Confession Thursday – Cat out of the bag

confession thursday thumb Confession Thursday   Cat out of the bag

Time for Confession! Me first…

1. Sometimes when I type my name I type “Monican”

Okay, a lot of times.

2. Sizzler is my favorite restaurant. This goes back and forth between Whole Foods and Sizzler. You know I’m super high-low when it comes to food and fashion wlEmoticon winkingsmile8 Confession Thursday   Cat out of the bag <- I feel like I’ve already told you this, but I really want Sizzler this week.

3. I spelled my best friend’s last name wrong at some point on a security question and now I can’t change my password!! (That’s pretty bad.)

4. I made my Apple Oat Bars today and subbed out apple sauce for the nut butter, and subbed protein powder for the brown sugar, and chopped instead of grated the apples. Oh, and I added 1/2 cup of almond milk (because protein powder can really dry stuff out in baking).

Okay. Is that still even the same recipe??!?!

apple chia bars with raisins 600x800 thumb Confession Thursday   Cat out of the bag

My confession is: I ate 3.

Okay maybe 4. With almond butter.

almond butter on apple chia bars 800x600 thumb Confession Thursday   Cat out of the bag

5. I did this to my cat.

dont let the cat out of the bag 600x800 thumb Confession Thursday   Cat out of the bag

6. And my worst offense… I got cable back. I couldn’t help it!!! I was miserable. TV is my only fren.

confession thursday cable 600x800 thumb Confession Thursday   Cat out of the bag

How I am justifying this:

• I re-worked created a budget to make sure it was a good choice.
  • I work from home and have 0 human interaction most of the time so I really need Giada to eat lunch with me.
  • I missed Pumpkin from HoneyBooBoo.
  • The cable installer guy said they put some kind of block thing to prevent people from stealing cable and that’s why it’s hard to get channels with the antenna.

Question : Now you go!

Comments

1. I’ve eaten probably 8 caramel eggs in the last week – I can’t help it, they’re only out once a year!
    2. I bought myself a new pair of running shoes that I don’t actually need, but they were on sale so that doesn’t count, right?
    3. I only do my dishes about once a week/when the sink is full. I often bribe myself with a drink to get them done!

I must confess ;)
    1. I ate a Chocolate Ritter bar at 9:30AM the other day and was completely okay with it :) I threw some away, to justify not eating the “whole” bar.
    2. I skipped my workout class to sleep a little longer on Tuesday AM.
    3. I have an addition to lululemon and my bank account really is suffering!

PS – What is this “budget” thing you speak of?!?

Confession: I have eaten more sweets this week than I did in the entirety of Jan and Feb. Sigh. They were all awesome and I guess I got fuel triathlon training somehow right…

I just got rid of cable! Except I got the google chromecast thing so I still have my netflix :) Its weird getting home and not just being able to turn the tv on to some random show, now when I want to watch I actually need to think about it!

Girl I feel ya on the TV thing! When I quit my job to stay home with my kids we cut bills in every area we could – we sold vehicles, switched insurance companies, downgraded cell phones, etc but we COULD NOT get rid of our satellite service! I tried my hardest to be able to go down a few packages for cheaper service but every.single.channel that we both watch(ed) regularly were only in the higher packages…that’s how they get ya. Anyway, all that to say – I get it! Watch your tv!

I bought a large vanilla wendy’s frosty, filled it with reeses peanut butter cup minis and ate the entire thing and I’m not sorry and I’ll probably do it again, maybe tomorrow.

Ice cream for breakfast and dinner. Grilled chicken salad w/arugula, tomatoes, and olives for lunch.

I plan what I’m going to eat when my husband is away on business. Like for weeks in my head. Thai salad rolls!

8. Cindy says

Your recipes make my day. Could you make me a guilt free pecan pie, preferably microwaveable, so I can fit it into my everyday schedule? :-)

9. Alissa M. says

Yup, I work from home too, so I get it…I also like to have the TV on sometimes so I’m not “alone” ;)

10. Christine D. says

1. I just weighed myself yesterday for the first time in about a month, and I’ve gained ten pounds. That’s what happens when you have an injury and can’t run but are just as hungry. Ha.
    2. I’m addicted to Candy Crush. I can’t stop.
    3. I have this insane urge to go to Target and buy everything. I think I need a lot of things when I really don’t, nor do I have the money to buy such things. There’s probably a medical name for it, like Targetitis or something, haha.

I left my hair in the same braid for three whole days this week; I slept in it and went running each of those days. Putting lavender essential oils in your hair is the same thing as washing and brushing it, right? Please tell me I’m not as gross as I sound.

12. Shannon in Tustin says

First, you always Monican at our house…(between me and my 15 yr old, sometimes-runner daughter who also follows your stuff). Sometimes we even use your proper title “The” ;)

Confession: I haven’t run since my trail half on Saturday because I ATE IT big time just before mile 9 and have some horrific scabs going on. Mostly my right knee (it’s f-ugly and nasty and painful). But despite a nurse-friend who says “take it easy”, I’m going to try a little 4 miler tomorrow morning because NOT running is driving my absolutely BATTY. (that was really two confessions, I think)

In the big truth of my little life, it doesn’t matter that much. But like I said, it’s a small little life and running is one of the few things that’s “all me”.

Have a great weekend, Monican. I hope you’ll consider that run trail race next year. I’m going to run it again and NOT eat it. :D
    Despite the big fall, my time was still 2:20, and with a fall and a 1,000 ft climb; I’ll take it and be happy.

• Shannon in Tustin says

here’s another confession: I don’t re-read blog comments before I hit “send” as often as I should…for shame! :-|

Here’s a fun one: I haven’t washed my hair in over two weeks, and no one has noticed! I have really short hair, so I just give it a really good rinse in the shower and gtg! If this works, I’ll never have to buy hair products again. Though I do miss the pretty smells shampoo provides.

14. Ashley says

Confession: I haven’t eaten cereal in 6 months. This week I fell off the wagon hard and ate it four nights in a row for dessert. And not healthy cereal…kid’s cereal…like all sugared up. It’s all good though…

15. Melissa says

Confession: I’m supposed to be doing the Paleo whole 30 with my SO, but I’ve missed oats so much I sent him out to run errands last night so I could have a bowl of steel cut oats that I threw some semi sweet chips and chopped walnuts into it.

Yes. I cheated on my boyfriend with a bowl of oatmeal.