Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

Helloooo! How was your day?

I have been hitting the bottle pretty hard lately. I’m not worried about it, but I’ve also been eating craptacularly. That’s a word (‘cause I just added it to the Urban Dictionary).

Anyway, this afternoon I was at Costco and the pizza was calling my name. He still does this even though I’ve explained that we shouldn’t be together. We have a very passionate relationship, but it’s not healthy.

i love pizza thumb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

I decided to go with some fro-yo and make a healthy pizza at home. Think of it as hanging out with Costco Pizza’s more successful brother – Cauliflower wlEmoticon winkingsmile3 Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

(And yes, that fro-yo is super healthy because it has fruit soaked in high fructose corn syrup on the top and bottom.)image thumb49 Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

Cauliflower Pizza Recipe

IMG 0772 800x600 thumb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

• 3 cups cauliflower shredded (I used a grater because my food processor is MIA)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tb. Italian Seasoning
  • 1 Tb. granulated Garlic
  • Salt
  • 1/2c shredded cheese

Directions: Cook shredded cauliflower in a skillet until soft, about 6 minutes. Mix with remaining ingredients and form a pizza shape of your choice, preferably a circle or square but if you’re some kind of artist feel free to express yourself.IMG 0711 800x533 thumb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until firm. IMG 0767 800x600 thumb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

Add pizza toppings of your choice and broil until hot/melted. IMG 0769 800x600 thumb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

Enjoy!

(Then, have some wine and fro-yo guilt free, obviously.)IMG 0775 800x600 thumb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

zero calorie pizza Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe

Question: What did you have for dinner?

*I’ve seen cauliflower pizza on Meals and Moves, CNC and Eating Bird Food – everyone gets credit for this idea!

Comments

I keep seeing this cauliflower pizza crust all over the inter-world and I’m dying to try it. I just tried cauliflower mashed “potatoes” last week and I think I found my newest obsession. This is next on the agenda.

Ohhhh Costco pizza will get ya!! Way to go girl, I can never stay away from it! :) “…preferably a circle or square but if you’re some kind of artist feel free to express yourself.” You’re too funny!

Lord, everyone is making this cauliflower crust. It has to be good then! :) Okay okay, I’m jumping on the Paleo train – just for this recipe though. ;)

I mean, it’s not “real pizza” so you can’t really expect it to be pizza, but if you already eat a lot of random healthy foods that other people would be weirded out by then, Yes. It’s good on that level :)

4. Christy says

I have been loving cauliflower crust for a while but last weekend I tried eggplant pizza! I broiled the eggplant first and then put some sauce, cheese and toppings and baked it for 10 min or so. It was awesome! And a nice change from the cauliflower.

It’s been an incredible day, and yourself?! That base looks straannge, but then the pizza looks good, and at least you’ve gone for an awesome healthy option.

P.s. I’m on a computer, but your mobile theme is showing up, what’s going on?!

Y-U-M!! I have seen this around and have wanted to try it-I think you have inspired me! Any thoughts for what to put in as a binder instead of cheese? Dairy makes me sick…WAH!
    Also-the cartoon at the bottom is AMAZING! And sad….

I’m always skeptical of cauliflower pizza bc I just don’t think it’d be firm/crispy enough. But maybe ill be brave and give it a shot.

I’m not sure if I missed but how did you like the cauliflower crust? I’m been trying to find a good recipe and haven’t. The last one I tried was horrible!

“…have been hitting the bottle pretty hard lately”’- good job, the first step is admitting you have a problem. JUST kidding. I went through a bottle of wine this weekend, alone, so I can’t talk. Last night I had scrambled eggs and 1/2 a bagel.

I’ve seen cauliflower pizza crust a couple of times, but was skeptical. It looks really yummy here! I will have to try it now! Thanks for sharing it!

11. Cathy says

I am intrigued to try this because I am also a pizza addict, but i’m not a huge cauliflower fan. Did you see the sweet potato crust Tina t CNC did?

12. Phebe says

Did Ben try the “pizza” and what did he think? It’s cracking me up just imagining the look on my husband’s face when I tell him I made this for dinner. But maybe he’d go for it – who knows!?

Last night’s dinner was boiled noodles topped with my mom’s stirfried tofu, soy cakes, mixed of peas, carrots and baby corn and shredded toasted seaweed on top.

I’ve been seeing these pizzas with different crusts everywhere lately and I really want to make one. I even saw one made out of spinach? But this one seems really simple although I’d have to omit the cheese for my (mostly) Paleo diet. If I was going to take the time to make my own crust, I might try my own sauce too- possible weekend activity.

15. Mills says

Try using only one egg and use a mesh strainer (bag, preferably) or a thin kitchen towel to squeeze out as much moisture as possible after heating up or boiling the cauliflower. Sounds like a pain in the ass but it’s worth it!