Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

Hello! I’m in Savannah!!

fitbloggin in savannah 600x800 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

I’m so excited I’m doing a lil dance wlEmoticon smile6 Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

rer is weird 600x800 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

Yesterday was a long day of travel. My first flight from SoCal to Atlanta was long and I had a middle seat and was uncomfortable eating.

delta 600x800 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

My seat neighbor was very talkative and it was hard for me to get my food in my bag. So, I waited until my layover to eat. And eat I did. There was a guy watching me the whole time I devoured this whole thing.

all the food 600x800 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

I got to Savannah and grabbed a taxi to the hotel. The taxi driver proceeded to tell me all about how Savannah is the most haunted city in North America because of all the yellow fever and civil war deaths. Thanks.

So, I was scared. But not too scared to sleep wlEmoticon smile6 Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

scary room thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

This morning I woke up and headed straight outside to explore! I am sosososo excited to be here! I love Savannah. Note: This love is based off of random assumptions and stereotypes, much like all the other loves in my life.

running in savannah during fitbloggin 600x800 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

I hit the streets with Katy Widrick and we caught up on life, liberty and the pursuit. Our focus was chatting so we did a run/walk/talk situation.

run eat repeat and katy widrick 600x800 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

I love all the squares and parks! It’s so pretty.

running in savannah fitbloggin 800x600 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope. sights in savannah run 600x800 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope. running through savannah fitbloggin 600x800 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope. forsyth park run 800x600 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope. running through savannah fountain 800x600 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

I want to move here so I’m trying to convince Katy to move too and open a store or something with me.

I already have a few name ideas…

two women and something 800x600 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

It was a perfect lil morning stroll through Savannah.

Then, we hit up breakfast. I’m officially here for the Fitbloggin conference. There was a great spread…

fitbloggin breakfast menu 600x800 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

But, I snuck off to eat in my room because I have some work to do before I have fun. Plus, this gives me the chance to talk to you for a minute wlEmoticon smile6 Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

fitbloggin breakfast 800x600 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

Okay. Now I’m going to give myself another 30 minutes on email and then I’m going to attend some of the sessions. Then, I am off to explore Savannah!

running through savannah 600x800 thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

I have no idea why, but I’ve always been in love with the south. Maybe it’s because when I was super little my Grams had me watch Gone with the Wind? And I’m sure I didn’t really watch it but did catch all the fabulousness that is Scarlett O’Hara.

you love me thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope. gone with the wind fabulous thumb Sweet Tea is Great Running Fuel–I Hope.

Anyway. I’m going to drink sweet tea and talk with a southern draw all weekend.

Question: What place do you really really want to visit?

Comments

1. nicole t says

Savannah is so pretty. I recommend walking thru Bonaventure Cemetery. It is beautiful and the headstones are amazing. It’s really not as morbid as it sounds. (They used to have the statue from the cover of ‘midnight in the garden of good and evil’ there but it had to be moved because people were ruining it.)

2. Christina says

There is no open container law in Savannah – so walk around with your drink of choice all you want!

I’d love to go to a blogging conference where ever it is! The chance to travel, run, and learn more about blogging is on the bucket list.

Thanks for the views of Savannah! So bummed to be missing FitBloggin this year but great to see it through those there. Have a great time!

I’m so jealous you are in Savannah! One of my favorite cities! I would love to travel it by foot, I was not at all in the shape to do it last time I was there. Same with a number of the cities I’ve been.

Oh Monica, enjoy!!! My favorite Place here in my state here Savannah!! Go to Tybee Island, the beach is awesome, and there is a bakery downtown that has the best Key lime Pie brownies…

Australia! Top of my bucket list. Also, Maldives is pretty high up there too.

Savannah looks pretty great too! Very green and gorgeous. Only have been to Atlanta and it wasn’t really my cup of (sweet) tea.

Charleston South Carolina is on my mind lately. I’ve heard so many great things about it. SO…did you get the PM I sent you on Instagram? It’s of another red…looks just like you on my Les Mills Pump DVD. I’m sure you get swamped with messages, but if you get a chance take a look. Ha, ha…so similar!

I haven’t made it back to fitbloggin’ since that time I met you in Baltimore. I love it, I’m definitely going next year. As in, I’m anxiously awaiting the annoucement and then registering ASAP. Have a fab week!

We moved back to Atlanta last March after living in Savannah for 2 years. I miss it so much! It probably is one of the best places to run EVER! Have a blast, enjoy some shrimp and grits and gallons of sweet tea!

Hi! Thanks for sharing the photos of Savannah! I just moved back to GA (Atlanta area), after being in CT for 10 years. I have done the NYC marathon the past few years and since I moved back South, I will be doing the R’N’R Savannah marathon in November instead. I’ve been a bit bummed about not doing NYC, but seeing the photos have gotten me excited for Savannah! I have been there, but it’s been 30 years! I too love the idea of the charming, elegant Southern Belle, but I think I’m more of the “Old Southern Broad” type, than a belle!!

I’ve NY on my list but after looking at some of your pics and Instagrams…maybe I’ll put Savannah on it too. BTW, do you have a bento box/lunchbox? It’s great as it has different sections for different types of food for your meal.

That’s cute how you made it seem as if we PLANNED to run/walk/talk instead of what really happened…you were speedy and ready to run, I was out of running shape and you kindly didn’t give me the stink eye every time I stopped for a break.

One of the many reasons I love you.