Happy Thursday! I got a full 8 hours of sleep last night and am feeling good! After making Ben a super quick breakfast I ran out the door and did 6 miles. They were supposed to be tempo but with the uphill out / downhill back it went: w/u; 8:38; 8:55; 8:06; 8:38; c/d. I’m not a fan of hills, but it’s good that I get used to them for New York!
The kind souls at Brooks also sent me the PureConnect Shoes. Um, these just blow my mind. I haven’t worn them for a whole run yet, just around the house but I am loving the way they wrap my foot and feel so light.
I am a Brooks Run Happy Ambassador and the company has offered to give one RER reader a free pair of Pure Project Shoes. Here are the four options:
- The lightest shoe in the line
- Extended Toe Flex for incredible flexibility
- Nav Band provides close-to-foot fit
- Named "Best Debut" by Runner’s World in their Winter 2012 Shoe Guide
- Lightweight with cushioning
- Wide Toe Flex empowers big toe
- Air mesh upper for breathability
- Nav Band provides a locked-in fit
- Named "Best Buy" by Runner’s World in their Spring 2012 Shoe Guide
- Light, bendy and breezy
- Reinforced heel counter secures foot
- Internal PDRB naturally guides foot
- Nav Band locks into midsole for extra assurance
- Wide, one-piece outsole for balance
- Intuitive lug pattern creates optimal traction
- Conforming foam and open mesh upper
- Nav Band hugs the foot
- *This is their trail shoe option for the line
You can find more information on the Brooks Pure Project line here.
Want to win a pair of Brooks Pure Project shoes?
To Enter: Leave a comment with what shoes you’d pick.
Closes 7/21/2012 at 10am PST. Open to residents of the US.
Brooks provided me with the Pure Project shoes and this giveaway as part of my Run Happy Ambassadorship. All opinions and black toe nails are strictly my own.
Run SMART Goals
Fill out this form to get the SMART Running Goals worksheet to your inbox!