Hello! I am digging the heck out of the OC Marathon race tee! The back says “We Run The OC” and I like that it’s bright orange too!!
Speaking of the OC Marathon, I want to share some negative thoughts I had after the race.
First. I ran a marathon on Sunday. 26.2 miles. I am happy with my time. I am happy with my friends. I’m happy with living in Orange County (mostly). I am happy with my health. I’m a fairly good person. I was proud of myself!
Then, I saw this picture and in COMPARISON to my friends I look overweight.
Comparing yourself sucks.
I am pretty good about not comparing myself most of the time.
But I’m still a person who has doubts and insecurities… the reality of my lil world is:
- I am friends with some of the best runners and bloggers in the country!
- I’ve never looked like my friends (hello red hair in a Mexican neighborhood).
- I am a really strong runner and I do it because I like it, not to compete with anyone.
- My job as a blogger is to share my life and pictures and running – which puts my insecurities on display
- I write a blog where people compare themselves to me.
So really this post is just a little PSA that comparing yourself to someone else is not helpful 99% of the time. Use your own progress, past results, goals… to keep yourself accountable.
You, my little blog friend, shouldn’t compare yourself to celebs/that girl in front of you at Starbucks/me/your friends/Beyonce any more than I should compare myself to my friends.
You are so much more than how you look! Focus on being good at your job, good to your family & friends, helping someone, getting skills to make the world a better place. Pass it on!
Question: What is your BEST talent or quality?
Me: I pick up hitchhikers and help them by giving ‘em rides wherever they need to go.
Run SMART Goals
Fill out this form to get the SMART Running Goals worksheet to your inbox!