary news, there was a MASSIVE black widow in the pool and it was alive just swimming along. First in my grapes, now the pool – they’re out to get me! I better look what you do when you’re bit by a black widow.

IMAG5476 450x800 thumb Home is Where the Watermelon Is

Yesterday we took a walk and came upon the raspado man. I tried the vanilla flavor for the first time – it was good!

IMAG5465 450x800 thumb Home is Where the Watermelon Is

For the rest of the day if you need me I’ll be here…

image thumb34 Home is Where the Watermelon Is

Question: What are you doing this weekend?

Comments

Have a fun weekend at your parents! My parents always stock up on food I love – it’s the best.
    Tonight includes some wine night with friends which will be lovely.

I LOVE watermelon! It’s so perfect after a run, isn’t it? I just got back from a cruise and I ate limitless (and I mean limitless) watermelon every day after running around the ship deck. I miss all the free watermelon, man.

How nice you are spending quality time with your brother. What is your favorite thing to eat hummus with? Did you get me some coupons?? I mean if they can’t bring us all to NYC, they can send you home with some coupons. :)

This might be sick but I really love eating it with a fork. For dipping I love warm pita. So good. I didn’t get any coupons! I should ask for some though :)

4. zoe says

(1) you look banging in that last picture! you should post tips on how to pose :)
    (2) i’m having some major food envy about your sno-cone…

I am a watermelon addict too ;-) There is just nothing like a good piece of watermelon !! I just did a long training run and will spend the rest of the day relaxing before my bf’s soccer game tonight. Enjoy your parents house and of course the watermelon!

6. Nicole says

I’m up in Seattle visiting my bro, SIL, and two cute nephews. Oh yeah, and attempting to keep up with SR today (yeah, that wasn’t going to happen) doing thr RnRSea. I’m a bottomless pit today, and I love it! :)