Three Ingredient Banana Chia Pudding Recipe

This weekend at the IDEA conference I stopped by the Chia Co booth and grabbed one of their delicious chia pudding samples. I actually tried it at the Natural Products Expo in March, but forgot about it until now. I haven’t seen them in my local store so I realized I needed to make it myself. Luckily, it’s super easy and I already had all the ingredients.

banana chia pudding recipe gluten free thumb Three Ingredient Banana Chia Pudding Recipe

Banana Chia Pudding Recipe

{ gluten free, vegan, runner approved}

Ingredients:

• 1 RIPE banana
  • 1/2 cup Silk almond milk (or milk of your choice)
  • 2 TB of chia seeds

IMG 2931 800x533 thumb Three Ingredient Banana Chia Pudding Recipe

I used white chia seeds (well, that’s what it said on the package but I couldn’t tell because I don’t see color).

It doesn’t matter what color you use, but you will see spots in the pudding if you use black (which are more common). Chia seeds are available at your local health food store – including Trader Joe’s or online. These are the Chia Co seeds I have.

IMG 2936 800x533 thumb Three Ingredient Banana Chia Pudding Recipe

Directions: Blend ingredients. Set overnight in the refrigerator.

IMG 2940 800x533 thumb Three Ingredient Banana Chia Pudding Recipe

In the morning it will thicken up to a delicious pudding!IMG 2949 800x533 thumb Three Ingredient Banana Chia Pudding Recipe

Enjoy!

Of possible interest: And because chia seeds and running go hand in hand, I have to share this awesome NPR story:  Running program helping the homeless.

Comments

I haven’t taken the leap to the dark side with chia seeds yet — something about this turns me off. The only time I’ve ever tried them was in a kambucha, and I had to throw the gold, I mean drink, out. This has me thinking they might not all be bad…

2. Annemarie/Carmie says

I’ve just started adding chia seeds to my smoothies. It may be all in my head but I feel great! I was more active last week than most (3 races and a 2 hour bike ride) and I never seemed to get tired. Looking forward to trying this recipe for the days when I don’t feel like washing the blender! Of course with all of this energy…washing the blender is fun!

• sophia says

same here! only 2-3 ingredients recipe will get my attention.

have you tried banana pancakes? just mix 1 mashed banana with beaten egg. Cook in a non-stick pan or pan with a little oil just how you would do in a regular pancake.

3. Cindy Newlun says

I have made chia puffins with cocoa powder before. I put chia seeds in my smoothies and Greek yogurt. @Sara….how do you make the one with pumpkin?

4. Cindy Newlun says

I have made chia puddings with cocoa powder before. I put chia seeds in my smoothies and Greek yogurt. @Sara….how do you make the one with pumpkin?

5. Jennifer says

I’m trying this tonight!! Looks yummy! BTW, what do you do for iced coffee? Make your own? Sugar free? I used to down a crapton of McD’s vanilla every day, I could live on it… or in it…either way…

6. Betsy says

perfect timing! I was looking for a good chia pudding recipe last night and couldn’t find one, this looks great!

I’ve always wondered if there was a diff between the white and black ones. The ones I got recently were a mixture. Anyone has any idea? Or felt any difference from using them?

8. Carol says

I made this last night and had it before my run this morning. Delicious! I added a splenda packet and a splash of vanilla. And this is coming from someone who only tolerates bananas.

Stupid question, but when you say “blend” do you mean actually in a blender, or just combine the components? (I wasn’t sure if the blender would have a positive or negative effect on the chia seeds)

Ooohh…I’ve never seen the white ones before! I make chia puddings for my kids and I think they would love a change from the black ones I have been using! Thanks for the great recipe.

I love bananers but never had banana pudding so i’m a little iffy but I’m going to make this tonight because I have the ingredients. Hopefully tomorrow it won’t disappoint my taste buds!

12. Tiffany Hunt says

I tired this recipe this morning and it was DELICIOUS and wonderfully nutritious. Thanks so much. This is going to be a new morning favorite. Hoping to introduce it to my boys this weekend. :-)

13. Roxanne says

I just put everything together for this will try it tomorrow! But I put chia seeds in Italian sodas for my kids and me!!! They are very good and stop us all from snacking at night :-)