I was the
Dunkin Donuts Designated Driver so I didn’t really drink outside of a champagne toast and a sip of this pumpkin beer when we arrived. I don’t think I’ve ever tried pumpkin beer before! I’m very sheltered. Plus, I don’t like beer…
I LOVE making New Year’s Resolutions! I’m not really a competitive person – something I think is kinda rare for a runner. Example – I was recently asked what my half marathon PR is and I had no clue (luckily I have a lil’ blog that can keep track of these things)! Truthfully, it makes me uncomfortable when people ask about numbers and stuff because I don’t want to feel like I’m being compared!
But, I need goals because I love to compete with myself. I want to be better for me and new goals motivate me. So, I finally put together my goals for 2012.
First, let’s review 2011 Goals. I had a big list at the start of the year…
- Run a sub-four hour marathon. DONE
- Make RER better. Nope, sorry peeps.
- Save Money. Nope. Times were tough this year as training is a luxury item and times are tough for others.
- Run in 6 Different states. Nope. I did three though!
- No diet soda. Nope. I’m an addict. Send me to rehab.
- Relationship Resolution: One date night a week. Eh.
Those goals were:
1. Run a sub 4 hour marathon. I did it!
2. Get to goal weight. I didn’t do it. But, I did eat a lot healthier and more balanced. I made a short attempt at BFL and realized it was too anal for me. But, I did start eating more protein and that helped prevent a lot of snacking and overeating.
Now I’m ready to tackle 2012 and new set of goals.
1. Run Faster.
PR in the Half Marathon.
Run a 5k and 10k by March. Then, PR in those by the end of the year.
Tone my ass and abs. Get in the best shape I can.
Strength train 3 times a week. Yoga once a week. Identify my trouble spots and focus on those.
3. Don’t eat shit.
(Eat Clean 80% of the time.) Cut back on processed food and sugar. No junk food unless it’s a cheat day. Eat what I love, skip what I don’t love.
4. Save Money.
Get my finances in order and save money to be financially ready for a house or baby or move to Costa Rica. One of those.
5. Improve professionally.
Get another PT certification. Learn about photography and social media and video editing. Get on an organized, do-able schedule.
6. BE FEARLESS.
I don’t know if I’ve ever admitted this, but I’m a big scaredy cat! Ben jokingly calls me Safety Suzy. I want to live this year as if I cannot get hurt or fail or die. And if I do – it’s okay.
Did you make a New Year’s Resolutions? What is it?