Dead Garmin 305

This morning I went to strap on my Garmin for a 6 mile MP run but it was dead. After freaking out on Ben, Twitter and considering driving to the nearest bridge to jump – I went for my run realizing pace would be a mystery today. IMG 6541 800x600 thumb Dead Garmin 305I did my go-to 6 mile route and it was no problem.

Boo.bIMG 6543 800x600 thumb Dead Garmin 305My run was decent considering I started off feeling down. I just need to figure out what to do about tomorrow!?! I have 17 miles planned and do not have a 17 mile route I can think up as I go along.

But, at least it’s FRIDAY!!!IMG 6548 800x600 thumb Dead Garmin 305

Breakfast was a buffet of sorts – gimme one of everything wlEmoticon winkingsmile23 Dead Garmin 305 Open faced egg sandwich, Sunflower Seed Butta and Jam, Cherries.IMG 6549 800x600 thumb Dead Garmin 305

Remember the other day when I said I had a splinter or something in my foot? Well, we tried to get it out twice and it didn’t work wlEmoticon sadsmile13 Dead Garmin 305 So, I’m headed back to the doctor today. Last time the Physician’s Assistant said if she has to get it out it’s going to hurt a ton. Great.

See you in a bit!

Comments

Do you have an iPhone? Run Keeper has a free app that does nearly the same things as a Garmin… just strapped to your arm and it doesn’t take forever to connect to the satellites. Might be a good backup option! Unless you don’t have app capabilities… then just forget what I said and maybe use mapmyrun.com before you go out?

2. jillian says

i have 16 miles scheduled for tomorrow AND a dead garmin 305. Go figure. I’m going to try and download an app for my phone… I’ll let you know if I figure out a good one. Any suggestions???

3. Aditi says

That happened to mine a few weeks ago and I went online to the garmin website and followed the directions for the hard reset and it toally worked! The website has a lot of troubleshooting tips!

I would be SO devastated if my Garmin broke. It once lost battery power half way through a long run and I was completely distraught. Good luck with your 17 miles tomorrow! Maybe grab a cheap $20 stopwatch so you can at least get your time!

I really don’t like running without my HRM, either. I’m sure if I had a Garmin..it’d be the same deal! But for now, I’ve been tracking my workouts online so it’s not too big of an issue not to run without a tracker…but I really, really like keeping track of my heart rate at least. I feel naked without the monitor!

6. Christin says

Noooo! That sucks about your Garmin and splinter :(
    I just poured out a peanut butter M&M for you, homie, and it was a green one too! Good luck with your splinter and run tomorrow…you are super inspiring! Wish I could run that far with or without a Garmin…you are my hero of the day :)

Now you can turn in your old garmin for a new and help Girls on The Run while getting $50 back! Whoo hoo! but it has to be from a speciality running store. If you haven’t checked out roadrunnersports.com if you become a VIP member they give you 25% off your first purchase (as of today). :) I just ran 18 with my best friend this morning with her garmin. I really want one and was thinking of getting the 305 (the one your have as it’s on sale at Walmart for $128).

Tina

8. Kellie says

I’m in Costa Mesa. I have a 305 if you want to borrow it for tomorrow? I have to warn you that I use a elastic head band for the strap since my strap broke, but it is comfortable and works. Email if you need to borrow it.

I’m in Pico at my mom’s tonight and getting up early for the run, so I wouldn’t be able to get it in time :( But, thanks for offering! Hope all is well :)

The best part about Garmins is knowing the distance- I did almost all of my long runs without one last year and never knew exactly how far I went, ugh! I ended up in Santa Ana once and had to call my sister to come pick me up :(

Have you ever run on the Mountains-to-Sea trail? I’m not sure exactly where it starts (somewhere in Orange) but I pick it up near my house and it takes you straight to the beach- from where I am, it’s about 13 miles. It’s really pretty and you’ll have some idea of how far you’re going!

Hi there, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it’s driving me insane so any help is very much appreciated.