Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CA

Hello! When we last spoke I had just finished a half marathon.

Next up was: Operation Wine Tasting.

wine tasting in paso robles travel blog 600x800 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CA

wine barrels in paso robles california food blog 600x800 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CA

Just south of San Miguel is one of my favorite places in the Americas… Paso Robles.

image thumb5 Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CA

Paso Robles is central-ish California. It’s the other wine country in Cali. And it’s awesome. I love that it is a lot less pretentious than Napa or Sonoma. The wine tastings and wine are less expensive. And it’s a lot closer to me = added bonus!

got my wine in paso robles travel blog wine tasting 600x800 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CAwhen i read the evils of drinking wine 600x800 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CAwine country food blog california traveling 800x600 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CA

We also did a cheese tasting to break up the day. I didn’t realize fancy cheese was so amazing. My favorite was the 5 year aged gouda.

cheese tasting in paso robles travel food blog 800x600 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CAcheeses tasting food blog travels 600x800 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CAvivant cheese room paso robles california food blog 600x800 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CA

I am still just a white wine girl, but I LOVE me a dessert port too. So we had to stop at my favorite place, Rotta.

travel food blog california wine tasting 800x600 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CA

Walking around downtown Paso Robles I spotted a fro-you place. I think a frozen yogurt tasting was a necessary addition to this delicious day!

fro yo in paso robles travel food blog 600x800 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CA

We were about to go to a fancy place for dinner, but I really wanted SPICY food (per usual). So a quick Yelp search landed us at a hole-in-the-strip-mall Korean place. Turns out it was amazing! I would def recommend this place – Hana Teriyaki.

food blog california travels 600x800 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CA

As we ate several regulars came in to pick up their phone orders. It’s a good sign when locals love it too!korean food blog dinner travel in paso robles california 800x600 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CAtravel and food blog california paso robles korean 800x600 thumb Wine and Food Tasting in Paso Robles, CA

The whole day was my perfect RUN, EAT repeat kinda time!

Then, we headed back to the hotel to crash. We’re staying in Morro Bay and it’s gorgeous – more on that soon!

Question: What was the best thing you ate this weekend?

I’m going with the port wine and dark chocolate combo I had at one of the wineries.

Comments

1. Anel says

The best thing I ate this weekend was chocolate cake, for my birthday! Now that I think about it, foyo might top that if I get some tonight!

2. Gillian says

I love 5 yr Gouda! I am kinda obsessed with the whole wine and cheese thing and have found both aged Gouda (Prima Donna and Beemster are amazing) and aged cheddar to be delicious. Only problem is the really yummy ones are $20/lb. ouch.

White wine only? Paso is all about Zinfandels. I’ll be up there in May. Looks like you had fun. Wanna run with us before Catalina? Do you have any free time?

Yum! Looks so good! I love wine and cheese. This weekend I ate homemade sushi with some girlfriends, valentines dinner and brunch with my boo. It was so good, but I definitely need to get some workouts in this week after such an indulgent weekend.

Ooh, I’ll have to swing by that wine region when we’re visiting in the summer. I visited Morro Bay a few years ago. It was so pretty. I stopped there on the way to Hearst Castle. Very surreal!

The best thing I ate was a Paleo pineapple upside down cake with coconut ice cream. Best of all I made it myself. Well, except for the ice cream.

6. Lorin says

I love Paso! My friend works at Justin Winery. I go to Cal Poly SLO; central california is a beautiful place to be! The best thing I ate was a breakfast burrito after I got back from backpacking in Big Sur this weekend.

I wish I could drink wine. I love it, but it gives me serious headaches. Beer is where it’s at for me. Guess I will always be a WI girl in some ways! I made a new dinner recipe last night turkey meatballs and spaghetti squash. It was amazing!

8. Sarah says

The best thing I ate this weekend was 36 month aged parmesan with 20 year old basalmic and raspberries in Verona, Italy, where I was running my very first half marathon :) It was delicious but I was too nervous to really enjoy the food!

9. Shannon in Tustin says

Didn’t really eat anything amazing over the weekend; how sad, right?
    But I had myself a little 10k PR (by 3 min) on Sunday so I celebrated with a cerveza and some guac & baked blue corn chips. Made me happy!

That TJ’s reduced guilt guac is my go to for dip.

Talk about perfect timing! The hubby and I are doing a Cali trip in September and plan on stopping in Paso Robles overnight on our way from LA to San Fran. Can’t wait to check it out now, thanks!