Sunday Morning Traditions

After my run yesterday I spent some time baking in the kitchen. Inspired by Ben’s cupcake from Friday I created an almond cupcake with coconut frosting.IMG 5071 800x533 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

They came out great – sharing the recipe soon wlEmoticon smile35 Sunday Morning TraditionsIMG 5075 800x533 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

Then, I packed it up and headed to my cousins for a family BBQ. First I made a pit stop at my mom’s to walk the dogs.IMG 0141 800x600 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

That’s not my mom’s house in the background (in case you wanted to come over and steal our avocados). Sorry.IMG 0146 800x600 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

I only brought flip-flops so I had to borrow some of my mom’s shape-up shoes. They’re so cushion-y!IMG 0147 800x600 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

Normally my baking doesn’t go over too well, but even my brother Michael liked my cupcakes!IMG 0150 800x600 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

The “BBQ” was actually a girl’s only surprise party that I couldn’t talk about yesterday. So, we had sandwiches and no grilling wlEmoticon smile35 Sunday Morning TraditionsIMG 0151 800x600 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

IMG 0153 800x600 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

This was like #1 out of 6 plates for me.IMG 0156 800x600 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

My cousin Nicole and I sat right by the food table and just kept eating the whole night. We kept saying we needed to relocate to get away from the food, but never had the willpower.IMG 0159 800x600 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

One good thing about a girl’s party is the heavy emphasis on desserts wlEmoticon winkingsmile14 Sunday Morning Traditions

We had  chocolate covered strawberries & bananas, 2 kinds of cheescake, carrot cake, fruit saladIMG 0157 600x800 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

My cupcakes…IMG 5066 800x533 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

And DRINKS. Lots of drinks.

IMG 0162 600x800 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

This morning I woke up feeling bloated and gross. It’s a rest day for me, but I needed to get rid of that icky feeling. So, Ben and I took a walk for iced coffee. IMG 0165 800x600 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

We keep trying to pin down a “Sunday morning tradition”. We were walking to get the Sunday paper for a while, then would come back and eat pancakes. That was nice too wlEmoticon smile35 Sunday Morning Traditions

But, Ben picked up a chorizo burrito to go with his coffee this morning so when I got home I was craving a savory breakfast.

I went with a big ol’ egg scramble.IMG 5080 800x533 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

Avocado makes this meal significantly better.IMG 5084 800x533 thumb Sunday Morning Traditions

Question: Do you have a Sunday morning tradition?

Comments

Oh how I love coconut anything! I’ll have to try out your recipe when you post it :)
    I don’t have any Sunday morning traditions other than sleeping in. Although, the boy and I do love to go to breakfast at diners around the city together. It’s our version of date night :)

2. Jill says

Most of the year, at least during the cooler months, we’re away camping every other weekend. (The alternate weekends are spent working, cleaning house and doing laundry, which doesn’t even COUNT as a tradition).
    I get up as soon as it gets light, or when the dogs wake up, whichever comes first. My clothes, shoes, headphones etc are all laid out ready to go. The two big dogs and I take off into the desert and just run. Sometimes I walk, Sometimes I fall down. The dogs run, chase and wrestle. Sometimes they chase rabbits.
    When we get back to camp, my husband has the coffee made, and spiked with Bailey’s Irish Cream. He makes bacon sandwiches on the grill. Each of the dogs get one piece of bacon too.
    I love our camping Sundays.

3. Angie says

Our Sunday morning tradition is splitting a breakfast burrito from the hole in the wall Mexican restaurant by our house, or if Im doing a long run my hubby has it waiting for me! They know us there now.

We have a Saturday and Sunday morning traditions :)

Saturday – Farmers market, coffee date (Starbucks or local place), then grocery shopping. Nothing too exciting but we look forward to it!

Sunday – Long run outside or gym if the weather isn’t cooperating followed by brunch!

PS Cupcakes look delicious!

I think avocado makes everything significantly better. :) My husband and I typically are a little lazier on Sunday mornings and I almost always make breakfast for the two of us, which sometimes doesn’t happen on Saturday because I’m up so much earlier than him.

Well it used to be waking up early and going to church, but my night owl tendencies finally convinced me to start going to the service Saturday night instead. Now Sunday mornings are a bit more relaxed, but I usually save some sort of fun errand to do.

7. Vanessa says

My Sunday tradition is church! It’s the best way to start the week. It also is a day for long naps, finish up my lesson plans, and just ralax. I try to keep Sunday as lazy as possible so I am refreshed and ready to face my work week with 17 little hyper first graders.