Fun Friday

Hello and Happy Friday! I watched the last Jersey Shore yesterday. I don’t know when I started to actually like that show and those people, but I do. Don’t judge. We all have our things.

Last night I took “sleep squares” that are supposed to help you sleep. No, it’s not a cute name for roofies, I got them from the Natural Products expo. Anyways, they give me the saddest dreams. The first night I took them I lost my wedding ring and last night my dog ran away. I’m still sad even though it didn’t really happen…

This morning I did a quick 3 miler and had breakfast before rushing off to work. I had some leftover frittata and one of Ben’s pancakes. He got all fancy with breakfast this morning!IMG 7964 800x533 thumb Fun Friday

I forgot my water bottle at work yesterday and cups don’t cut it so I’m using an empty OJ gallon. Much better.IMG 7983 800x600 thumb Fun Friday

After work I hit up the Farmer’s Market real fast for some veggies and fruit. I don’t know about you guys, but my farmer’s market is expensive! Anyone?IMG 7979 800x600 thumb Fun Friday

local organic juice only Fun Friday

My 5 Fun Faves from the Finternet this week:

1. Fake Donuts are Bagels… fake donuts are bagels thumb Fun Friday(source)

2. Red Panda Loves Pumpkin like I love watermelon (video)

3. Not exactly fun, but this article on Muscle Cramping is super helpful as I get really bad quad cramps during marathons!

4. 77 Year Old Holocaust Survivor is the oldest runner in the Jerusalem Marathon (article)

5. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day

Make the Smitten Kitchen’s Chocolate Stout Cake with Guinness. I don’t drink beer, but I can get behind this!guinness cake thumb Fun Friday(source)

Okay, off to live my day! See ya later!

Question: What are your weekend Plans?

St. Patty’s day fun or runs?

Got a fun link to share?

Comments

Yup! I’ve got the Go Green St. Patrick’s Day Race (I’m running the half marathon event). Too bad it will be showering on and off. I won’t be racing hard, just running it and having fun :)

I just read that article about muscle cramping and learned something new – I had heard that bananas helped cramping but they never seemed to work. And now I understand that my cramping was probably sodium-related. Thanks for sharing!

Oh my goodness, I hate dreams that feel so real! I once dreamt my legs got cutt off the day before my first race ever (give it up for the dana point turkey trot, what what?!). It took be literally 10 min of crying in bed for me to realize that my dream wasn’t real!

4. Sarah says

If your “sleep squares” have Melatonin in them (a common homeopathic sleep supplement) then that would explain your dreams. It’s known to give people crazy dreams! I haven’t experienced that myself, but I only take 5mg.

5. Dynamics says

My mom gets horrible horrible cramps. She swears by this remedy. She carries these packets of mustard around with her. You find them all over her house. She just opens a mustard package and the mustard slides down her throat and the muscle cramp disappears. (or you could just take a spoonful out of a mustard jar) Unfortunately it did not work for me, but you should try it. Let me know if you do and if it works for you.

my weekend plans are a 14 miles long run..woo hoo!! hah big plans! no regular drinking on st patties day since im preggers..what a bummer i love st patties! mostly bc i love drinking..haha oh well, next year!

7. Erika says

Hi…new to your bloc! The bagel paper is cracking me up right now! This weekend? Hoping to get in a run but with rain on the forecast I’m not thrilled.

I wish I was running a fun St. Patty’s day race and drinking green beer but I will be draggin my butt around LA in the rain, doing the marathon.

The hubbs and I were gonna do the St Pattys Day Dash in Seattle but we’ve been sick all week and the hubs has bronchitis! We might just go walk around and watch all the peeps and their fun costumes. There will be around 15,000 people!

Doing a St. Patty’s Day 5K, most likely in the rain, and planning to enjoy some corned beef cooked in Guinness and chocolate Guinness cake. I use Guinness instead of oil and eggs with a regular chocolate cake mix and it comes out wonderful–it’s the easy way to make it, though not as good as doing it from scratch. :D

Haha the donut vs. bagel find is fabulous! I SHOULD be doing the Rock ‘n’ Roll race in DC this morning but I just ate a stack of ‘cakes and curled up on the sofa instead ;P