7 Minute Workout and .7 Seconds on TV

Happy Tuesday!

On Friday I got a few messages that readers spotted me on ABC World News. No, they weren’t interviewing me for my opinion on the Zimmerman trial – this was the fluff they put to distract from things like that… the 7 Minute Workout!

I made a video of the 7 minute workout a few weeks ago when it first came out. Since then the video has gotten almost 50K views. And last week a producer from the show messaged me to ask if they could use a clip of my video. Um, yes.

It’s just 2 seconds of me doing the sit-ups part, but I was excited about it.

image thumb32 7 Minute Workout and .7 Seconds on TV

This link below will take you to the complete episode. The package on the 7 minute workout is about 2/3 of the way into the show. There’s a little line in the bottom track that you can jump to.

ABC World News Tonight 7 Minute Workout Story

My 7 Minute Workout video

So my “Just the Tip” for today is actually just directed at myself.

Dear Monican, If you are going to put a video on YouTube brush your hair and put some decent clothes on. Thanks.

I need to learn from my favorite Honey Boo Boo and always bring my “A” game.always bring your A game honey boo boo thumb 7 Minute Workout and .7 Seconds on TV

Side note: The new HBB season starts this week and I’m excited. I love ‘em. Also, I am still super obsessed with the south and want to visit them in McIntyre, GA. Shhh it’s a wig.

The Oatmeal on Running <- several people sent me this! Have you seen it?

image thumb33 7 Minute Workout and .7 Seconds on TV

And finally… I’ve decided I want to try and clean up my act with fashion and beauty stuff (it’s not just because of my slobbery in the video, promise. This is a long time coming).

To my credit, I did skip these super awesome Mickey Mouse leggings…

image thumb34 7 Minute Workout and .7 Seconds on TV

Anyway – I put out a call on twitter and wanted to ask here…

What fashion / beauty blogs do you read that can help ‘normal’ people?

Comments

That’s so awesome! Congrats on that.
    I follow a few fashion and beauty bloggers. Since I’m a makeup and fashion lover.
    Like j’s everyday fashion, gal meets glam, tiffany d, the budgetista, and into the gloss are some ones that are good reads.

I could use some fashion advice as well that can help “normal” people. It’s time for a major closet clean up although I am pretty scared to do it because I think the only things that would be left are workout capris and leggings…Let me know if you find any good blogs!

no blog suggestions just a fun aside about fashion and how i fail to meet the mark….I bought two very nice dresses from Macy’s. Thought they fit me well….then I went to the Macy’s website to see how they looked on the model basically for shoe ideas and realized the hemlines were supposed to be a boatload higher than they were on me. I even got petite sizing. So instead of looking like a sexy chick I’m guessing people thought I was a candidate for What Not To Wear.

I know nothing of fashion and just make my friends that are fashionable take me to the outlet mall once every few years… congrats on the clip!

5. Meg says

Hey Monica, I would try cheapchicas.com

They often show affordable options of trendy pieces and the main “cheap chica” Liliana Vasquez is on the Today Show fashion segments all the time! :) Hope that helps!

6. betty says

i only read js everyday fashion.. but its not stuff i think i would wear most of the time. but it seems pretty casual (what normal people might wear)

Super cool! This is only the beginning… Get ready for the paparazzi and the whole shebang.
    I like a blog called inhershoes for beauty tips and such (I think that’s the name. It’s one of the favorites on my computer, haha)

8. Erin says

J’s everyday fashion and Happily grey. Love love love happily grey but sometimes she’s a little too trendy for me.

9. Ashley W says

Congrats on making it on the news an being famous! Blogs I like are thesmallthingsblog.com and thelaurenelizabeth.com. These bloggers are sisters and post cute outfit ideas that a budget friendly along with home decor ideas. :)

Ok now I have “super star, that’s what you are” song in my head, remember I am old, if you haven’t heard it.

OH and also, I used your cut up a whole watermelon method and it was great, except when I cut into it the first time, it started cracking like crazy. I was so scared it was bad, but lo and behold the best watermelon ever!!

11. Mia says

Come to Georgia!! I would totally go on a reality show celebrity stalking adventure with you. I will not however be able to help you with any fashion related business. I may help you feel more fashionable in comparison though… Georgia as whole might make you feel that way too.