Skinny Peach Crisp for One

peach crisp for one recipe thumb Skinny Peach Crisp for One

I am obsessed with the south. Unfortunately, my southern accent isn’t coming along too great no matter how many times I watch Gone With the Wind. (It should be noted I wrote “Gone with the Wine”.)

I dream of being a southern belle instead of SoCal accordion.

A long time ago someone told me, “You’re a peach!” as a compliment and I thought it was very southern and cute. Unfortunately, I don’t think I can pull that phrase off, but I can pull off a healthy peach crisp so that’s what you’re gonna get…

IMG 3096 800x533 thumb Skinny Peach Crisp for One

Peaches are plentiful and delicious right now so buy a few. Eat one. The, make a peach crisp with the other.

Skinny Peach Crisp for One Recipe

Ingredients:

• 1 ripe peach
  • 1.5 Tb. flour
  • 2 Tb. oats
  • 1/2 Tb brown sugar
  • dash salt & cinnamon
  • 1 Tb. coconut oil (or butter)

Directions: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Slice peach and place in sprayed ramekin.

IMG 3107 800x533 thumb Skinny Peach Crisp for One

Mix the rest of the ingredients and place on top of peach slices.

IMG 3102 800x533 thumb Skinny Peach Crisp for One

Bake until your kitchen is as hot as the south in July. Oh, that might just be my old oven.

IMG 3108 800x533 thumb Skinny Peach Crisp for One

Wait! Top with ice cream. It is the proper thing to do you know. I have a honey vanilla ice cream that’s pretty killa for vanilla.

IMG 3132 800x533 thumb Skinny Peach Crisp for One

Enjoy while in a rocking chair on your porch.

IMG 3140 800x533 thumb Skinny Peach Crisp for One

Question: Have you actually watched all of Gone with the Wind? I think it’s like 4 hours long or something??

Comments

1. Anna says

yessss!!! We just bought a ton of peaches at the farmers market and I was looking for something to do with them aside from eat the deliciousness by themselves haha this is perfect!!!

When I was a teenager I didn’t have cable in my bedroom (dating myself I know) but I did have the two cassette set of Gone With the Wind. And I think I watched it about 200 times. I still love it. The books are fun too. There’s a sequel. Anyway, the recipe looks delish! It’s too hot to eat in on my actual southern porch, but I will gladly eat in on my southern couch! Lol :) love your blog

3. Beth says

This looks amazing! I live in Atlanta, and am just now becoming a peach fan (weird, i know). I’m obsessed, so this is perfect. By any chance do you know the calorie or nutrition for this recipe?

I have watched Gone with the Wind like a million times!! Then… my husband gets to listen to me quote lines for like a month! “Great balls of fire. Don’t bother me anymore, and don’t call me sugar.”

5. Beth says

This looks amazing! I live in Atlanta, and am just now becoming a peach fan. I’m obsessed, so this is perfect. By any chance do you know the calorie or nutrition for this recipe?

This looks great and simple. I am stealing this for dessert on my wife’s birthday okay. You’re a peach…nope I can’t pull it off either.

7. Sarah G. says

Yum! I will definitely be making this. I think an even healthier variation would be to top with Greek yogurt… mmm… :)

And yes, I have actually watched ALL of Gone With the Wind… in a MOVIE THEATER. So I couldn’t even take BREAKS. I was like, twelve, so it was not as enjoyable for me then as it would be now!

8. Laura says

Haha, yes, I watched the whole movie at least a few times…not recently though. I remember when I was a kid, my mom and I would watch it on a rainy day while she did things like sew and craft, and I would play with my barbies. So GWTW brings me happy memories.

And yum, I will have to try making your peach crisp. Love me some peaches. And, ice cream on top is a must!

I SO LOVE “Gone With The Wind” and have watched it numerous times!!!

While I love peaches, I don’t really like them IN anything but I’m going to try this with apples…and maybe blueberries.

10. Zoe says

my 8th grade history teacher made us watch it -_- it was unpleasant. also in a public school in Seattle some parents really prickled at the thought so there were lots of lively discussions on women’s roles, racism, etc.

oh. my… i didn’t even know that i wanted a peace crisp, but you have inspired me. :) i feel a mini bake-a-thon coming on!
    i don’t think i’ve ever watched gone with the wind in it’s entirety, but i do remember choosing it for a book report when i was a wee high school freshy because i thought it had such “grown up” content lol.

I never saw Gone With the Wind until i went to college in Mississippi. I loved every bit of that movie but who has time to sit down and watch it? My roommate bought a copy of it for me because I tried to take hers when we parted ways. I tend to pull out Gone With the Wind on sick days or on the much needed don’t move rest days!

13. Eugenia Byrne says

Looks super yummy. Peaches are amazing..I have been buying a HUGE box of organic peaches from Costco each week and struggle to get through all of them before they go off…perfect solution to this problem!

14. Tara says

Sadly and shamefully, I have never seen that movie. And as soon as people know my name, its usually the first question I am asked. I guess I should watch it so I have an idea of why I am always being asked! (I know its the name of the house or land or something).

How funny (or is it!?!?) that Carrots and cake just posted almost the exact same recipe, although hers is for blueberry pie for one!

I actually watched Gone With The Wind on New Years Eve when I was in the 6th grade or something with my cousins…we missed ALL of the festivities and couldn’t wait for the movie to end…for some reason we just couldn’t turn it off though!

I’m ashamed to admit I haven’t seen Gone With The Wind. . . but that’s probably because when I do I imagine it being some romantic experience with wine and a park or something…

17. Christa Allgood says

I’ve seen it too many times to count!! I’m from Georgia and we even watched it in Middle school! I’ve also read the book countless times!! It’s my go to book if I have nothing else to read! You should give it a try!!

Um I love peaches, “my peach life” duh! I am from Georgia, seen GWTW numerous times, live just a couple of miles from the Margaret Mitchell house and have a strong southern accent. I love reading your blog and day dream about how awesome it would be to grow up and live in California. I have never been there but it is on my to do list. We should totally switch lives for a week!

19. Johanna B says

Gone with the Wind was the first movie I ever went to see by myself. Since then I have watched it all the way through many times. Also, I read the book annually.

20. Michele Williams says

Hi Monica!! Thanks for this awesome recipe, my hubby loved it!!! Gonna try it with apple! We love Gone with the Wind, I even named my first dog Scarlett!!