So, after being at the airport for 5 hours I went to get on my rescheduled flight. I was then informed that it had been pushed back another 2 hours. I said, “You’re kidding right? I’ve been here since 8am.” I wasn’t even mad anymore, at that point I was a broken woman. This is me, broken…I smiled to make up for the fact that I’ve had nothing to do for 7 hours and still didn’t put on any make-up. Tragic.
Things I’ve learned at the Charlotte Airport Today:
– Free internet is a lifesaver.
– Vegetarian options are veggie burgers at Chili’s or Burger King, bean soup at the Mexican restaurant, or a “vegetable plate” at the Chinese place
– There are multiple smoothie options
– Workers will recognize if you’ve been pacing for 2 hours and stop you to ask, “Girl, when’s your flight?”
– As you walk from concourse to concourse you will smell Cinnamon and Pizza constantly. Be brave.
I did have a good lunch though! I love tuna. I love it and I know it’s one of those “diet disaster” foods because of all the mayo. But like I said, I love it so too f-ing bad. I had a tuna sandwich on a wheat ciabatta with veggies. It was a tall sammie!
I ate it in a rocking chair looking out the window to this view.
I also had grapes and carrots that I brought from home.
And a diet coke 😉
Now I am thisclose to getting on my flight to MS. This day is a loss in terms of covering the story, so tomorrow is going to be crazy! First thing in the morning I will be going to the site where the church is rebuilding the home for the family who lost it in Katrina. I have some interviews and other shots to get then, I may even pitch in depending on how much time I have.
Lately I keep feeling like I need to do something more. I want to volunteer or do something to help people! I just don’t feel like I’m doing good stuff, ya know?