Six Signs you’re not in California any more:
6. You think a little snow is nothing an umbrella can’t solve…
News flash – the snow flies up into your face umbrella or not.
5. You leave the house with a smile because you have no idea how fast the cold will get to your bones. (You won’t be smiling for long in 15 degree weather.)
4. You think Ben is Santa Claus because he now has a white beard.
3. You’re not in California anymore…Proof: There is no Pacific Ocean, only ICE.
2. You can’t find your car. It might be under there some where, but do you really want to dig through a foot of snow of five different cars before you find your own?!
1. And the number one sign you’re not in California anymore… You put on more clothes to leave the house than you wore all summer last year combined!
So, Ben and I did brave walking to the mall today. It was actually really beautiful 🙂
Unfortunately, most of the stores (except the deptartment stores) were closed. We did find Panera open for a snack – I had a bite of this gingerbread bagel with cream cheese 🙂
When we got home I made a big salad…
and had a bite of Ben’s ravioli.
Since we are snowed in I thought it was a perfect time for baking! But, I didn’t know what to make. I wanted to use up some canned pumpkin I had so I mixed up pumpkin, eggs, spices and sugar to make individual pumpkin desserts. They are a cross between a soufle and a pie.
They came apart when I tried to scoop them out of the cupcake pan. I should have used indivual baking cups, but you live and learn.
I also made banana bites. I love throwing things together and making yummy stuff.
All you need are bananas, chocolate chips and walnuts.
I melted the choc chips, smashed up the walnuts and chopped the naner. Then, dip, dip and freeze. So easy! Now eat 🙂
See ya guys later 🙂