Today is my my favorite day of the year = National Watermelon Day!!!
Instead of a cat dance I did a watermelon dance this morning
Last week’s numbers from the exact same run:
Today my splits were:
- Mile 1: 8:56
- Mile 2: 8:33
- Mile 3: 8:49
- Mile 4: 8:09
- Mile 5: 8:16
- Mile 6: Cut short but pace was around 9:20
I was faster last week. But, more importantly I just felt better last tempo run too. I felt good and speedy. Today I felt sluggish.
Tomorrow is a rest day and I have my long run scheduled for Friday because of Blogher!!! Hopefully a day of rest will recharge me
Since today is National Watermelon Day I considered eating my favorite fruit for breakfast. But, decided to save that for lunch (and snack and dinner). Instead, I made pumpkin protein pancakes – on a watermelon placemat!
Watermelon Facts (from Watermelon.org):
- It takes 3 months to grow a watermelon
- It takes Monica 3 days (tops) to eat one
- Watermelons are 92% water
- The largest watermelon ever grown was 262 pounds! (I bet that would take me a week to eat. Maybe.)
- You’re supposed to wash a watermelon before you cut it. (No thanks.)
My favorite Watermelon Love Posts:
How to Cut a Watermelon You Tube Video
Question: What’s your favorite food holiday? Any guesses as to how many watermelons I eat in a year?? (Cause I really wish I knew!)