New Speed Route

Part of my present to Ben was shutting off the computer last night. I’ve been really bad about bring my laptop with me while we’re watching TV and then staying on super late. Does anyone else do this?

I made dinner before my evening shift so it was waiting when we got home. My favorite dinner is Pizza. My second favorite is salmon and sweet potato, this was close enough – chicken, roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes. IMG 6201 800x600 thumb New Speed Route

I stopped at the cupcake bakery on the way home to get Ben (and I) a treat but they were completely sold out. Ben offered to go to Yogurtland, but I was tired so we made our own Valentine’s dessert – strawberries dipped in Nutella. We warmed the Nutella, dipped and froze them for 30 minutes. It was amazing.IMG 6210 800x600 thumb New Speed Route

This morning I wanted to do speed work (I switched yesterday for today), but I didn’t have time to drive any where (I have a morning client). So, I took a risk and ran a new direction. SCORE! It turns out it is 1 mile to this new stretch and the stretch is .5 mile (or an 800).

I did: 1 m warm up, 4 800s and 1m cool down back home. My pace for the 800s is around 7:35ish. I need to get it down to 7:15s per my coach friend, Margot.

Today was chilly, gloves make me feel awkward and yet like a real runner?IMG 6211 800x600 thumb New Speed Route

I used up the last of my big can of pumpkin for a protein pancake. I am digging this new all protein recipe. IMG 6214 800x600 thumb New Speed Route

The addition of PB and a few handfuls of blueberries really keep me full!IMG 6217 800x600 thumb New Speed Route

Okay, I’m off to train. See ya later!

Question: What’s your favorite dinner?

Comments

My new favorite thing is a roast chicken breast, red potatos, and steamed brocolli. Tonight is homemade taco salad with crock pot carnitas – that might take the lead.

Mmmmm, salmon and sweet potatoes are right up there with my favorite dinners, but lately I’ve been digging spaghetti squash with marinara sauce.

MY favorite dinner is definitely some kind of pasta. I make this lemon parmigiana cheese pasta with veggies that i dream about. even though i make it once a week…

4. Stephanie says

Salmon, sweet potato + green veg is one of my all time fav dinners too! Other than that, anything Korean (preferably cooked by my mom).

Funny, my favorite dinner is pretty close to yours. I am currently really into salmon burgers (I get them at Costco and they are super quick / easy to cook), broccoli, and black rice (also a Costco find).

Yess, I’ve been bringing my computer onto the couch. My husband will try and get my attention adn start talking and 5 mins later i’m like ‘sorry, what did you just say?!’ not a good habit i suppose.

My favorite dinner is the one I had last night. Black bean salad, brown rice with salsa, and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. I could eat that for many, many nights in a row with only complaints from my husband ;)

Salmon is my favorite dinner. You can bet 9 times out of 10 when we go out to eat I’ll be ordering the salmon. A close second is anything italian because that’s what I grew up with.

Guilty of taking the laptop to the couch and staying on it waaaaaay tooo late as well. My favorite dinner seems to change with my mood…but it’s always followed up by a late night snack of oatmeal.

Pizza is always a winner (deep dish supreme here please!). My new (healthy) fave is spinach and artichoke brown rice pasta w/olives. Plop a protein on the plate and it’s perfect! :)

11. Denise P. says

I wore some blue gloves during the virtual run for Sherry Arnold on Saturday. That’s one of the first times I’ve ever run with gloves – I just happened to have in my car and decided last minute that they’d do me good. One of the girls that showed up to run too had the exact same gloves on.

Nutella strawberries! Ughh dangerous. Although I did find a generic Nutella (at Ralph’s) that is slightly healthier so maybe I’ll give it a try with that and see how they come out.

I have been seriously drooling over your constant pancake making so i decided to finally try and make my own today. i went for banana pancakes. I think i need a nonstick pan… :(