Sriracha Popcorn Recipe

Today is National Popcorn Day!

baby shower popcorn 450x800 thumb Sriracha Popcorn Recipe

I LOVE popcorn. Love it. Always have. I’m not a super big salty snack person (sweet tooth all the way!) but popcorn is my #1 salty weakness. Every time I go to Target and smell that buttery deliciousness I stand frozen in the middle of the aisle debating whether I should or shouldn’t get some. (Yes, people stop and stare, I’ve come to terms with it.)

Anyway.

Today is National Popcorn Day! And any time I have an excuse to eat a food I love I do it up big!! So, I combined two of my favorite things – popcorn and sriracha to celebrate.

sriracha popcorn recipe healthy low fat snack thumb Sriracha Popcorn Recipe

Sriracha Popcorn Recipe

Ingredients:

• 1 100 calorie bag of popcorn (this is all I had, if you have normal sized bags triple the sauce below)
  • 1 Tb. Sriracha*
  • dash: salt, garlic powder, squirt of agave
  • 1 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional)

*I know a lot of people say they love Sriracha and then put 2 pin sized drops on their eggs because the spice is too much. If you are afraid of your tastebuds getting upset, use half but I can’t guarantee the deliciousness of that version. SAM 1256 800x600 thumb Sriracha Popcorn Recipe

Directions: Pop corn. Mix ingredients. Toss sriracha sauce in a gallon sized plastic bag with popcorn. Eat.

SAM 1259 800x600 thumb Sriracha Popcorn Recipe

SAM 1262 800x600 thumb Sriracha Popcorn Recipe

SAM 1268 800x600 thumb Sriracha Popcorn Recipe

i dont care what youre doing POPCORN NOW Sriracha Popcorn Recipe

Question: Do you like butter or kettle corn? Vote!

Comments

Thanks for some other excellent post.The place else could anyone get
    that type of information in such an ideal means of writing?

I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m at the search for such information.

2. Nora M. says

I just made my own sriracha popcorn and ate it all in approximately 5 seconds. I mixed the sriracha with a bit of melted butter and then shook it up with garlic powder and salt. Yum! Thanks for the awesome idea!

I love popcorn, but I love it best cooked on the stove :) Plus some Williams-Sonoma white cheddar popcorn seasoning (too expensive but so so good)

4. Eugenia Byrne says

Butter most of the time for sure, but there are those days that kettle wins…I think there are fewer foods better than popcorn. I have a big bowl of air popped popcorn every single night topped with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray, and cinnamon/stevia/monk fruit extract mix…it is amazing!

LOVE butter popcorn, but my favorite is KettleCorn!! So delicious!!! Sweet & Salty!! Best of both worlds!! So… that pic of you at the top reminds me of tinkerbell… just sayin… and I don’t know why! lol…

I had no idea today was national popcorn day, and yesterday I was craving popcorn. I think I actually had a dream about popcorn the other night…go figure! This looks delicious, I’m gonna have to try it out!

Yummm, sriracha popcorn <3 I'm a huge kettle corn fan, I love the tiny bit of sweetness!!

Ps I hate those people who only use the tiniest bit of sriracha, where I'm dumping half a bottle in everything….

xx Becky

8. Delia says

I ran to my kitchen to whip this up as soon as I was done reading; where has this great idea been all my life?! I like curry & maple syrup (yes, together) on popcorn as well; like spicy/sweet kettle corn!

9. Leah R. says

This is kind of brilliant. I always take the lazy route and just dump a ton of sriracha directly on top of the popcorn so I end up with some mouth-burning handfuls and mostly sriracha-less handfuls. I should start putting more effort into my sriracha popcorn.