April Highlights and May Goals

Hello! I got a new pair of running shorts at Costco yesterday. I’m not ready to wear “real” shorts, so I thought these bermuda shorts would be a good in between. Nah. They give me a murph.IMG 0274 600x800 thumb April Highlights and May Goalsunderwear mishap April Highlights and May Goals
www.nataliedee.com

Run: I did Jillian’s 6 Week Six Pack Level 1 and went for an easy 2 miler to stretch my legs.

Eat: Food.IMG 0280 800x600 thumb April Highlights and May Goals

For breakfast I made an egg patty and paired it with a bagel. One side has PB&J, the other has cream cheese. Both sides are “mysteriously” missing a big chunk. IMG 0281 800x600 thumb April Highlights and May Goals

April 2011 Highlights:

Ben and I hit up a Diners Drive-ins and Dive Cafégaffey street diner thumb April Highlights and May Goals

I ran the Redlands Half Marathonmonica running redlands thumb April Highlights and May Goals

Made a Killer Protein Cake in a Mugprotein cake in a mug thumb April Highlights and May Goals

Went to Vegas!!! And saw Tina there. IMG 9356 600x800 thumb April Highlights and May Goals

May 2011 Goals:

1. Lose 5 pounds (Watching calories this month, going to the beach beginning of June)

2. Get organized with work, the blog and home stuff

3. Enjoy my life and be in the moment

Question: What was your April Highlight?

Bonus question: What word do you use for murph or wedgie or…

Comments

Ha! I’ve never heard murph before. I say wedgie.

My highlight of April was the Cherry Blossom 10 mile race. It was the best race I’ve ever run and it was beautiful to run through the cherry blossoms!

Love your goals for this month! I hate getting “wedgies” at the gym. There’s no discreet way to fix it when you’re on the treadmill with a row of people behind you watching you run…but I do it anyway, lol.

Never seen running shorts like that! Why aren’t you ready for shorts yet? My April highlight was my spring break staycation and getting a new Half marathon PR (by 22 seconds, but a PR is a PR!).

Good luck with your may goals!

I want to loose 5 pounds, too! I’ve gained some living it up here in New Zealand. Can you write a post about your plan to lose it (I know different things work for everyone, but I need some ideas!)

I definitely second that request- I have a sweet tooth like you and tend to eat when bored so I’m really curious about your plan. It’s disappointing that you would get negative feedback if you’re being honest and doing it safely!

I have never heard a wedgie being called a “murph” before. Very funny. My highlight of April was getting a Kate Spade purse for my birthday. I realize that makes me sound really shallow, but everyone deserves those moments every once in a while, right?

I must say whenever I read your blog…I am always so jealous of your breakfast meals! I leave for work a little after 6 a.m. and never have the motivation to put together a breakfast like yours!

7. Ashley C says

I binged out of boredom this weekend- it had been a long time and I was doing so well and making progress and I feel like i am back to where I started. Thanks for the HALT refresher– I definitely needed it.